Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

That is the upside really Barcodes and Villa should be a gimme Saints will be difficult but we should be quite OK without Saint Deigo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

We should win both clubs are in terrible form.

Problem is both have had good results against us recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

It is not warranted but I fully expect him to get a 3 game ban the FA loving Chelsea as they do.
    How is it "not warranted"? It's pretty clear what happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

greendom wrote: »

I'd be willing to bet that's a selective translation anyway...

The thing about Saturday was it showed Kosclieny up to be a wuss.

Costa should have been sent off but it took his fellow CB to stand up to Costa for Kosclieny, Gabriel was right to stand up for him but he was the only one, while Kosclieny was "pole axed" by a Costa chest he got up and hid behind his team mates leaving them to fight his battles.

Thats not the CB I'd want really, theres ways to dealing with Costa, outplay him or out muscle him and give it back to him the way hes dishing it out.

Ive already pointed to Skrtel in the league cup having a good battle with Costa and they were both at it. Delaney done it too for Palace at the Bridge.

hots wrote: »
    I'd be willing to bet that's a selective translation anyway...

Absolutely, if English were Happy's first language it would be different but its better to blame other people than to accept you were not good / cute enough. Wenger has a long tarnished history of not respecting other people be it pushing managers or officials or kicking bottles of water in petulant displays.

End of the day Wenger is a has been relying on deflecting attention away from his own shortcomings, it will be a sad day if he gets Saint Diego banned for what is normal rough and tumble of football but I would not be surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

GavRedKing wrote: »

Thats not the CB I'd want really, theres ways to dealing with Costa, outplay him or out muscle him and give it back to him the way hes dishing it out.
    Or ignore him, which is what Koscielny did. What Gabriel did was stupid, I'd much rather the Koscielny way there.

Absolutely, if English were Happy's first language

I'd say it was the mirror doing their own translation of Bein's piece, from a quick google translate the literal french of cheat can be translated back to about 50 different phrases. Anything to spin a story...

The thing about Saturday was it showed Kosclieny up to be a wuss.

Costa should have been sent off but it took his fellow CB to stand up to Costa for Kosclieny, Gabriel was right to stand up for him but he was the only one, while Kosclieny was "pole axed" by a Costa chest he got up and hid behind his team mates leaving them to fight his battles.

Ive already pointed to Skrtel in the league cup having a good battle with Costa and they were both at it. Delaney done it too for Palace at the Bridge.

Or at least fall over and scream at the ref after being mauled and slapped in the face. Think Koscielny behaved with dignity there, something Costa might want to learn

• Advertisement

The interview was in English, suppose you might argue he didn't understand the true meaning of the word, but his English seems pretty decent to me.

Cheat in French is tricheur and its a pretty direct translation. I'm struggling to think what else he might have meant...

http://www.101greatgoals.com/top-stories/watch-kurt-zouma-call-diego-costa-a-cheat-after-chelsea-2-arsenal-0-video/

Interesting to know it was during the 2009 - 2010 season that Saint Diego last received a red card during a match, he really must be a filthy player to have such an abysmal record.

The interview was in English, suppose you might argue he didn't understand the true meaning of the word, but his English seems pretty decent to me.

Cheat in French is tricheur and its a pretty direct translation. I'm struggling to think what else he might have meant...

http://www.101greatgoals.com/top-stories/watch-kurt-zouma-call-diego-costa-a-cheat-after-chelsea-2-arsenal-0-video/

Depends upon how you want to look at it, you want to see the worst simple really,

None so deaf as those that will not hear. None so blind as those that will not see.

Or ignore him, which is what Koscielny did. What Gabriel did was stupid, I'd much rather the Koscielny way there.
    Or at least fall over and scream at the ref after being mauled and slapped in the face. Think Koscielny behaved with dignity there, something Costa might want to learn

Kosclieny did go down from a chest from Costa after the inital tangle, that in itself is a form of play acting to exaggerate the minimal contact that was involved.

Not trying to vindicate the following events between Gabriel and Costa, that was just stupid and pretty comical. I still dont know why or how Gabriel thought he'd get away with flicking a leg at Costa 2 yards from the ref with HT looming. At least wait until the refs back is turned. :pac:

Interesting to know it was during the 2009 - 2010 season that Saint Diego last received a red card during a match, he really must be a filthy player to have such an abysmal record.

He got away with way worse in Spain TBF. :pac:

I love the line thats trotted out all the time"dark arts".

It slike hes a mage or something.

Kosclieny did go down from a chest from Costa after the inital tangle, that in itself is a form of play acting to exaggerate the minimal contact that was involved.

Not trying to vindicate the following events between Gabriel and Costa, that was just stupid and pretty comical. I still dont know why or how Gabriel thought he'd get away with flicking a leg at Costa 2 yards from the ref with HT looming. At least wait until the refs back is turned. :pac:

ref didn't see it and lino would probably have done nothing if it hadn't been for Costa's hysterical (not funny) reaction

Depends upon how you want to look at it, you want to see the worst simple really,

None so deaf as those that will not hear. None so blind as those that will not see.

How should I see it then ? Interested in the case for the defence

Kos had loads of dignity when he threw Costa to the ground immediately before the hands in the face and when he went down like a sack of spuds when they went chest to chest...

Not that it warrants discussion but cheat seems to translate* to about 5 french verbs which all translate to words like deceive, fool, dupe, mislead, swindle, defraud etc.

Sure if Happy had said it in French I'd say there was more chance of Costa understanding it anyway :D

*translating expertise stretches as far as translate.google.com, happy to stand corrected by anyone with something more than google-able french.

• Advertisement

ref didn't see it and lino would probably have done nothing if it hadn't been for Costa's hysterical (not funny) reaction

Mike Dean's head is looking right at them in the replay I saw? He was about 3 feet away.

Mike Dean's head is looking right at them in the replay I saw? He was about 3 feet away.

why did he take so long to do anything. It was only after discussing with the lino that action was taken.

Kos had loads of dignity when he threw Costa to the ground immediately before the hands in the face and when he went down like a sack of spuds when they went chest to chest...

I saw the chest to chest but missed the throwing to the ground. Shame, I would have enjoyed that

I saw the chest to chest but missed the throwing to the ground. Shame, I would have enjoyed that

That seems a little hypocritical...

why did he take so long to do anything. It was only after discussing with the lino that action was taken.

I would imagine to confirm the action he should take? I'm sure his match report will reveal all.

That seems a little hypocritical...

yes no doubt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

It's like any gooner I've spoken too, they can all point the finger but fail to acknowledge any wrong doing by any arsenal player. I'm the first to admit Costa should have went but IMO Gabrielle's little kick out was designed to do exactly what Costa is being accused of and that's to get a reaction from Diego only it backfired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

All the talk is about Costa which is probably a relief to both teams as they both played terribly. Deserved win for Chelsea but both themselves and Arsenal need a serious kick up the backside. Their standard of play is dismal for supposed top four and title contenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Turtwig wrote: »
    All the talk is about Costa which is probably a relief to both teams as they both played terribly. Deserved win for Chelsea but both themselves and Arsenal need a serious kick up the backside. Their standard of play is dismal for supposed top four and title contenders.

Believe me, he Chelsea performance was miles better compared to the drivel they've been producing so far this season.
    Really enjoyed the first half hour, they took the foot off the gas in the second half, but finished well.
    I'd certainly take their performance and say 'huzzzah!

Turtwig wrote: »

I agree both teams were poor but while we were poor we were miles better than Arsenal.

Costa and Gabriels anticshave also glossed over 2 penalties, 1 clear cut, Arsenal were well in the game for the 1st 20mins and Sanchez looked lively all the time but after that and up to half time before the game swung massively in our favour, we were well on top.

It also very hard to excuse the defending of set piece, even if its 11 v 10, there should be no body free at the back post for a free header. I also think Giroud would have been a better option than Walcott, Jose would have dropped Terry or Cahill anyway in favour of Zoumas pace and power, because of it, Walcott hardly got a sniff and Arsenal didnt make enough of the ball stick at 1-0, it was only until giroud came on that Arsenal started to make headway into the Chelsea half.

Chelsea are also still playing catch up to there 3 main rivals and we're 3 pts down on Arsenal and 6 and 8pts off both Manchester teams, while its hardly something to shout about, at least its a small step in the right direction for now.

If we fail to beat Newcastle next weekend this weekends result will have meant nothing.

If we fail to beat Newcastle next weekend this weekends result will have meant nothing.

That's the key, in our next 5 games the only one we can afford to drop points in is Porto away where a draw would be fine. Win those 5 and we can start to dream again.

In fact winning all the way upto the City/Utd game at the end of October is what's needed to get them thinking about us as a threat really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Chelsea played better before the sending off. They were all over them in the first half. Game turned rough and tumble after that.

That's the key, in our next 5 games the only one we can afford to drop points in is Porto away where a draw would be fine. Win those 5 and we can start to dream again.

In fact winning all the way upto the City/Utd game at the end of October is what's needed to get them thinking about us as a threat really.

Oh ya, I said it we had to start winning league games and to go on a run of about 5 or 6 wins before we're in touching distance of any of the teams above us I feel.

City wont drop too many points, Utd are ticking over nicely too. Our next 5 league games are :

Newcastle (a)
    Southampton (h)
    Villa (a)
    West Ham (a)
    Pool (h)

If we can claim 12 pts from those games I'd be happy.

Theres probably no chance of a stream for the game on Wednesday but a comfortable no injury performance and on to Newcastle.

I think Chelsea were starting to find a bit of rhythm and were certainly finishing the half much stronger than Arsenal. I have little doubt we were going to go on and win the match as it stood but that of course is conjecture.

The only reason there is so much debate about this is because it concerns Chelsea, last weekend Naismith kicks out at Ivanovic and should have seen red before he goes on to score a hat trick against us. Where is the back lash to that? None its funny to most because it happen to Chelsea therefore fair game. Was TSHO calling for Naismiths head in his interview no he didn't actually mention it, no the press reaction is all about him saying f**ks sake when told he had to wait as the home manager was up first for the press conference - an understandable reaction to a bad match when the team were on the bus waiting to leave. Had that been Wenger he would have been looking for the book to be thrown at Naismith and extolling the only reason we lost was because he should not have been on the pitch to score the goals in the first place. Wenger is a has been Arsenal fans just need to accept that and move on.

Pretty much all of the noise is mock outrage and as I have said on many an occasion pure petty jealousy is the root of it. Be it plastic fans (a term I have never been able to understand as I am fairly certain I am flesh and bone and am certainly a fan of Chelsea), Romans alleged dubious past, classless team (again I have no real concept of where the class aspect comes from I am working class I suppose as I starve if I dont work what of it?), bought titles (like we are the only team ever to do that), racist you name it. Just pure jealousy no more and I just love it :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Theres probably no chance of a stream for the game on Wednesday but a comfortable no injury performance and on to Newcastle.

Yeah not much chance with Utd and the North-London derby on. Hopefully Traore, Kenedy, Remy, RLC and Rahmann all get 90 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Let's be honest here, he is a filthy player, he's just a clever filthy player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

He's basically the kind of player most people wish was on their team...

Oh ya, I said it we had to start winning league games and to go on a run of about 5 or 6 wins before we're in touching distance of any of the teams above us I feel.

City wont drop too many points, Utd are ticking over nicely too. Our next 5 league games are :

Newcastle (a)
    Southampton (h)
    Villa (a)
    West Ham (a)
    Pool (h)

If we can claim 12 pts from those games I'd be happy.

We really have been poor this season, there were some signs Wednesday last we were looking better but then you have to take into account who we were up against. Was a nice confidence booster though.

Saturday after an edgy start we looked comfortable and started to look a little like our old selfs. There was some nice one touch flowing football, partly I think because of Oscars return. Really there is no excuse for not winning the next 5 league games, if we play properly we win it is that simple. If we don't though Saints, Hammers and / or 'Pool could do a job on us.

TSHO is looking relaxed and the players seem in a better place but we will know by the end of October. If we have finally kicked into gear we can run it close though it is still very much City's to lose, I would take little notice of the City West Ham result it was just one of those days for City. They really should have won that going away bit like us against QPR a few seasons ago when they mugged us, it happens.

did you find this meaning of cheat in google translate..?

Zouma - "Sorry for any confusion, English is not my first language & I did not mean to accuse anyone of cheating. Simply to say Diego is a player who puts pressure on his opponents & who I have huge respect for. "

Now me who will only hear what I want to hear am hearing that the Chelsea PR machine has got a good hold of Kurt and his twitter account !

• Advertisement

Whilst I wouldn't go that far there is a common theme that Chelsea Utd and City (to a lesser extent) managers all get a lot more scrutiny than others; success breeding contempt. LVG had a very tough time with his formations, rotation and selection policy last year because of the expectation of him and Man U as a club, City had a bit more last year and Mancini too (although as much quieter personalities their managers avoid so many headlines). Mourinho speaks for himself...

Yet Arsene, despite being just as childish as petulant as the best of them, seems exempt despite consistently delivering the least out of all of them. I'm not sure why he avoids the same level of criticism than the others, is it just that the expectation of Arsenal is that much lower that when they inevitably fade away it's just par for the course?

Happy's retraction

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2015/09/chelsea-star-kurt-zouma-explains-comments-on-arsenal-villain-diego-costa/?

As Hots & I initially suggested English is not his first language, no doubt the jealous classes will ignore this though.

did you find this meaning of cheat in google translate..?

Zouma - "Sorry for any confusion, English is not my first language & I did not mean to accuse anyone of cheating. Simply to say Diego is a player who puts pressure on his opponents & who I have huge respect for. "

Now me who will only hear what I want to hear am hearing that the Chelsea PR machine has got a good hold of Kurt and his twitter account !

I did reply above; no doubt someone explained to him what he said meant to english speakers...

to save you the clicks cheat>French = tricher, tromper, frauder, escroquer and faire tromper (among others probably)... of those going back to English you gets definitions like deceive, delude, confuse, conceive, mislead, fool, dupe, beguile, hoodwink, fraud and of course cheat.

Ah the complexities of language.

Whilst I wouldn't go that far there is a common theme that Chelsea Utd and City (to a lesser extent) managers all get a lot more scrutiny than others; success breeding contempt. LVG had a very tough time with his formations, rotation and selection policy last year because of the expectation of him and Man U as a club, City had a bit more last year and Mancini too (although as much quieter personalities their managers avoid so many headlines). Mourinho speaks for himself...

Yet Arsene, despite being just as childish as petulant as the best of them, seems exempt despite consistently delivering the least out of all of them. I'm not sure why he avoids the same level of criticism than the others, is it just that the expectation of Arsenal is that much lower that when they inevitably fade away it's just par for the course?

My gut feeling is that is the crux of the matter

I did reply above; no doubt someone explained to him what he said meant to english speakers...

to save you the clicks cheat>French = tricher, tromper, frauder, escroquer and faire tromper (among others probably)... of those going back to English you gets definitions like deceive, delude, confuse, conceive, mislead, fool, dupe, beguile, hoodwink, fraud and of course cheat.

Ah the complexities of language.

fair enough - you didn't come across "put pressure on players and is a player I have huge respect for" as a possible translation though ?

I think he needs a better English teacher

fair enough - you didn't come across "put pressure on players and is a player I have huge respect for" as a possible translation though ?

I think he needs a better English teacher

Ha I think I'd need a better grasp of linguistics to spin that one... If that was our PR team they may focus a little less on spinning semantics and a little more on José and friends...

"When José said the physios were idiots what he actually meant was that they must have been confused by the sunlight in their eyes and they of course do an excellent job. In light of this excellent job they'll now be helping our developing talent recover from injuries in the U18s, because children are the future."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Costa has been charged

Following the game between Chelsea and Arsenal on Saturday [19 September 2015], The FA has taken the following disciplinary action.
    Diego Costa has been charged for an alleged act of violent conduct which was not seen by the match officials but caught on video. The Chelsea forward was involved in an incident with Arsenal’s Laurent Koscielny in the 43rd minute of the game. He has until 6pm tomorrow [Tuesday 22 September 2015] to reply.
    Off the ball incidents which are not seen at the time by the match officials are referred to a panel of three former elite referees. Each referee panel member will review the video footage independently of one another to determine whether they consider it a sending-off offence. For retrospective action to be taken, and an FA charge to follow, the decision by the panel must be unanimous.
    Arsenal defender Gabriel has been charged with improper conduct for his behaviour following his dismissal, whilst team-mate Santi Cazorla has been warned for his behaviour following his sending off.
    Finally, both clubs have been charged for failing to control their players under FA Rule E20.
    Both clubs and Gabriel have until 6pm on Thursday [24 September 2015] to reply.

Read more at http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/2015/sep/diego-costa-gabriel-arsenal-chelsea-charges-210915#741oCHDEmGuUGBIM.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

FFS. Left with Falcao and Remy now for probably 3 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

FFS. Left with Falcao and Remy now for probably 3 games

Be grand! I have full faith in Loic.
    Falcao not so much.
    Hon the Loic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

3 relatively easy games. I don't even how is violent conduct but whatever. Remy deserves a run anyways.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement