Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

peteeeed wrote: »
    a banter ban

I cant imagine Jose is the kind of guy who turns up totraining and uses the word banter in any context :pac:

I love that it says "senior Chelsea sources" too. Top banter on a Tuesday morning. :D
    peteeeed wrote: »
    but somehow my bill went up

I think even the UPC package went up by a standard €5 a month if you had a sports package because of the UCL rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Bugger ITV seem to have lost live rights as well so Bogger TV or BT some choice......

Bugger ITV seem to have lost live rights as well so Bogger TV or BT some choice......

Usually ITV only show one game on a match week, it could be theyre showing Utd v PSV tonight or City v Juventus and nothing tomorrow night.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Usually ITV only show one game on a match week, it could be theyre showing Utd v PSV tonight or City v Juventus and nothing tomorrow night.

No they only have a highlights (package listed for tomorrow night showing highlights of the games involving the English sides). Apparently only the final will be free to air in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

No they only have a highlights (package listed for tomorrow night showing highlights of the games involving the English sides). Apparently only the final will be free to air in the UK.

I thought BT were showing some games FTA as well ?

EDIT: not great but better than nothing...

http://sport.bt.com/sport-football/champions-league/news/bt-sport-to-show-free-to-air-uefa-champions-league-and-uefa-europa-league-matches-S11364002870161

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

jose press conf

Jose: 'It's a new competition with all four teams starting with zero points. To start at home is important.'

we want to get our Champions League group stage campaign off to a good start before testing trips to Porto and Kiev

it is normal his team are frustrated and unhappy at the moment.

'The only problem we have is that we haven't had good results. We aren't happy but we know what we are.

'I am the current champion of England. Why should I be in trouble?'

he can makes changes and use his whole squad but that doesn't mean he has a problem with players he leaves out.

'I am going to make a couple of changes to try a different dynamic and give a chance to players who aren't playing.'

'It is important for us to qualify and if we can get three points tomorrow that would be a good first step.'

Maccabi are capable of winning but he stresses we are the better team and it is up to us to prove that.

the team are prepared for any tactical formation Maccabi will play.

our former defender Tal Ben Haim is a good guy and left good memories from his time at Chelsea.

despite our bad start nobody can steal our trophies. 'We know what we are - champions of England'

it is a strange feeling for people who are used to winning all the time to suffer bad results. It affects confidence

Oscar and Baba Rahman will be involved tomorrow. Falcao has a little problem but should be fine.

'I promise you I am fine. I am not happy. I am not used to losing so many times but I am adapting to the challenge.'

'Communication is very important and I try to improve my teams at that level.

more here

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chelsea-vs-maccabi-tel-aviv-10058034

I hope to God there is changes and that those who come in, can perform.

A few areas that I'm seriously worried over who plays with Matic, as Cesc and Mikel now have had chances and both were sh*te. Is it time to bring in some energy and play Ramires?

Who plays at CB? Our current 3 CBs have had mixed fortunes so far this season, Zouma has a lot to learn still and his positioning seemed to be a bit awol against Everton.

Who plays RB? I'd suggest anybody but Ivan for the time being. If Rahman can put in some good performances then his place is in serious doubt, like Cole and Azpilicueta a few seasons back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Good to hear Baba and Oscar involved. Would like to see Traore or Kenedy given a start too. Kenedy looked shocking the other night but needs a few fulls games (ideally not games where we're getting battered too) to show what he can do competitively.

• Advertisement

Who plays at CB? Our current 3 CBs have had mixed fortunes so far this season, Zouma has a lot to learn still and his positioning seemed to be a bit awol against Everton.

I saw people criticising him after the Everton game but I'm not too concerned. It was his first sub-par performance and he was playing in between the slowest players on our teams and with every attack/cross coming from his and Ivan's side.

The only thing I wasn't happy with really was between him and Matic letting Naismith stroll into the box for his header and giving him all the space in the world. Zouma wasn't aware and Matic didn't follow him, to let that chap score a header between to big guys is horrendous and shows how much space he must have been in.

From TSHO's press conference

Mourinho declared that he was still ‘special and happy’ despite his side’s unexpected slump

Yay :D:D:D

Lose the next two games and he'll be special and sacked :pac:

hots wrote: »
    I saw people criticising him after the Everton game but I'm not too concerned. It was his first sub-par performance and he was playing in between the slowest players on our teams and with every attack/cross coming from his and Ivan's side.

The only thing I wasn't happy with really was between him and Matic letting Naismith stroll into the box for his header and giving him all the space in the world. Zouma wasn't aware and Matic didn't follow him, to let that chap score a header between to big guys is horrendous and shows how much space he must have been in.

What didnt help either at the other end, Stones put in a very good performance for Everton so people were going to compare both that day.

Just listened to the full conference there, glad to hear he's acknowledging that it's not all rosy. Would love to see Rahmann to make him have to make a difficult decision for Arsenal.

Also good to see him actually having a bit of a laugh and not just shutting out in the press conferences.

Just listened to the full conference there, glad to hear he's acknowledging that it's not all rosy. Would love to see Rahmann to make him have to make a difficult decision for Arsenal.

Also good to see him actually having a bit of a laugh and not just shutting out in the press conferences.

We've been terrible and unlucky so far this year.

Last year, at times we were terrible but got draws or nicked wins, however, that luck isnt there at the moment. Sooner or later we'll turn it around and statistically speaking, it should be a lot sooner than later.

I expect to win by 2 or 3 tomorrow night and Saturday is anyones guess, if we play like we have been, we'll lose again which is a scary thought IMO but we have the manager and squad to turn it around, no doubt.

• Advertisement

We've been terrible and unlucky so far this year.

Last year, at times we were terrible but got draws or nicked wins, however, that luck isnt there at the moment. Sooner or later we'll turn it around and statistically speaking, it should be a lot sooner than later.

I expect to win by 2 or 3 tomorrow night and Saturday is anyones guess, if we play like we have been, we'll lose again which is a scary thought IMO but we have the manager and squad to turn it around, no doubt.

If we play like we have been we'll be beaten pretty comprehensively. It'll need a massive performance to get anything from the Arsenal game imo, couldn't come at a worse time. Realistically it's the games after Arsenal I'm more worried about, we'll need to be hitting a win streak of 5/6/7 games on the bounce to get back on track somewhat. I think Arsenal will be too soon though to expect points.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I think the demotion of the medical team might have had a negative impact on team morale. It's definitely not the root of all our problems but it definitely didn't help. It also put us under intense scrutiny from the get go. The Secret Footballer mentioned in an article that the physio's have a very special relationship with players, a mutual respect that isn't their between them and the coaching staff. They are usually the first people you see before training in the morning and the last people you see before going home. Fearn and Caneiro were at the club for over 4 years now so it's not unreasonable to think that they had made friends with a good few of the players.

The whole ordeal put the season in a negative light from the very beginning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

all is good , jose has had the 'down to business' haircut

CO8P0oBWoAAmbDx.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Rahman could score a hat trick and we'll still see Dave and Ivan at the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

think this CL match could be rosenburg '07 all over again

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    think this CL match could be rosenburg '07 all over again

Imagine if we had WBA next.

Theyre the team that sack more Chelsea managers than anyone else. :pac:

If we play like we have been we'll be beaten pretty comprehensively. It'll need a massive performance to get anything from the Arsenal game imo, couldn't come at a worse time. Realistically it's the games after Arsenal I'm more worried about, we'll need to be hitting a win streak of 5/6/7 games on the bounce to get back on track somewhat. I think Arsenal will be too soon though to expect points.

I reckon we;ve a decent shot against arsenal, we're at home too.

I read online somewhere too that Arsenal might be a bit delayed in coming home from Zagreb, something to do with air travel after their Wednesday game which might give us a small edge too.

After Arsenal we've Newcastle and Villa, two tricky sides we always seem to struggle against.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Jose can never resist a good old dig at Wenger can he

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

He's the King of deflection and whataboutery

What, where and when?

Theres no quotes or sources but this has popped up on BBC.
    Chelsea's plan to redevelop Stamford Bridge into a new 60,000-capacity stadium is "generally acceptable", says the local authority.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34255360

Theres no quotes or sources but this has popped up on BBC.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34255360

Yea posted earlier as reported by the Evening Standard

For those will time on their hands

http://public-access.lbhf.gov.uk/online-applications/files/ED876885DB717C501F647F065F754F47/pdf/2015_03706_SCOEIA-SCOPING_OPINION-1525567.pdf

Or else just jump to conclusions so it seems kosher

Yea posted earlier as reported by the Evening Standard

For those will time on their hands

http://public-access.lbhf.gov.uk/online-applications/files/ED876885DB717C501F647F065F754F47/pdf/2015_03706_SCOEIA-SCOPING_OPINION-1525567.pdf

Or else just jump to conclusions so it seems kosher

I reckon it all most be in order as we've released plans and a model and had two consultations.

What was it, 4 or 5 years ago when the council said they didnt want us to expand, when we then went actively looking for an alternative site they changed their tune. I do however feel sorry for the local residents as on matchdays it can be a nightmare and in any given season we'll play at home probably close to 30 times a season.

However, most of the issues I thought would come from the London transport, with overground and underground services possibily being effected but theyve not said anything by the looks of it.

The increased and widened enterances and exits will help clear the extra few thousand people around the ground too.

Really cant wait for this to happen.

Did he have a dig at Wenger? If you're referring to his comment about other teams having not won as recently as Chelsea I think ya need to work on that inferiority complex a bit. I didn't hear any reference to Arsenal or Wenger.

I reckon it all most be in order as we've released plans and a model and had two consultations.

What was it, 4 or 5 years ago when the council said they didnt want us to expand, when we then went actively looking for an alternative site they changed their tune. I do however feel sorry for the local residents as on matchdays it can be a nightmare and in any given season we'll play at home probably close to 30 times a season.

However, most of the issues I thought would come from the London transport, with overground and underground services possibily being effected but theyve not said anything by the looks of it.

The increased and widened enterances and exits will help clear the extra few thousand people around the ground too.

Really cant wait for this to happen.

I think there may have been a change of council as well, however by improving egress and access to Fulham Broadway Station should lighten the load down the Fulham Road before and after matches so it should help residents.

There does certainly seem to be some momentum behind this now, same as yourself can't wait to see the new stadium think the plans look great. Come some way from the stadium I first visited as a slip of a lad.stamford-bridge-stadium-1970s.jpg

• Advertisement

Ya, AFAIK, the local council elections in it might have been 2013 or early 2014, there was a change and it was reported that it was going to be viewed as favourable for an expansion, about 18months or so later we're very close to announcing a move from the Bridge to Wembley for 2 or 3 years and have a new stadium before the ned of the decade.

Its the right direction for the club to go in, the fact Roman is footing the inital outlay himself at a reported £500m is staggering from Roman. Although, by the time final numbers come in I wouldnt be surprised to see that figure jump up a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Why should be in trouble when im champion , when others can go 5,6,10 years with no result and still not be in trouble , I think we're the ones who haven't won a title in 10 years.....

But ya its just me probably not as if theres a big game coming up the weekend or anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

tweet4.jpg

Big game tonight for us, should be a win, should also see a few changes but I hope theyre not just changes for changes sake, if someone plays well they should be in contention to start on Saturday.

Why should be in trouble when im champion , when others can go 5,6,10 years with no result and still not be in trouble , I think we're the ones who haven't won a title in 10 years.....

But ya its just me probably not as if theres a big game coming up the weekend or anything

Literally no mention of Arsenal at all, not brought up by him or the journalists in the room. When Sky haven't even tried to spin something at it you know you're grasping at straws.

He was having as much of a pop at Pardew as Wenger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Should be an easy win, ironic really since this competition is a waste of time.

As long as we switch it up tonight and the fringe guys are blended with the experience players we should win.

Avoid a scenario like Utd last night with a horrific injury and poor result and I'll be happy, even if its only 1-0.

In fairness though we should have enough about us to put 2 or 3 past Tel Aviv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

It would be better to give tonight's opponents a good battering. I mean 5 or 6 nil. Give the players a bit of confidence back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Yeah we need a good performance tonight, not just a result IMO. Tonight and the Capital One next week will give big opportunities to some players to push into the team (Oscar, Rahman, RLC). I don't expect Jose to change the usual team too much for the next two league games as they are against Arsenal and our usual tricky away trip to Newcastle.. but after that then hopefully 2-3 new faces will be getting into the starting XI regularly.

RichT wrote: »
    tweet4.jpg

The black and decker line actually had me laugh in the middle of the office. Brilliant :D

Pogba was good last night :o

Thankfully hes only on loan to JKuventus until he arrives in London next summer :pac:

Thought he had an average enough game tbh, nice ball in for Manduzkic though.

Thankfully hes only on loan to Juventus until he arrives in London next January :pac:

There fixed that for you :rolleyes:

Thankfully hes only on loan to JKuventus until he arrives in London next summer :pac:

Bony was shockin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Omg the monkey closed his account, we are down a fan

Cue a Kahn-like rage at the sky

Yeah noticed that a while back, think it's been closed for over a month at this stage.

No wonder we are playing so badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I wasn't wondering where monkeys comments were after the last few bad results ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

What a Cowboy!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement