Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

hots wrote: »
    Good stuff;

Begovic---
    Azpi/Aina---Zouma---JT----Rahmann
    ----Ramires/RLC
    Mikel----
    Traore
    Oscar
    Nathan
    Falcao

Would most likely be a rough and disjointed performance but would give the ones that need it minutes I think.

Nathan would have some job being released by Vitesse to play on Wednesday :pac:

I assume you mean Kenedy? :P

• Is Costa going to appeal?

Surely not??

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Is Costa going to appeal?

Surely not??

Pretty pointless really, when a panel decides it should have been a red card you're basically pi**ing into the wind.

Take it on the chin and be happy our next 3 league games dont include a direct rival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Ah bugger .. next league game away to Newcastle .... :(

If ever there was a time for Jose to get his 1st 3 pts there

Ah bugger .. next league game away to Newcastle .... :(

If ever there was a time for Jose to get his 1st 3 pts there

Thing is, last time they were on a poor run when they beat us, they had Pardew then and I dont think McLaren has enough about him to get one over Jose, hopefully not.

Newcastle have only scored 3 goals and left in 9, still a better defensive record than us though.

Saturday is a relegation 6 pointer for us so hopefully another win will pull us towards safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Is Costa going to appeal?

Surely not??

Why would he do that they more or less have them guilty when they charge them, daft if he does.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Thing is, last time they were on a poor run when they beat us, they had Pardew then and I dont think McLaren has enough about him to get one over Jose, hopefully not.

Newcastle have only scored 3 goals and left in 9, still a better defensive record than us though.

Saturday is a relegation 6 pointer for us so hopefully another win will pull us towards safety.
    :D

Relegation !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Nathan would have some job being released by Vitesse to play on Wednesday :pac:

I assume you mean Kenedy? :P

Ah they're all the same :o

• Why would he do that they more or less have them guilty when they charge them, daft if he does.

The fact Jose is in charge at Chelsea so it wouldn't shock me all that much if he orchestrated a challenge against the FA

IMO

• Advertisement

:D

Relegation !!

REsults go against us and we could be 17th before we play Southampton and Villa the week after Southampton, these 3 games are key to our survival.
    Ah they're all the same :o

Thats racist.

Typical of a Chelsea fan :pac:

The fact Jose is in charge at Chelsea so it wouldn't shock me all that much if he orchestrated a challenge against the FA

IMO

It would be pointless, Costa wont get more than a 3 game ban for his antics so might as well take it on the chin instead of risking them adding another game to the tally which would put him out of West Ham away.

REsults go against us and we could be 17th before we play Southampton and Villa the week after Southampton, these 3 games are key to our survival.

No matter how bad this season goes, at the end of next May, it would be impossible for this team to be anywhere near a relegated position.

IMO

I guess it may depend upon the Walsall game, if that is included if they do not appeal then I would be really surprised if they do. If it is not then they don't really have too much to lose and he does like nothing more than rubbing them up so we might well appeal. Either way it will make no difference he will be banged to rights.

I guess it may depend upon the Walsall game, if that is included if they do not appeal then I would be really surprised if they do. If it is not then they don't really have too much to lose and he does like nothing more than rubbing them up so we might well appeal. Either way it will make no difference he will be banged to rights.

Costa has until today at 6pm to reply to his charge.

From the FA website : http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/2015/sep/diego-costa-gabriel-arsenal-chelsea-charges-210915
    He has until 6pm tomorrow [Tuesday 22 September 2015] to reply.

So, assuming we dont appeal it, he'll be banned tonight effective straight away and the 3 match ban will see him miss Walsall, Newcastle and Sputhampton.

Costa has until today at 6pm to reply to his charge.

From the FA website : http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/2015/sep/diego-costa-gabriel-arsenal-chelsea-charges-210915

So, assuming we dont appeal it, he'll be banned tonight effective straight away and the 3 match ban will see him miss Walsall, Newcastle and Sputhampton.

Yea that was my reading of it so he will get 3 matches missing the above as you say but of course can keep sharp with the Porto game. If that reading is corrext there is nothing to gain by appealing.

I hope that Gabriel guy gets an extra game or two thrown on top no place for disrespecting official's like that in sport. FA should come down hard on that as they do in rugby.

• Advertisement

Looks as though Gabriel's red card has been rescinded...

Looks as though Gabriel's red card has been rescinded...

Really? For kicking someone? :pac:

Brilliant.

Brilliant.

It was off the ball so there's no argument against it is there? No idea what the logic applied there is.

Also does that mean they are actually overruling a ref's decision now too?

Yup, theyve decided to rescind Gabriels card, you couldnt make it up.

Guy kicks a player and it gets rescinded.

Thats going to add some fuel to Joses press conference on Friday.

Excellent so now you can kick players and show abuse to the referee and its OK ... so long as you are playing Chelsea I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Shocking decision. Perfectly ok to retaliate as long as you're provoked now.

It was off the ball so there's no argument against it is there? No idea what the logic applied there is.

Idiocy, is all I can think of.

Last year Costa was banned on the back of a stamp on Can, even though nearly every angle should him not planting his leg and looking at the ball.

Their consistency is an absolute farce, they only consistency in the FA and their bans is inconsistency.

:pac:

Excellent so now you can kick players and show abuse to the referee and its OK ... so long as you are playing Chelsea I guess.

In fairness from my reading that bit is still up for discussion. I assume all players are now allowed to mule kick (lightly) other players off the ball, in front of the ref...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

I don't think the abuse the referee charge is over with yet. Just the red card. Strange though.

CSF wrote: »

It does set a dangerous precedent. Be interesting to see what happens with the next case as they seem to be applying and judging these incidents on a case by case basis.

CSF wrote: »

Its very hard to square that with Matic last season really.

Last year Costa was banned on the back of a stamp on Can, even though nearly every angle should him not planting his leg and looking at the ball.

Their consistency is an absolute farce, they only consistency in the FA and their bans is inconsistency.

Mental. In fairness that Can one had arguments either way but I thought, whilst doing no harm, Gabriel's was as blatant as you like. I hope they release a statement on it.

In fairness from my reading that bit is still up for discussion. I assume all players are now allowed to mule kick (lightly) other players off the ball, in front of the ref...

If a Chelsea player does it I'm expecting a public hanging in front of Tower Bridge actually.
    symbolic wrote: »
    I don't think the abuse the referee charge is over with yet. Just the red card. Strange though.

Not leaving the pitch, he'll probably get a 1 game ban, the straight red was the main one for kicking out.

ERa, I'm not surprised by anything the FA does anymore really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Brilliant.

Chelsea still benefitted on the day - I take it the match won't be replayed ?

Pushing after nearly losing your leg=bad; Kicking after taking offense to a mouthy dick (our dick nonetheless) = A-OK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

I dunno Costa gets away with most weekends!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Paleface

Are you talking about this Can stamp? Its plain as day that it was deliberate to me!

Oh ya, remember that brilliant red card, guy nearly gets his leg broken and pushes a guy over and gets sent off.

By that assumption, Kosclieny he should have been sent off for pushing Costa to the floor. :pac:

The FA, great bunch of lads.

greendom wrote: »
    Chelsea still benefitted on the day - I take it the match won't be replayed ?

Come on now, you know that will never happen :pac:
    DeclanRe wrote: »
    I dunno Costa gets away with most weekends!

I'd like to be shown where Costa kicks people most weekends.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

perhaps if the FA really do hate Chelsea that much - what are the odds on Costa getting a 5 match ban ;)

We're only guessing anyway at the moment. Wait until the fa publish the report on gabriels rescended card.

Also if the FA are coming out and saying Mike Dean got it wrong (and he did have a shocker all game and is consistently rubbish) then surely he has to face some sort of reprimand or some time on the B class games? No point completely contradicting him and then let him go out and keep making the same mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

I'd like to be shown where Costa kicks people most weekends.......

Apologies - Its not just kicking, you have head contact and have fingers in eyes, arms around the throat and all that general stuff

My personal top 5 would have to be

1 - Pablo Zabaleta gets two hands around his throat - Chelsea V Man City
    2. Stamp on Skrtel, Leading to Costa ban - Chelsea V Liverpool
    3. The attempted headbutt on David Luiz - PSG v Chelsea
    4. His hands all over Koscielnys face last weekend - Arsenal V Chelsea
    5. Attempted headbutt against Tim Howard - Everton V Chelsea

I can easily throw out 5 more. And even more if we count his spell in Madrid too

Im not trying to start an argument here, apologies for coming into ye'r thread with that. I'll leave now :)

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Apologies - Its not just kicking, you have head contact and have fingers in eyes, arms around the throat and all that general stuff

My personal top 5 would have to be

1 - Pablo Zabaleta gets two hands around his throat - Chelsea V Man City
    2. Stamp on Skrtel, Leading to Costa ban - Chelsea V Liverpool
    3. The attempted headbutt on David Luiz - PSG v Chelsea
    4. His hands all over Koscielnys face last weekend - Arsenal V Chelsea
    5. Attempted headbutt against Tim Howard - Everton V Chelsea

I can easily throw out 5 more. And even more if we count his spell in Madrid too

Im not trying to start an argument here, apologies for coming into ye'r thread with that. I'll leave now :)

Sure go on...

• Advertisement

Also if the FA are coming out and saying Mike Dean got it wrong (and he did have a shocker all game and is consistently rubbish) then surely he has to face some sort of reprimand or some time on the B class games? No point completely contradicting him and then let him go out and keep making the same mistakes.

I dont think he got it wrong at all. Nobody seen costa and kosclieny so cant fault him for that.

He correctly sent off gabriel.

He did miss 1 clear penalty though.

Edit: he is also pretty useless as ref in general though so id be annoyed if i was an Arsenal fan as his tecord with them is shocking.

I dont think he got it wrong at all. Nobody seen costa and kosclieny so cant fault him for that.

Edit: he is also pretty useless as ref in general though so id be annoyed if i was an Arsenal fan as his tecord with them is shocking.

I meant the FA are now saying he got it wrong... As in saying his judgement of the Gabriel kick is now wrong (not the Kos/Costa as like ya said that went unseen).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Fûck it I'll just have to take comfort in the three points.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Fûck it I'll just have to take comfort in the three points.

mourinho-jose_chin356.jpg

Absolutely, the sooner Costa gets the ban the better. Hopefully with this behind us and the Eva issue moving out of the club and into the courts we /might/ be able to focus on some football :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Eva has left the club think considering legal options

Eva was asked to come back and has left under her own accord.

Legal action is likely to follow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Panthro wrote: »
    One wonders how you manage to 'lower' yourself into actively trying to engage and converse with the locals of a Superthread such as this.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97082106&postcount=7206

A remarkable turn around.

Apologies. Wrong to say you advocate racism.

As for the rest, I said mostly.

I'm here to put across a perspective that may shed some light on things for you. Engaging this thread in any discussion beyond the party line is pointless.

Also completely wrong to rescind Gabriel red. He kicked out at someone off the ball so he should go, regardless.

So Fergie has written what we all knew.

Jose never wanted the Utd job nor did he sit at home crying.

Fergie : ‘It became apparent that Jose Mourinho had given his word to Roman Abramovich that he would return to Chelsea and that Carlo Ancelotti would succeed him at Real Madrid'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,660 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Kick: "to strike or propel forcibly with the foot."

http://arsenalist.com/f/2015-16/chelsea-vs-arsenal/gif-from-espn-brazil-s-coverage-showing-gabriel-s-kick.html

Yeah, it wasn't a kick and he didn't touch him.

We've a 54% win rate since 2009.

In the 30 games Dean has reffed in that time, it's 24%.

Even if you take games against the traditional top 6 out, it's 40%.

Conspiracy?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement