Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

The team that should play at the weekend, I'd leave Terry out since they're playing Walcott through the middle a lot

Begovic
    Azp Zouma Cahill Baba
    RLC Matic
    Oscar/Remy Fabregas Hazard
    Costa

The team we'll actually see at the weekend

Begovic
    Ivan Cahill Terry Azp
    Matic Mikel
    Ramires Fabregas Hazard
    Costa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Have we given up on the title now? Is Saturday a must win in other words or is performance more important?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Have we given up on the title now? Is Saturday a must win in other words or is performance more important?

Im an optimist. 11 points even at this stage doesn't mean it's over. Chelsea playing the way they are in the league, and City playing the way they are, will make it over in the next few weeks unless things change

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I think we need to a win if we are to keep any title hopes alive realistically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Odds heavily stacked against the premiership now. But we still need to keep winning to be incontention for the UCL places. If City have a collapse in the process, then we're back in contention for the EPL. But TBH, most of us probably accept the premiership is gone.

Saturday is a six-pointer at home against a top-4 competitor. Realistically it's a must win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

McDave wrote: »
    Odds heavily stacked against the premiership now. But we still need to keep winning to be incontention for the UCL places. If City have a collapse in the process, then we're back in contention for the EPL. But TBH, most of us probably accept the premiership is gone.

Saturday is a six-pointer at home against a top-4 competitor. Realistically it's a must win.

If we can win Saturday and win a few more on the bounce then you'd never know what will happen with city. They were lucky not to drop points against palace , so imo the title isn't out if reach yet. Lose tomorrow tho and I'm giving up on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

tomorrow i would like to see tomorrow

begovic
    dave cahill / terry zouma baba
    Matic RLC
    Fab
    Oscar Hazard
    Costa

peteeeed wrote: »
    tomorrow i would like to see tomorrow

begovic
    dave cahill / terry zouma baba
    Matic RLC
    Fab
    Oscar Hazard
    Costa

That's the exact team I wana see aswel. What's wrong with Pedro btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Pedro has a muscle injury so himself and Willian are ruled out.

Which makes us very light on the RW, its clearly going to be Ramires from RW which is never a good thing to see. :o

I dont think the title race is over for us but from this point I'd be seriously surprised if come May, we're within 3-6pts of City or whoever is top by then. We've left ourselves way too much to do, now its possible we can catch City of course it is, we made an excellent start last year and City caught us up by around christmas when decisions and results were going against, City faded badly then for a few games and we pulled away once again.

It would take a serious amount of unbeaten games to catch City before Xmas, theres 99pts to play for and we're already 11pts behind City, we won the league last year with 87pts, the way City are going they'll be up in the mid to high 80 odd pts too so we cant afford many more f**ks up if we want to catch them. In truth we'll probably need about 80 of the 99 pts availabel to us to win the league and then City or the rest can only pick up about 70 odd pts of 99 available.

For the above reason alone I dont think we'll win it but we'll certainly be in and around the top 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

We just need to get into another rhythm like we did last year in the second half of the season. Tbh, I'd happily take us playing like that if it put us back into contention.

With the way we are at the moment, I don't see us all of a sudden turning into the side at the start of last season, the squad just doesn't have that confidence right now, but if we can get back into that grinding out results form between now and the New Year, we can look at things again then.

• Advertisement

We just need to get into another rhythm like we did last year in the second half of the season. Tbh, I'd happily take us playing like that if it put us back into contention.

With the way we are at the moment, I don't see us all of a sudden turning into the side at the start of last season, the squad just doesn't have that confidence right now, but if we can get back into that grinding out results form between now and the New Year, we can look at things again then.

I'd take a string of 1-0 grinding wins, the way the team is performing though the defence and CM is a serious isse as they look like theyed ship goals against a Sunday league side at present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Ramires at RW for tomorrow? Would Oscar not do a better job out there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

jose press conf

"Pedro is not definitely out. Willian is out"

"Well, I don't have much news. I select every player for the game because we have doubts and I don't want to be in a situation where somebody is injured in the warm-up,"

"The quality of the training session has not changed (following the win on Tuesday),"

"The quality the intensity, the concentration and professionalism doesn't depend on winning, losing or happiness.

"But it is easy to see some better faces. Easy to feel a different atmosphere, it's normal."

Two seasons ago we won every match against the title contenders and we were not champions. I think it is important because a win means that somebody loses points,"

"It is important but it is not crucial.

"I want to isolate it from every context. It doesn't matter our fantastic record against Arsenal. It doesn't matter that they went seven or eight matches without beating Chelsea.

"If it is a friendly, we want to win. If it is the Charity Shield, the same."

"Easy to see some better faces, easy to see a better soap here because it is normal.

"Willian not even an option. Pedro, Falcao, Oscar - let's see what happens"

Until game finishes, for Cech it is exactly what it is [an opponent]. Afterwards, if he comes to the dressing room, it is open"

"Maybe it was an agreement with a sponsor for the Rugby WC! But Eden is my best penalty taker & the best penalty taker in England" HAHAHA

full details here

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chelsea-vs-arsenal-press-conference-10082019

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

If Ivan is at RB then i'd see ramires at RW

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

I reckon I'd do a better job in an attacking sense then Ramires.

Ramires has often played the big games at RW and Oscar dropped with Willian at #10.

WIth willian out and Pedro very unliekly not to play I reckon it will be Ramires, I'd much prefer Oscar to play from there but I dont pick the team.

duploelabs wrote: »
    If Ivan is at RB then i'd see ramires at RW

I'd nearly play Zouma RB to drop Ivan and leave Azp at LB.

Thats more likely, IMO than Rahman and Azp both playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Jose, if there is a God..he'll tell you to pick this team
    Begovic
    Dave-Zouma-Terry-Baba
    RLC-Matic
    Oscar-Cesc-Hazard
    Costa

(Although I'd be OK with Loic up front. Costa will be too busy annoying people to realise he's supposed to score!)

Panthro wrote: »
    Jose, if there is a God..he'll tell you to pick this team
    Begovic
    Dave-Zouma-Terry-Baba
    RLC-Matic
    Oscar-Cesc-Hazard
    Costa

(Although I'd be OK with Loic up front. Costa will be too busy annoying people to realise he's supposed to score!)

I'd be delighted with that but we can assume its going to be

Asmir
    Ivan Cahill JT Azp
    Matic Mikel
    Oscar/Pedro Cesc Hazard
    Costa

• Can't call this one tomorrow, it's ****ing up my accumulator :/

Probably Arsenals best chance at getting a result at Stamford Bridge in some time / however this is the typical game Jose could bounce back from

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Can't call this one tomorrow, it's ****ing up my accumulator :/

Probably Arsenals best chance at getting a result at Stamford Bridge in some time / however this is the typical game Jose could bounce back from

BTTS and a winner is looking like my gamble. Arsenal have only scored 5 but theyve also only let in 3 goals, I see it being a game with a winner to nil anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'd be delighted with that but we can assume its going to be

Asmir
    Ivan Cahill JT Azp
    Matic Mikel
    Oscar/Pedro Cesc Hazard
    Costa

He plays that team and we're giving away three points.

Panthro wrote: »
    He plays that team and we're giving away three points.

I agree with ya, unless the players are seriously on form and Arsenal are having an off day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Love the Hazard RWC comment, good to see a bit more levity in the press conferences!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

How Ivanovic is starting and Rahman doesn't even make the bench is beyond me :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

redman85 wrote: »
    How Ivanovic is starting and Rahman doesn't even make the bench is beyond me :confused:

Beyond most people I think and I have always been an Ivanovic fan,he has just been woeful this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,307 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Beyond most people I think and I have always been an Ivanovic fan,he has just been woeful this season.

Not only is Ivanovic starting ,he is the captain too.
    Bizarre decision to say the least.

Not only is Ivanovic starting ,he is the captain too.
    Bizarre decision to say the least.

He's vice captain, so I suppose if Terry is out it makes sense, but that's about all that does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Costa's someone **** stirer.

• Advertisement

I wonder what Costa is like off the pitch. He is a certifiably insane when he's on a football pitch.

Delighted with that, strong performance and deserved the 3 points regardless of the poor reffing. Delighted with Zouma today, I think it was Sanchez breaking and he looked beaten but put in a massive tackle at full stretch, awesome.

We're still not performing on all cylinders but we might just be steering in the right direction :)

Clean sheet, a rarely seen thing at Chelsea this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Clean sheet, a rarely seen thing at Chelsea this season.

Too bad we can not play arsenal every week.

Zouma was immense.

How good was it to see Fabregas control a game again? I actually think we did better before the sending off, it got a bit argy bargy afterwards.

You can see the confidence slowly return.

I also loved our pressing in the first half, how important is Oscar? We look like a different team when he's starting.

2 wins in a row now good times :D Costa would wana cop on tho, should have been him sent off today.

Matic seems to be getting back to normal but cesc was poor enough again today

• Advertisement

rottie 11 wrote: »
    2 wins in a row now good times :D Costa would wana cop on tho, should have been him sent off today.

Matic seems to be getting back to normal but cesc was poor enough again today

I thought Cesc was very good, he was putting in tackles, pressing and running the show in the first half. He lacked a bit of cutting edge further up the pitch though.

I thought Cesc and Oscar both did well but had their faults. Cesc still missing a couple of passes and tackles but better. Oscar closing down really well but had a few stray passes in a row. Should put a lot of pressure on Willian for his spot after his injury.

Lukker- wrote: »
    I thought Cesc was very good, he was putting in tackles, pressing and running the show in the first half. He lacked a bit of cutting edge further up the pitch though.

Ya I spose he wasn't too bad but still not as good as he could be

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Ya I spose he wasn't too bad but still not as good as he could be

I know, but no one is playing to their full potential. We can't just flip a switch and be on top form, it's going to be incremental, Oscar too is just returning from injury. We are slowly regaining our confidence, it's good to see positive body language from the players.

We were solid too in midfield, Fabregas and Matic rarely left us exposed. Step by step. I'm hoping for a bit more cutting edge over the next few games.

Ya can always rely on Araenal not to turn up a game like this.

There was some meaty challenges in the game but 11 v 9 could and should have been 10 v 9 as costa should have walked.

Atill though happy with the win was well needed and deserved too.

• Advertisement

Up to 10th!

Until the other results are in :P

Up to 10th!

Mit table it is for us :pac:

Up to 10th!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

GavRedKing wrote: »

temporarily, Watford have since knoked us off our mid table perch, but we will be back :D

Newcastle next for us in the league? Usually a tricky tie for us but I'm delighted that Pardiola isn't there anymore. They are dismal at the moment so it's a must win game.

Weve newcastle next week and theyre losing to watford at home. Should be a good time tonplay them hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Secret Agent Moses strikes for West Ham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

2-0 to West Ham ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

2-0 to West Ham ...
    . They're having a great start to the season

Our year :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement