Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Secret Agent Moses strikes for West Ham.

Thought it was a shame Chelsea let him go out on loan, thought he was their best player pre season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If CIty drop points we'll win the league :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Bollix , they get one back before the break , they'll win It 3-2 ... At least

It was fun while it lasted :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Looking forward to MOTD tonight

We're gonna win the league

City dropping 3pts is good for the league. They always drop stupid points at home when excellent sides and title winners usually rarely slip up at home.

Next few games will be big as theyve a champs league to worry about too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

GavRedKing wrote:
    We're gonna win the league
    . Great day for us, city rattled and showing that they certainly aren't world beaters. I'd still be happy if we finished top 4 and fully blooded zouma, rlc, traore etc. But if we can do that whilst keeping our oar in with the other contenders, then I'll be very optimistic for the future.
    Goes to show the sack him talk earlier in week was utter bs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Other than the last 15 mins of the first half I missed today's game. Thought Costa was gonna get red for the chest bump. Funny thing about Costa is despite the talk of him being loose cannon and liable to lose it at any moment, he hasn't seen a red card in a few years now. Once he gets a yellow, he keeps on at people but controls himself enough not to get sent off.

Performance wise who stood out? In particular how did Ivanovic and Fabregas do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Ivan wasn't too bad today in fairness to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I can see city dropping more points in the next few weeks tbh. Would be great if we could find our form now

Cesc was very good but arsenal had nobody close enough to stop him from deep. Ozil, as usual was a passenger and Ramsey was nowhere, Sanchez was the best player on the park for the 1st 20mins though.

Oh and coquelin was good before he was forced off too. They were unlucky today arsenal. Paulista was naive to kick costa and it ccost them any chance of a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Oh and coquelin was good before he was forced off too. They were unlucky today arsenal. Paulista was naive to kick costa and it ccost them any chance of a result.

He was naive but contrary to some opinions he deserved to go, so did Costa to be fair and we got away with one there. Should have had a peno in the first half so I viewed Costa not seeing red as pay back for that call.
    On balance I think we were the better side 11 v 11 and a little short in the final third when we had a numerical advantage, Pedro being a bit wasteful. Ivan had a couple of nervy moments v Sanchez but who wouldn't to be fair so a much more improved performance from him however he really didn't have much defending to do in the second half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

It's good to have Oscar back too, his tackle on Sanchez demonstrated perfectly why he an ideal partner for Matic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

A CARLSBERG day of sport

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Three seasons since Arsenal scored a league goal against us good to see normal service has been resumed. Is it me or has Wenger finally lost all sense all sense of reality his after match interview was odd to say the least.
    Very little said of Gabriel fouling Hazard and the penalty not been given but that's normal for the press in fairness. Kosinsky should have seen red as well so Daen gave them plenty.

Not often I agree with Piers Morgan but.....

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/645335545195941888?s=01

Three seasons since Arsenal scored a league goal against us good to see normal service has been resumed. Is it me or has Wenger finally lost all sense all sense of reality his after match interview was odd to say the least.
    Very little said of Gabriel fouling Hazard and the penalty not been given but that's normal for the press in fairness. Kosinsky should have seen red as well so Daen gave them plenty.

Today was great but I wouldn't yet say normal service has been resumed , let's not get ahead of ourselves , CFC should get a few more big wins under the belt and then we might say normal service resumed ..

But it has been a good good day today

• Advertisement

Not often I agree with Piers Morgan but.....

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/645335545195941888?s=01

Said that when we bought him. He is the type of player we will love and fans of other teams would hate - and the main reason is jealously.

Today was great but I wouldn't yet say normal service has been resumed , let's not get ahead of ourselves , CFC should get a few more big wins under the belt and then we might say normal service resumed ..

But it has been a good good day today

Ah normal service against Arsenal I meant agree bit to go in the league

Reporter on Twitter

"Astonished anyone is still falling for Costa wind-up schtick 15 months after he arrived in PL. Bet even he can't believe it's still working."

Love the way Wenger is trying to get Diego banned for barely touching Kosinsey (? Spelling). Hard to take the moral high ground when nothing happened for his assault on TSHO a few years back. The man is such a hypocrite it's really sad.

Great to see Arsenal fans still expecting Roman to up sticks and walk, I wonder why he is ploughing half a billion into the stadium if that's his aim. Ah 'tis quite funny really the poor things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Love the way Wenger is trying to get Diego banned for barely touching Kosinsey (? Spelling). Hard to take the moral high ground when nothing happened for his assault on TSHO a few years back. The man is such a hypocrite it's really sad.

Great to see Arsenal fans still expecting Roman to up sticks and walk, I wonder why he is ploughing half a billion into the stadium if that's his aim. Ah 'tis quite funny really the poor things.

Well Gabriel did get sent off for barely touching Costa too. TSHO as you call him is also a hypocrite, like most managers in the game, so nothing new there in your comment about Wenger.

Nice to see Petr got a good reception from the classless Chelsea supporters

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/9/19/9357063/chelsea-fc-predictably-defeat-arsenal-petr-cech-fans-reaction

Unlike the reception Cesc gets from those classy fans

Nice to see Petr got a good reception from the classless Chelsea supporters

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/9/19/9357063/chelsea-fc-predictably-defeat-arsenal-petr-cech-fans-reaction

Unlike the reception Cesc gets from those classy fans

Era, it boils down to how you leave too. Cesc was all vut hijacked by spanish and barca players to come "home".

I can understand thier hatred but then to join your rivals in england? Theyll never like him again, even though hes spoken well enough about the club. Hes a nice guy is our cesc.

Cech though, was good to see him at the bridge again. Top bloke.

Its 4am and im sober.... :o

Anyway, this is why I enjoy the internet. Im off.....

https://twitter.com/ArsenalReport/status/645179910856818689?s=01

Era, it boils down to how you leave too. Cesc was all vut hijacked by spanish and barca players to come "home".

I can understand thier hatred but then to join your rivals in england? Theyll never like him again, even though hes spoken well enough about the club. Hes a nice guy is our cesc.

But he was been frozen out at Barca and Arsenal did not want him, he is a professional footballer what is he supposed to do? There was a no doubt attractive offer from us on the table, rumour has it Arsenal had a first option clause and did not use it.

This is not Gordon Durie we are talking about who said he wanted to leave Chelsea to be nearer home and went to Spurs (though he did eventually end up with Glasgow Rangers) He never again got a good reception at the Bridge. Other than him I struggle to think of any ex player who gets a bad reception, then again we are not a selling club I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

You can't compare Cesc and Cech in relation to how their old fans feel about them. A lot of ex Arsenal players have gotten good receptions when coming back to Highbury/Emirates. Some players leave on bad terms whereas others don't. Happens at every club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Jose doing a great job of turning Chelsea into a much hated club again for the neutral, helped by Costa who is turning into the most despicable modern footballer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Not forgetting cesc went on strike to force his move.

Good job the internet was around in the 70's all the keyboard warriors heads would explode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

NIMAN wrote: »
    Jose doing a great job of turning Chelsea into a much hated club again for the neutral, helped by Costa who is turning into the most despicable modern footballer.

Siege mentality and everyone against us worked well enough for him last year. Fergie had it down to a tee.

So major plus points from yesterday . Hazard, fabregas and even Ivan got their mojo back . Zouma at the back was excellent and costa was Costa . Oscar worked his socks off , read the game really well and put in some great tackles

We played well but we were far from our best. Which is why it was important to get the 3 pts.

I cant see either of us winning the league but neither of us are out of the title race by a long shot.

A win yesterday means feck all if we dont win the next few hames and go undeafted. If we can plug away and rack up a few wins ill be happy and hopefully we can play our way into some form.

Seems to have been forgotten that until Gabriel lost the run of himself and later on when Santi was sent off for a badly mistimed tackle on Cesc after a callous earlier foul on Pedro we were by far the better team. For the first 15 minutes we were edgy from then we were comfortable and should have been 1-0 at least if Dean had given a penalty for the rugby tackle by Gabriel on Hazard but we seem only to get penalties in Europe. Strange how with all the talk of cheating the callous foul by Santi when Pedro was away is deemed acceptable. Taking one for the team it's called but it is still cheating double standards certainly at play here but I have come to expect that, by the way I have no issue with taking one for the team at all.

For sure Hazard and Cesc do seem to be playing themselves into form another pleasing aspect is despite our awful start to the season of that Arsenal team only perhaps Coquelin would make our starting 11 the rest are not good enough.

Still onto Walsall now would expect a good few changes but TSHO never disrespects a competition so will be a strong team I am sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

NIMAN wrote: »

I wish the nice neutrals liked us :(

I wish the nice neutrals liked us :(

Its good to be hated though for the right reasons.

We're hated because we're winners, among other things.

Some clubs are just hated even though theyre not succesful at all. Thats the category I dont want to be in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

I think it might be more the other things :)

symbolic wrote: »
    I think it might be more the other things :)

Problem is, the other things, like players of JT and Costas ability is theres no team in the league that wouldnt have them, same for Mourinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Arsenal fans should be thanking Costa, he's given them something to draw away from the fact that they played poorly and did nothing to deserve anything from the game. Sure, Costa could have been sent off but their two red cards were their own fault and we could have easily had a penalty in the first half.

If they had any sense they'd have a proper look at why they didn't show any fight or tactical nous to cause us any trouble at all. It's not like they've had the same problems for the last 10 years or anything...

hots wrote: »
    Arsenal fans should be thanking Costa, he's given them something to draw away from the fact that they played poorly and did nothing to deserve anything from the game. Sure, Costa could have been sent off but their two red cards were their own fault and we could have easily had a penalty in the first half.

If they had any sense they'd have a proper look at why they didn't show any fight or tactical nous to cause us any trouble at all. It's not like they've had the same problems for the last 10 years or anything...

First rule of winding up costa is not to be wound up yourselfl by Costa. :pac:

Skrtel managed it last year and hes one of the only cbs ive seen do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

First rule of winding up costa is not to be wound up yourselfl by Costa. :pac:

Skrtel managed it last year and hes one of the only cbs ive seen do it.

Skrtel actually did immensely well against him and really showed Costa's weaknesses in those games where he goes out to wind up a player, if you can keep Costa focused on d'cking around and focus on your own game you'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Problem is, the other things, like players of JT and Costas ability is theres no team in the league that wouldnt have them, same for Mourinho.

I just meant they are people who are disliked because of reasons other than winning.

Lots of winners are liked :) even highly respected.

I think we agree anyway.

• Advertisement

Its good to be hated though for the right reasons.

Some clubs are just hated even though theyre not succesful at all. Thats the category I dont want to be in.

Most of "the other things" is mainly mock outrage tending to jealously pure and simple. You have people posting given that Costa raised his hands to Gabriel (after Gabriel raised them to Costa a point which is conveniently ignored by the mock outraged classes) Gabriel should have head butted him. These are the same people who claimed more mock outrage when Matic reacted to Barnes challenge against Burnley last season.
    Costa is a WUM but no more and he and Gabriel have history but to claim retaliation to a WUM is fine whilst retaliating to a potentially career ending challenge deserves a ban is hipocritical.
    It will be interesting to see if Costa is charged by the FA how quick will it be brought before the beak and his ban handed down (as we never get the benefit of the doubt from the FA) will it be with indecent haste like last season. I bet not so as the cup match at Walsall won't count.

I love that we are hated by some as it shows we are successful and they are just jealous.

2 rivals dropping points this weekend, was very nearly a 3rd too but Utd held on.

Martial looks like a good prospect too for them.

Has costa been handed a life sentence yet?

Not yet but I think it is only a matter of time, unless of course the ref wants to mess with Wengers head and mention in his report that he saw it and thought that it was a natural action and further action was not necessary. That would be so funny.

It is not warranted but I fully expect him to get a 3 game ban the FA loving Chelsea as they do.

Not yet but I think it is only a matter of time, unless of course the ref wants to mess with Wengers head and mention in his report that he saw it and thought that it was a natural action and further action was not necessary. That would be so funny.

It is not warranted but I fully expect him to get a 3 game ban the FA loving Chelsea as they do.

Our next 3 games are newcastle southampton and villa. Id take that if he was banned TBH.

Remy and Falcao are capable, plus the best player in the league is back scoring again.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement