Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I dont think he got it wrong at all. Nobody seen costa and kosclieny so cant fault him for that.

He correctly sent off gabriel.

He did miss 1 clear penalty though.

Edit: he is also pretty useless as ref in general though so id be annoyed if i was an Arsenal fan as his tecord with them is shocking.

Which was the clear pen? Fabregas and Gabriel?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

greendom wrote: »
    Which was the clear pen? Fabregas and Gabriel?

Hazard and Gabriel

Lukker- wrote: »
    Hazard and Gabriel

Fair enough - on the other hand the free kick that led to the first goal wasn't one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Fair enough - on the other hand the free kick that led to the first goal wasn't one

According to Howard Webb on BT it was but guess he has an anti Arsenal agenda as well.

gosplan wrote: »
    Apologies. Wrong to say you advocate racism.

As for the rest, I said mostly.

I'm here to put across a perspective that may shed some light on things for you. Engaging this thread in any discussion beyond the party line is pointless.

You are very selective in your bias. A person alledged assault at a match which is heavily policed with an even higher steward presence. Does not report it and then complains nothing is done.

Do you see any logic at all in your post? you see what you want and so long as it is anti Chelsea it is fine regardless of the foundation. To accuse us of advocating racism is a disgusting thing to do, the fact that you thought of it and committed it to print tells me all I need to know.

So kicking is fine but Costa gets a 3 match ban

http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/2015/sep/diego-costa-suspended-for-three-games?

Sweet FA indeed, at least it is with immediate effect so we should not really miss him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

A big meh, theres an agenda somewhere and its probably because of Jose and not Chelsea per se.

Missig walsall newcastle and southampton anyway so not overly bothered, at least theure not"big games".

But winding up Wenger and the Gooners, priceless. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

A big meh, theres an agenda somewhere and its probably because of Jose and not Chelsea per se.

Missig walsall newcastle and southampton anyway so not overly bothered, at least theure not"big games".

Better to get the decisions during the game then after I guess.

I suppose that will be the highlight of Wengers season God knows when the two major trophies are handed out he will be on a beach somewhere - same as always.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

You are very selective in your bias. A person alledged assault at a match which is heavily policed with an even higher steward presence. Does not report it and then complains nothing is done.

Do you see any logic at all in your post? you see what you want and so long as it is anti Chelsea it is fine regardless of the foundation. To accuse us of advocating racism is a disgusting thing to do, the fact that you thought of it and committed it to print tells me all I need to know.

There's only one bias at work here.

There's only one bias at work here.

That is your opinion and it is wrong. But your opinion is also I am a racist and a liar and I know for certain that is wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

tumblr_nv3awlZrcw1r8tl4so1_1280.jpg

That is your opinion and it is wrong. But your opinion is also I am a racist and a liar and I know for certain that is wrong.

Racist no. Admission of wrong on my part there.

Yeah. To be honest grumpy, experience has taught me not to bother. I don't really hold much stock in your opinions.

Let's just leave it there so we don't derail the thread.

Racist no. Admission of wrong on my part there.

Yeah. To be honest grumpy, experience has taught me not to bother. I don't really hold much stock in your opinions.

Let's just leave it there so we don't derail the thread.

Experience has thought you not to bother that so? Wonder why you do then?

So nice that you hold some stock in my opinions as I hold absolutely none in yours. Any how's bored now so TTFN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

So kicking is fine but Costa gets a 3 match ban

http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/2015/sep/diego-costa-suspended-for-three-games?

Sweet FA indeed, at least it is with immediate effect so we should not really miss him.

That's a fair point.

However, from a CFC perspective the loss of Diego, and his sustained poor discipline, is a cause for concern. Regardless of other injustices, Costa's raising his arm as he did was gratuitous and needed to be punished. He's got a nasty streak that I think will ultimately militate against him at a really crucial moment.

Not a good day overall with Carneiro seemingly finally walking.

McDave wrote: »
    That's a fair point.

However, from a CFC perspective the loss of Diego, and his sustained poor discipline, is a cause for concern. Regardless of other injustices, Costa's raising his arm as he did was gratuitous and needed to be punished. He's got a nasty streak that I think will ultimately militate against him at a really crucial moment.

Agree wholeheartedly with this.

As an Arsenal fan, I didn't expect to win and gladly would have taken the draw before.

However, there's a major point that Chelsea were lucky not to be 10 v 11 for the majority of the match. This is regardless of penalty decisions and things that happened at other times in other matches.

I do think Costa knows what he's doing but given previous, I think the FA will let him away with wry little from now so he needs to be more careful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Agree wholeheartedly with this.

As an Arsenal fan, I didn't expect to win and gladly would have taken the draw before.

However, there's a major point that Chelsea were lucky not to be 10 v 11 for the majority of the match. This is regardless of penalty decisions and things that happened at other times in other matches.

I do think Costa knows what he's doing but given previous, I think the FA will let him away with wry little from now so he needs to be more careful.
    CFC fans will remember Costa deliberately standing on Terry's foot. Nasty and deliberate.

At some point, someone will decide Diego needs to be taken down a peg or two. Let's hope it's not a Suarez-type scenario.

Club has said they wont comment on the punishment until the see the report.

• Advertisement

McDave wrote: »
    That's a fair point.

Hard to know what to make about the Eva issue. I think TSHO had a point that she and Joe were nieve but he really should not have been so public in his criticism of them.

It has been alledged that there was friction between them for some time this may or may not be the case but it is difficult to see a positive way out for anyone here. I am sure Eva is good at her job, to hold such a position at Chelsea for so long she simply has to be. If she was made an error (and remember Hazard was not injured just winded after a "resolute" challenge toward the end of the first game of the season and was up and back in no time) TSHO would be better off admitting that every one makes them as he did in going public, apologise and move on.

Think this will end up in court though, which is a shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

It's better off going to court tbh, she was never going to be able to come back without a load of stress for herself and the club. Constructive dismissal is bollocks but she deserves to be paid off handsomely as she'll never be seen in the same light again.

Hopefully the next we hear is a footnote of her moving onto whatever she wants with enough money not to worry about anything...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Hard to know what to make about the Eva issue. I think TSHO had a point that she and Joe were nieve but he really should not have been so public in his criticism of them.
    No, he doesn't have a point. They're doctors, not football managers. Their one and ONLY role is to help injured players. If a player is down on the pitch and isn't injured, that's on him, not the medical staff. Doctors associations all over the country supported the two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

personally couldnt care less about the doctor thing. I care about the team doing well, not about non-stories about team doctors. The media love this sh*t, how anyone else cares baffles me.

Doctors also supported his stance but that does not fit your argument so best ignore that what? regardless of what anyone's personal view of him is he is a very experienced manager who has seen far more than us and pretty much all of his detractors from the closeness of the sideline. Do you honestly think he is so stupid to have learnt nothing he studied sports science at college and thought physical education. Even leaving that aside why would he want to risk the well being of the best player in the league not alone the best player in his side.
    As an intelligent and experienced man given the circumstance of the match they were nieve and in that aspect he was right but his reaction was wrong.

Again the FACT is Hazard was not injured he left the field of play and returned as soon as he was allowed to by the match referee. Why ignore the FACT that he was right? It was the 90th minute of the first match of the season played in hot conditions at the Bridge he was tired a little winded and no more.

I do not believe for a second TSHO would risk the well being of his players, his education and experience strongly suggests this to be the case. Why people are so willing to believe that he would deliberately put one of his players at risk is beyond me really.

I wish Eva well in her future endeavours, shes clearly a well capable individual and thats why she had such a role at Chelsea.

She was asked to come back and she has choosen not to. Maybe theres more to the story than the Hazard incident nobody knows.

6 years at Chelsea though should see her walk into a good position no matter where she goes.

Now, onto more pressing and serious matters, how many goals will we win by tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Doctors also supported his stance but that does not fit your argument so best ignore that what? regardless of what anyone's personal view of him is he is a very experienced manager who has seen far more than us and pretty much all of his detractors from the closeness of the sideline. Do you honestly think he is so stupid to have learnt nothing he studied sports science at college and thought physical education. Even leaving that aside why would he want to risk the well being of the best player in the league not alone the best player in his side.
    As an intelligent and experienced man given the circumstance of the match they were nieve and in that aspect he was right but his reaction was wrong.

Again the FACT is Hazard was not injured he left the field of play and returned as soon as he was allowed to by the match referee. Why ignore the FACT that he was right? It was the 90th minute of the first match of the season played in hot conditions at the Bridge he was tired a little winded and no more.

I do not believe for a second TSHO would risk the well being of his players, his education and experience strongly suggests this to be the case. Why people are so willing to believe that he would deliberately put one of his players at risk is beyond me really.

I don't think you read much of my post. I'm not saying Mourinho was putting his player at risk, or that Hazard was actually injured. I'm saying that as medical staff, the fact that Chelsea weren't winning the match should be of NO importance to them. Their duty is to care for players, not to win football games.

And you're missing one important bit - Michael Oliver clearly beckons to the medical staff to come on the pitch. Are they supposed to ignore that because there's a match to be won?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Jose is very much a win at all costs mentality - player welfare, whatever you want to insert here, comes second. He even instils that into his players.. This latest "the FA is against Chelsea" will be used as another seed to say everyone is against us. If I were a Chelsea fan I'd be worried though. Jose and the team are for whatever reason not performing at the moment. It's almost October and so far the same issues that were plaguing ye in preseason show no sign of progress, on the competitive pitch at least. Jose may be keeping his cards in the deck to go on a strong run at the latter half of the season. I dunno though the omens right now are not good. Arsenal, as always, played right into Chelsea's hands. Few other teams will do that. Still, it's obvious his intentions in pre season were a restructuring in the way ye play. Sometimes that transition can be painful. Should the malaise be continuing come November then it's time to really start worrying.

I disagree with Gary Neville, Diego's not a first time offender, or for that matter a second, or third, he's got to either toe the line or be given tougher sanctions. Chelsea knew the player had disciplinary issues before they signed him. They also knew the risks. Personally, even still if Diego manages to rediscover his form of last season it'll have been worth it. Sanctions aside he's done nothing for ye since about February? His sole contribution this season to ye has been being a dick to other players. Instead of sticking by their player the club should appreciate the opportunity to give him the kick up the arse he needs.

Gabriel's red card has been rescinded, but crucially his charge of improper conduct is still in play. I think given what happened on Saturday that's the fairest way to go. An analogy would be incorrectly charging a criminal with the wrong offence, releasing them of that charge but still keeping the previous charges active.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Turtwig wrote: »
    Jose is very much a win at all costs mentality - player welfare, whatever you want to insert here, comes second. He even instils that into his players.. This latest "the FA is against Chelsea" will be used as another seed to say everyone is against us. If I were a Chelsea fan I'd be worried though. Jose and the team are for whatever reason not performing at the moment. It's almost October and so far the same issues that were plaguing ye in preseason show no sign of progress, on the competitive pitch at least. Jose may be keeping his cards in the deck to go on a strong run at the latter half of the season. I dunno though the omens right now are not good. Arsenal, as always, played right into Chelsea's hands. Few other teams will do that. Still, it's obvious his intentions in pre season were a restructuring in the way ye play. Sometimes that transition can be painful. Should the malaise be continuing come November then it's time to really start worrying.

I disagree with Gary Neville, Diego's not a first time offender, or for that matter a second, or third, he's got to either toe the line or be given tougher sanctions. Chelsea knew the player had disciplinary issues before they signed him. They also knew the risks. Personally, even still if Diego manages to rediscover his form of last season it'll have been worth it. Sanctions aside he's done nothing for ye since about February? His sole contribution this season to ye has been being a dick to other players. Instead of sticking by their player the club should appreciate the opportunity to give him the kick up the arse he needs.

Gabriel's red card has been rescinded, but crucially his charge of improper conduct is still in play. I think given what happened on Saturday that's the fairest way to go. An analogy would be incorrectly charging a criminal with the wrong offence, releasing them of that charge but still keeping the previous charges active.

Why should we be worried? I was worried 2 weeks ago. 2 games and we've improved in both. All over the park. We were severely lacking confidence. That doesn't come back over night and it is unrealistic to expect otherwise. The next 3 games are winnable and I expect we will. Each game we get fitter and Fabregas and Hazard look a bit more like their old selves.

I don't get your point on Neville. An offence is an offence and is judged by the action and not the individual.

Gabriel shouldn't have had his card rescinded. He may have been wound up and Costa should have been sent off earlier but it makes no difference. He kicked out. That's a red card. I can't fathom how they can retrospectively ban Costa and rescind that at the same time. Absolutely no consistency. The FA seem to judge such matters on the balance of public opinion.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Why should we be worried? I was worried 2 weeks ago. 2 games and we've improved in both. All over the park. We were severely lacking confidence. That doesn't come back over night and it is unrealistic to expect otherwise. The next 3 games are winnable and I expect we will. Each game we get fitter and Fabregas and Hazard look a bit more like their old selves.

I don't get your point on Neville. An offence is an offence and is judged by the action and not the individual.

Gabriel shouldn't have had his card rescinded. He may have been wound up and Costa should have been sent off earlier but it makes no difference. He kicked out. That's a red card. I can't fathom how they can retrospectively ban Costa and rescind that at the same time. Absolutely no consistency. FA seem to judge such matters on the balance of public opinion.

Not sure about that. There weren't many advocating that Gabriel's red card be rescinded. Even Wenger said he thought it was a red.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Not sure about that. There weren't many advocating that Gabriel's red card be rescinded. Even Wenger said he thought it was a red.

I dont think there is necessarily a conspiracy or anything as whacky but I do think the FA are broadly led as much by media coverage and what way that is going, as by what's right or wrong. They are a joke of an an organisation anyway though so it's unsurprising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

glad to see costa get done by the fa. surely no chelsea fan can disagree with that decision?

I dont think there is necessarily a conspiracy or anything as whacky but I do think the FA are broadly led as much by media coverage and what way that is going, as by what's right or wrong. They are a joke of an an organisation anyway though so it's unsurprising.

But if that were the case, Gabriel would still be serving a 3 match ban. There was no media clamour for it to be rescinded. Perhaps this FA commission actually looked at the evidence presented and made a decision based on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

But if that were the case, Gabriel would still be serving a 3 match ban. There was no media clamour for it to be rescinded. Perhaps this FA commission actually looked at the evidence presented and made a decision based on that.

Or they plucked it out of their hole.

The inconsistency, at all levels of the game in these types of decisions are what annoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

The inconsistency, at all levels of the game in these types of decisions are what annoy.

On this we're in full agreement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

glad to see costa get done by the fa. surely no chelsea fan can disagree with that decision?

If you actually read this tread rather than just coming into gloat you'd see they most of us do.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    On this we're in full agreement

It's pretty incredible they haven't got it right yet really, so many other sports have made improvements and yet (aside from goal-line technology which is a perfect example of how it should be done) football in general doesn't seem to progress.

You'd think the fact that they are reviewing these incidents under relatively little pressure after a game has ended that the letter of the law could be applied evenly.

Also while I'm moaning about the rules of the game, how nice would it be to have near-rugby levels of respect shown to refs? It would be such a different game to watch.

Or they plucked it out of their hole.

Let's see their report and then we can make an assessment. Apparently footage was used originally taken by ESPN Brazil which showed no contact was made by Gabriel on Costa when he lifted his leg backwards.

If true it makes the hysterical reaction by Costa even more ridiculous

No, he doesn't have a point. They're doctors, not football managers. Their one and ONLY role is to help injured players. If a player is down on the pitch and isn't injured, that's on him, not the medical staff. Doctors associations all over the country supported the two.
    I don't think you read much of my post. I'm not saying Mourinho was putting his player at risk, or that Hazard was actually injured. I'm saying that as medical staff, the fact that Chelsea weren't winning the match should be of NO importance to them. Their duty is to care for players, not to win football games.

And you're missing one important bit - Michael Oliver clearly beckons to the medical staff to come on the pitch. Are they supposed to ignore that because there's a match to be won?

Not sure you read your own post no mind mine.

It is a very common occurrence for a ref to call on medical staff but for them not to actually come on - also it is claimed TSHO has no medical training whilst true he has studied sports science which is a closely related discipline and he has thought physical education for 5 years so to say he has no experience is simply WRONG. Michael Oliver the ref on the day has no medical training at all so I am buggered to see how his opinion is held in such high esteem. Oliver also did not go over to see if the player actually wanted attention but called it from a distance.

In the past I played a lot more rugby than soccer and have seen enough injuries on the pitch not to wish them on any player of any code but a little balance would be good here.

The differences with the medical staff should have been discussed and sorted in private, if that meant Eva and Jon were to be replaced on matchdays fine but there is no excuse that I can see to slate them so publicly. They are both experienced professionals and should be treated accordingly with the respect they deserve. Eva really should not have posted a response on Facebook I am not sure that did her cause any good at all, but I assume she was upset and you don't make your best decisions when upset. As for the sexist angle that is BS as both staff were treated equally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Hopefully we see a good few of the youngsters tonight.

As for the weekend, Newcastle are in bits but they are a bit of a bogey team for us.

hots wrote: »
    It's pretty incredible they haven't got it right yet really, so many other sports have made improvements and yet (aside from goal-line technology which is a perfect example of how it should be done) football in general doesn't seem to progress.

You'd think the fact that they are reviewing these incidents under relatively little pressure after a game has ended that the letter of the law could be applied evenly.

Also while I'm moaning about the rules of the game, how nice would it be to have near-rugby levels of respect shown to refs? It would be such a different game to watch.

If there was a real desire by FIFA and UEFA to have respect for the ref then there would be it is that simple, putting a sticker on a shirt does not really do it. As you quite rightly point out in rugby there is respect for the ref at all levels of the game but a lot of that is instilled from your team mates as you will lose ground if you answer them back, so no matter how bad the ref you take his decision and move on.

There really should be retrospective action against players for crowding the ref and as for touching them that should be a severe ban.

But for that to work the referee should also be held responsible for their actions as well (by the FA or who ever) this also happens in rugby where there are good procedures for complaining about referees. The FA and the like burying their head in the sand and pretending their officials are infallible is ridiculous beyond belief - the game is very fast it is not that hard to miss something so if players are to be held responsible for actions after matches then so should referees.

Perhaps something along the lines of cricket where you could challenge one decision each half (if upheld you get another one and so on) and a structured reporting procedure where a club (not a manager or individual) can report a referee in private and for there to be a measured and fair response to this.

I am not sure there is an agenda as such against Chelsea, Cesc should not have been sent off against the Baggies last season but at least they reduced the ban to 1 game but it is very hard to square the Matic circle and there is certainly a trial by media when it comes to Costa all the time (Naismith kicking out at Ivan deserved a retrospective ban but there was no clamour from the media or Chelsea so nothing happened had that been Costa he certainly would have been up before the beak).

There will be no change though and for no good reason I can see, I think it would benefit the game greatly. There will still be the odd melee but they can be fun too, abuse of the ref on the pitch is uncalled for though.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »

As for the weekend, Newcastle are in bits but they are a bit of a bogey team for us.

Depends on how Jose wants to approach it, I can see probably 6 or 7 seniors playing with a few of the younger guys playing too.

I'm going to guess

Blackman - not to risk Begovic while Courtois is out.

Ivan - Azp is probably due a rest.
    Papy D - If he doesnt play tonight he never will for Chelsea.
    JT - No brainer really.
    Rahman - Was decent against M.Tel Aviv, be good for him to get mins too.

Mikel - Should be well able and above this level.
    Ramires - See above

Traore - Might aswell play the guy give him a shot.
    RLC - Play him as a 10, hes more than good enough.
    Kenedy - Like Traore, might aswell give him a shot tonight.

Falcao - With Costa serving a 3 match ban, keep Remy for the EPL.

The team really could go anyway though but I'd be surprised if a good deal of the above didnt play, maybe Oscar will play to get some game time and RLC will drop into CM.

Johner wrote: »

If we don't win at Newcastle on Saturday we are in serious trouble.

I would play Blackman and give Begovic a night on the bench, we may need Blackman in a PL or CL game we really need to blood him as it is still a while until Tbo is back.

Be nice to see RLC, Kenedy and Traore start as well, however we will want to win as well so difficult to call this line up.

Blackman
    Dave, JT, Papy, Baba II
    RLC, Ram
    Kenedy, Traore, Oscar
    Falcao

Pop Haz, Cesc, Pedro and Remy on the bench if needed. Give Oscar another 60 minutes to get his fitness levels up a bit more after his injury.

I would like to see that side just to protect players for the Newcastle, Porto and Villa games coming up in short order but I suspect it will be stronger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

can we start an arsenal/chelsea teamtalk thread? might suit some people

peteeeed wrote: »

Wonder if that match will be selected for tv coverage??????

peteeeed wrote: »

What always goes down well is combined XI, has anyone started one of those yet? :pac:

What always goes down well is combined XI, has anyone started one of those yet? :pac:

Ah thats easy Gav, combined XI

Begovic, Ivan, Happy, Cahill, Dave, Cesc, Matic, Pedro, Haz, Oscar, Costa.

There you are :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

https://twitter.com/AmyLewisSport/status/646615877480267776

What would be the worst case scenario for Chelsea? Just few 100 thousand dollars compensation?

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/AmyLewisSport/status/646615877480267776

What would be the worst case scenario for Chelsea? Just few 100 thousand dollars compensation?

More than that I'd say, if we have any sense it'll be settled out of courts, the publicity damage is far worse than the financial...

hots wrote: »
    More than that I'd say, if we have any sense it'll be settled out of courts, the publicity damage is far worse than the financial...

The way its gone, its probably going to end up in court.

Will be interesting to see what her case is though, she was asked back.

• Advertisement

I guess it will all rotate around reputation and any damage to it.

Can't see her not winning a case to be honest it just depends how well she wins it, Jon Fearn could be decisive in all of this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement