Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Won't be too difficult to spot a rereg anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Omg the monkey closed his account, we are down a fan

The real tragedy of our recent run :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Won't be too difficult to spot a rereg anyway.

Really? I can never spot those cowboys myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Really? I can never spot those cowboys myself

Indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Should be an easy win, ironic really since this competition is a waste of time.

if the champions league is a waste of time then I am a re-reg of The Monkey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Less the re-reg talk ye bunch of lunatics :eek:

On to tonight, team news should be out soon, hoping for a few changes myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Ivanovic dropped thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Chelsea team tonight: Begovic; Azpilicueta, Zouma, Cahill (c), Baba Rahman; Loftus-Cheek, Fabregas; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Remy. #CFC

Papers got the line up spot on

A win today and a win on Saturday and we're right back on track again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

TimRiggins wrote:
    A win today and a win on Saturday and we're right back on track again.

We need wins and good performances IMO. Not just a result. We can't be like we were at the end of last season, playing **** and winning... need performances for confidence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Lukker- wrote: »
    Chelsea team tonight: Begovic; Azpilicueta, Zouma, Cahill (c), Baba Rahman; Loftus-Cheek, Fabregas; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Remy. #CFC

Im happy with that . Don't fvck it up Dave and baba. Could be the back 4 on Saturday . Remy has deserved his chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Can we play that team against Arsenal?!
    Love to see Loic go ape sheite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Considering the amount of changes, if this team does sh!te, we're fOOked

duploelabs wrote: »
    Considering the amount of changes, if this team does sh!te, we're fOOked

Que them being class and we all saying 'Jose. Why didn't ya play these lads all season? "

Is it on telly

Panthro wrote: »
    Que them being class and we all saying 'Jose. Why didn't ya play these lads all season? "

Is it on telly

Not on rte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Panthro wrote: »

Is it on telly
    Setanta ireland and Bt sport

Excited for this game. i'll start a thread.

• Advertisement

chelsea, the only English side to claim any points on UCL night 1.

Yes we've had the easiest opponents but its a decent win for us and performance too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Killinator

Hopefully this will be the end of the sack Jose rubbish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Great result, Rahman looks good going forward even if he was a little wasteful with his passing but loftus cheek was exceptional. Top of the table!

Killinator wrote: »
    Hopefully this will be the end of the sack Jose rubbish!

Almost as stupid as the Arsenal fans on Twitter looking for Wenger to go after losing tonight.

We're all fickle though at times.

Hazard and Costa were flirting with the game but done somethings ok, they still look off the pace but once we got to 3-0 the sting of the game was gone, players had no real interest in going for more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Great result, Rahman looks good going forward even if he was a little wasteful with his passing but loftus cheek was exceptional. Top of the table!

RLC really was fantastic. If it wasn't such a tough weekend fans you'd give him the start.

Fab and hazard once again the worst in the team. Pleased with baba, not perfect but the intent and the balance at the back was great. Zouma was a bit out of position a couple of times but fine.

Thought remy was a bit unlucky to be chucked on the wing early on but did pretty well too. Food for thought for the weekend. Oh and Oscar was very good tonight, with willian taking a knock he must be a cert for the weekend.

• Advertisement

Decent performance a good result. The positives were RLC who had a fine game. Can't see him playing v Arsenal but a few more of those performances and he'll be knocking at the door. Baba Rahman was decent a made a few good runs. Looked sharp defensively also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Thought it interesting how well Willian was playing until the hammer went, amazing what a proper full back behind you will do. Dave was excellent tonight as the season rolls on it has to be Dave and Baba II, mind you thought that last season with Dave and Luis as well. Happy can get loss from time to time but his speed really helps him out.

I reckon RLC is ready for the PL would love to see him start beside Matic and push Cesc forward with Oscar and Hazard assuming Pedro is not fit. But it is unlikely to happen.

We won a game!!!! (Throwback to the excitement of winning a game)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Who´s been messing with the internet ?

It says Chelsea won 4-0 ?

With Willian and Pedro out of the Arsenal game theres a gap at Rw, Jose will probably fill it with ramires but theres scope to play Oscar wide and Cesc or RLC at #10.

Alternatively he could play Kenedy Rw and push Oscar behind Costa.

Will be interesting to watch. Id also, no matter what, play Azp RB against Sanchez, Ivan will get eaten alive by Sanchez.

• Advertisement

We needed that.

RLC finally showing what he can do, I'd play him along side Matic for Arsenal, Fab in the hole and Oscar on the right. Could possibly play Oscar in the hole and Remy wide right but I don't think he'll drop Fabregas.

This is pretty much the same Arsenal team we didnt have a lot of difficulty with last season, we are not playing the best team in Europe on Saturday. After his performance last night I cant see any reason why RLC should not play, none at all we have had a dreadful start to the season we need to look a little outside the square here.

I am assuming Ivan the oil tanker (yes he turns that quick) is back sadly so lets say the following Begovic, Ivan, JT, Happy, Dave, Matic, RLC, Oscar, Cesc, Hazard, Costa. That team should really be good enough for the win.

Dave was absolutely fantastic at RB last night he really is a super player if Baba II can settle that will be a huge bonus for us this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Almost as stupid as the Arsenal fans on Twitter looking for Wenger to go after losing tonight.

We're all fickle though at times.

Don't get me started! Well done on winning in Match Week 1

efb wrote: »
    Don't get me started! Well done on winning in Match Week 1

I know some of the Gooners are sick of the same old same sold but ye'll still get out of the group pretty easily IMO.

Football is full of knee jerk reactions, there was a few looking for Jose to go as well after losing to Everton, fans are very reactionary and usually its not for the better.

Ah I think had we not beat Tel Aviv last night I'd have been shocked, theyre one of the worst teams in the group stage and even after the penalty miss I always felt we'd score 2 or 3.

The real test is Saturday, I wouldnt say we're back after last night but some decent performances should help the confidence.

Lukker- wrote: »
    We needed that.

RLC finally showing what he can do, I'd play him along side Matic for Arsenal, Fab in the hole and Oscar on the right. Could possibly play Oscar in the hole and Remy wide right but I don't think he'll drop Fabregas.

I'd be inclined to do that also,

Matic RLC
    Oscar Cesc Hazard

I think Jose will probably throw Cesc in next to Matic, Oscar #10 and Ramires RW though, if I see Ramries and IVan on the RW on Saturday I wont even watch the match.
    This is pretty much the same Arsenal team we didnt have a lot of difficulty with last season, we are not playing the best team in Europe on Saturday. After his performance last night I cant see any reason why RLC should not play, none at all we have had a dreadful start to the season we need to look a little outside the square here.

I am assuming Ivan the oil tanker (yes he turns that quick) is back sadly so lets say the following Begovic, Ivan, JT, Happy, Dave, Matic, RLC, Oscar, Cesc, Hazard, Costa. That team should really be good enough for the win.

Dave was absolutely fantastic at RB last night he really is a super player if Baba II can settle that will be a huge bonus for us this season.

Flip side to that is this is the same Arsenal side we lost the community shield too, granted neither team played well but they were a few weeks ahead of us in terms of fitness and match sharpness, in the following weeks we've looked slow and devoid of confidence, Arsenal wont fear coming to the Bridge anyway this time.

I hope RLC plays anyway, Rahman too but I suspect one or both maybe benched and rolled out again for the Capitla 1 cup game on Wednesday week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I disagree, this is a different Arsenal side to the side that was beaten at Stamford bridge last season 2nil. We have two different full backs, Monreal instead of Gibbs and Bellerin instead of Chambers, who are two massive upgrades. Coquelin also didn't play that fixture last season, who now is pretty much one of the first names on the team sheet. Not forgetting that Cech is in between the sticks, so on paper defensively we are a lot stronger than last season.

I'm obviously hoping for an Arsenal win, but I'm not confident, can't see Chelsea losing four of their first 6 matches, so if I was given a draw right now I'd take it. Should be a decent game hopefully and we really are due a league win against has, sure we are even due a goal as I don't think Arsenal have scored against Chelsea in the previous 4 league games!

I'm obviously hoping for an Arsenal win, but I'm not confident, can't see Chelsea losing four of their first 6 matches, so if I was given a draw right now I'd take it. Should be a decent game hopefully and we really are due a league win against has, sure we are even due a goal as I don't think Arsenal have scored against Chelsea in the previous 4 league games!

This Chelsea side have the worst defensive record in the league, one thing is for sure, Arsenal will score at least once on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

This Chelsea side have the worst defensive record in the league, one thing is for sure, Arsenal will score at least once on Saturday.

Both teams to score - I'm definitely backing that.

I disagree, this is a different Arsenal side to the side that was beaten at Stamford bridge last season 2nil. We have two different full backs, Monreal instead of Gibbs and Bellerin instead of Chambers, who are two massive upgrades. Coquelin also didn't play that fixture last season, who now is pretty much one of the first names on the team sheet. Not forgetting that Cech is in between the sticks, so on paper defensively we are a lot stronger than last season.

I suppose I was going more on the lack of transfer movement on your side over the summer.

I would be a long way from confident there being little in our form that gives rise to optimism. But at the end of the day Arsenal are not in a purple patch neither so we should be good enough - then I thought we would start our season properly last Saturday and that didn't quite work out.

cadaliac wrote: »
    Both teams to score - I'm definitely backing that.

I'd say its a banker. Although the community shield was our best defensive performance this year so far, only took a wonder strike to earn the victory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

no such thing as a sure thing, thats why bookies are rich!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

It's been a while since I've been nervous before an Arsenal game, but I'm nervy ahead of this one.

Nice to get a big win (even if it's only Tel Aviv) to get some confidence back.

no such thing as a sure thing, thats why bookies are rich!

Rich as kings :o

Lukker- wrote:

Yup exactly what I'd do but as Gav said I fear he will play Ramires wide right.

Who will be Ivanovic's direct opponent v Arsenal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

It's been a while since I've been nervous before an Arsenal game, but I'm nervy ahead of this one.

Nice to get a big win (even if it's only Tel Aviv) to get some confidence back.

I really hope the game doesn't swing Arsenal's way on Saturday.
    Its far more than a banana skin of a game.

Who will be Ivanovic's direct opponent v Arsenal?

Sanchez?

Nothing special so

They could put Ozil out there too but hes no worry. Its more than likely going to be Sanchez which is a serious concern.

Ivan has been destroyed by much less capable players than Sanchez this season. I'd be all for Zouma or Azp at RB anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Would Ivan be a better CB than rb I wonder?? Anyway I'd him just not be in the team full stop , would like baba at lb and dave at rb but I'd settle for Zouma and dave as full backs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement