Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

To be expected, it's a shame the retrospective action isn't very consistent, I think it'd be a great tool if it was applied evenly.

As far as I know Falcao is still injured so that leaves us with Remy and probably Traore and Hazard as backups to him for Walsall (grand), Newcastle away (nice return to St. James' for Remy) and Southampton at home (disappointed I won't get to see the big man in person).

We were always going to have him miss games at some point either through yellow-card accumulation (although I think he was only on 1 before the weekend) or hamstrings so we need to deal with it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

If we just accept it (we all know any appeal is futile when Saint Diego is involved) does the ban start with immediate effect i.e. the Walsall match if so may as well suck it up and move on.

If we just accept it (we all know any appeal is futile when Saint Diego is involved) does the ban start with immediate effect i.e. the Walsall match if so may as well suck it up and move on.

Yeah if an appeal would take the Walsall game out of consideration it's completely pointless. TBH I wouldn't appeal it anyway, there's enough there to "convict" or whatever the term is and the ref didn't see it, the FA give a 3 match ban there every time (to big players and incidents in the media spotlight).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

No point appealing, he deserves a ban, it's just the consistency in the FA that is a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Nah, the FA this time didnt bother their holes to fast track it o the hearing isnt until Thursday.

Last time Costa was charged it was fast tracked so he missed crucial games including City at the Bridge.

Be intersting to see what ban is applied, I'm assuming 3 for the arms around his facial area, I hope other such incidents are vilified and rightfully banned on the back of such a malicious attack.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    No point appealing, he deserves a ban, it's just the consistency in the FA that is a joke.

Its a tough one to judge, happens all the time in the box where arms are going everywhere.

I just hope in future action is taken against other players, we'll see bans handed down every week if thats the case.

I wonder why Wenger wasn't charged when he pushed TSHO, had it been the other way around we know the outcome of course.

Still we won on Saturday and we have plenty of cover.

I wonder why Wenger wasn't charged when he pushed TSHO, had it been the other way around we know the outcome of course.

They make up the rules as they go along really.

If Falcao is fit I'd play him and keep Remy for the league.

I want to see some radical changes anyway

Blackman
    Ivan Papy JT Rahman
    Mikel Ramires
    Traore RLC Kenedy
    Falcao

Keep the rest ready for Newcastle on Saturday.

Sure why wasn't Sanchez for lashing out at Ivanovic last year? He looks at him and has a swing at him, far more deliberate

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Why was Gabriel allowed to play the match after he actually committed violent conduct last week by elbowing Arnotovic?

Costa will get 3 matches for touching someone's face, which happens week in week out. The FA are a shower of hypocrites.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    They make up the rules as they go along really.

If Falcao is fit I'd play him and keep Remy for the league.

I want to see some radical changes anyway

Blackman
    Ivan Papy JT Rahman
    Mikel Ramires
    Traore RLC Kenedy
    Falcao

Keep the rest ready for Newcastle on Saturday.

I think I'd rather Remy Zouma and Begovic keep playing just to keep some momentum up and just roll the dice with injuries, if we had 5 wins on the bounce fair enough but those guys are still getting into their stride I think... agree pretty much everywhere apart from that although any excuse to have Dave showing off at RB should be taken too imo.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Why was Gabriel allowed to play the match after he actually committed violent conduct last week by elbowing Arnotovic?

Costa will get 3 matches for touching someone's face, which happens week in week out. The FA are a shower of hypocrites.

Hopefully the ban can have a positive effect on the players though and they rally around Costa.

Always good to get a seige mentality up and what better way to do it.

Lukker- wrote: »

For some reason media hype = FA attention and Chelsea are the villains of the league at the moment. As long as they are inconsistent and we're in the papers we'll be over-punished.

Also, we had Naismith on the pitch about 2mins against us and he kicked Ivanovic in the bo**ocks as the ball was rolling out, no retrospective action and nothing made of it in the media.

Also, we had Naismith on the pitch about 2mins against us and he kicked Ivanovic in the bo**ocks as the ball was rolling out, no retrospective action and nothing made of it in the media.

Blatant as you like.

Also for all of Gabriel's whinging and moaning he's not averse to a bit of play acting himself:

Costa 'elbows' him and Gabriel is incapacitated.

BEIN Sports 12HD has the game on Wednesday night, now how you go about getting it is your own business :pac:

Yea mentioned that earlier but TSHO took it like a man and didn't use it as an excuse unlike some under achieving managers. But what was in the press after the Everton game that TSHO said f**ks sake when told he had to wait for the home managers press conference to end.

Had that been Costa on Baines WW III would have broke out, had it been on an Arsenal player Wenger would still be crying now.

FA web site says Costa has until Tuesday to reply The clubs and Gabriel Thursday, so with a bit of luck Walsall will be included in his 3 match ban.

On a bad note Atkinson ref against Newcastle can't stand him loves nothing more than sending off Chelsea players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Don't understand all the bickering about Costa getting banned. He deserved it. If that was an Arsenal player acting like that I would of agreed with the FA to ban our player, but thankfully we have a classier bunch of lads at the Emirates.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Had that been Costa on Baines WW III would have broke out, had it been on an Arsenal player Wenger would still be crying now.

I think Wenger is partial to some in group bias, unlike me and you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

interesting
    Zouma, who opened the scoring in the second half, said: "No, we're not surprised because we know Diego. Everyone knows Diego and this guy likes to cheat a lot and put the opponent out of his game.

"That happened in the game but he's a really nice guy. We're proud to have him, like the other players, and we're happy to win this game today."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

interesting

Taken from Zouma's twitter
    Sorry for any confusion, English is not my first language & I did not mean to accuse anyone of cheating. Simply to say ....
    ....Diego is a player who puts pressure on his opponents & who I have huge respect for.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Don't understand all the bickering about Costa getting banned. He deserved it. If that was an Arsenal player acting like that I would of agreed with the FA to ban our player, but thankfully we have a classier bunch of lads at the Emirates.

Suggest you look at post 9310 then take your head out of the sand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

redman85 wrote: »
    Taken from Zouma's twitter

Nothing wrong with what Zouma said. May as well cut the PR stuff and call it cheating.

Whether you think it's acceptable or not is another matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

gosplan wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with what Zouma said. May as well cut the PR stuff and call it cheating.

Whether you think it's acceptable or not is another matter.

It comes from the top unfortunately. Jose saying Costa was there man of the match Saturday says it all really. Classless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

You gooners really are a bunch of sore losers! You should be grateful to Costa for giving you's a smokescreen to cover up the fact that you were clearly second best for most of the first half by a seriously under par Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

The butt hurt is still quite strong in certain corners of the Internet...
    Cringe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

peteeeed wrote: »

Has Wenger accused him of eating the baby yet? Looks a right miserable son of a b does he not ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Panthro wrote: »
    The butt hurt is still quite strong in certain corners of the Internet...
    Cringe!

Yeah, I mean next we'll be sending death threats to Dean or something.

Joking. Joking.

Seriously though. We were under par but that was probably our most comfortable half at SB while Jose was in charge.

It's not like the standard stuff where we're going to lose or were losing anyway. We know we're not in great form but we don't need a 'smokescreen' to disguise the fact that we're at nil all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Think the whole Premier league looks decidedly average, don't think Arsenal or Chelsea will be that far off the pace come the end of the season.

European teams certainly won't be quaking in their boots at thoughts of facing an English team anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

kev1.3s wrote: »
    You gooners really are a bunch of sore losers! You should be grateful to Costa for giving you's a smokescreen to cover up the fact that you were clearly second best for most of the first half by a seriously under par Chelsea.

Things might have evened up a bit if Costa had been dealt with straight away by Dean.

The return fixture should be full of lols and rofls if Costa isnt banned/injured. Penciled in at the moment for January 23rd.

• Advertisement

Gringo180 wrote: »

I don't think there's much discussion about getting a ban in here? Just hoping to get it over and done with... As for the classy lads at the emirates I'm sure you were all just as up in arms and calling for bans and shouting "SCUM" when Sanchez actually punched Ivanovic last year?

There was an odd influx of sore fans overnight wasn't there?

hots wrote: »
    I don't think there's much discussion about getting a ban in here? Just hoping to get it over and done with... As for the classy lads at the emirates I'm sure you were all just as up in arms and calling for bans and shouting "SCUM" when Sanchez actually punched Ivanovic last year?

There was an odd influx of sore fans overnight wasn't there?

Ah we're all hypocrites when it suits our agendas. We had our day on Saturday, could easily be the other way around next time.

I just hope we push on now and notch up a few wins, keep some form going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

That press conference with Jose about Costa was absolute Gold!!!

badMINGton!!!!

:D:D:D

That press conference with Jose about Costa was absolute Gold!!!

badMINGton!!!!

:D:D:D

don't see any details online

don't see any details online

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34319410

watch the video ... :D:D

hes the best !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

gosplan wrote: »
    Yeah, I mean next we'll be sending death threats to Dean or something.

Joking. Joking.

Seriously though. We were under par but that was probably our most comfortable half at SB while Jose was in charge.

It's not like the standard stuff where we're going to lose or were losing anyway. We know we're not in great form but we don't need a 'smokescreen' to disguise the fact that we're at nil all.

One wonders how you manage to 'lower' yourself into actively trying to engage and converse with the locals of a Superthread such as this.
    Don't bother.

Mostly in their thread they advocate racism, eye-gouging, faking injury, trying to get opponents sent off. This is the correct approach to football. A few of them make stuff up to create more of a culture of 'everyone against us'.

But any criticism is bias, anti-Chelsea, anti-Mourinho etc. 'We're victims, it's a conspiracy, everyone's against us'. You ask a question and you get rounded on because being a Chelsea supporter is so often about defending the indefensible and shifting the blame. You got assaulted at a match - your fault for not reporting it.

The truth is many Chelsea fans would much prefer a Costa to an Ageuro because it suits their narrative so well. They need to be hated.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97082106&postcount=7206

A remarkable turn around.

Panthro wrote: »
    One wonders how you manage to 'lower' yourself into actively trying to engage and converse with the locals of a Superthread such as this.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97082106&postcount=7206

A remarkable turn around.

To paraphrase the late David Coleman "quite remarkable".

Absolutely remarkable indeed to suggest things are made up and then suggest that we advocate racism. Being economic with the truth is one thing a barefaced lie is something else, though I would never accuse anyone of that as I was too well brought up.
    I would personally never advocate racism or discrimination of any manner, something I would suggest the regular Chelsea supporters on this forum would adhere to also. In fact I would take issue with any discrimination and report it.
    To suggest otherwise is insulting and to be honest downright rude, but not everyone was brought up as well as me obviously.

Do we reckon new signing Papy D will get a start tomorrow night or does JT and Zouma start?

Maybe even Aina?

Do we reckon new signing Papy D will get a start tomorrow night or does JT and Zouma start?

Maybe even Aina?

I'm not even sure Papy is a real person... probably just a tax dodge for Roman or something :D

Pisstake ??

Sadly not even got 8 thanks I see

Maybe even Aina?

I had forgotten all about Papy had to check the Chelsea web site - assume he will play beside JT

I was hoping Remy would play but he'll probably get the league games that Costa will be banned for.

Good stuff;

Begovic---
    Azpi/Aina---Zouma---JT----Rahmann
    ----Ramires/RLC
    Mikel----
    Traore
    Oscar
    Nathan
    Falcao

Would most likely be a rough and disjointed performance but would give the ones that need it minutes I think.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement