Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

You would hope so, as long as we dont make a rocks of it on Saturday in Newcastle who are showing no form at all. I am assuming it will be the same team as last week with the exception of Costa unless we win any appeal and seen as the FA are just making things up as they go along now this is unlikely.

Would almost be tempted to drop Ivan and stick in Kenedy but that might be a throw of the dice too far. Ivan for Baba II would be fine though.

Jose deployed Kenedy at LB against Palace even though Rahman was on the bench too.

I cant see Ivan being dropped for Kenedy and Azp to RB but doing so would offer us great width, Rahman was very willing to go down the line last night and created a few chances from his crossing.

I do think RLC deserves a run of games

I'd agree, in his 2 starts hes looked very comfortable, granted they were against poor and inferior opposition but ya still have to perform and he has quiet while, hes got a good eye for a pass, as shown by his assist last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

No way will any of the youths get a look in yet, maybe if we spank Newcastle with a few mins to go RLC or Kenedy may come on. Our First 11 is barely up to speed why would we drop any of them....bar maybe Ivan.

Begovic
    Ivan Cahill Zouma Dave
    Fab Matic
    Pedro Oscar Hazard
    Falcao

Personally id start Rahman but Jose wont and may even make Ivan capitano again.
    3 points at all costs!!

what a day wrote: »
    No way will any of the youths get a look in yet, maybe if we spank Newcastle with a few mins to go RLC or Kenedy may come on. Our First 11 is barely up to speed why would we drop any of them....bar maybe Ivan.

Begovic
    Ivan Cahill Zouma Dave
    Fab Matic
    Pedro Oscar Hazard
    Falcao

Personally id start Rahman but Jose wont and may even make Ivan capitano again.
    3 points at all costs!!

I'm with you, all about the results right now and if that means playing Ivanovic upfront and we're winning games, so be it.

WE're about 3 games behind our rivals and need a good run of games to catch them.

Here is our next 4 league games : 2 difficult games and 2 easier games.

Newcastle - a
    Southampton - h
    Villa - a
    Pool - h

Citys next 4 league games : playing 2 gimmes and 2 difficult games.

Spurs - a
    Newcastle - h
    Bournemouth - h
    Man Utd - a

Man Utds next 4 league games : 1 gimme and 3 difficult games.

Sunderland - h
    Arsenal - a
    Everton - a
    City - h

Arsenals next 4 games : So 1 gimme and 3 potentiall diffiuclt games.

Leicester - a
    Utd - h
    Watford - a
    Everton - h

Theres definetly scope, as all of our rivals are playing each other, that they'll drop points. We have to pick up maximum points from these next 4 games or at the very least beat the points pciked up by the other 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Defo, i think if we string a few wins together we will do some catching up and be ther about at christmas. Hopefully put pressure on city in the new year a pip them accross the line ; - )

Honestly though its hard to see us winning but its not impossible. Hopefully we will finish this season the way we started last season.

what a day wrote: »
    Defo, i think if we string a few wins together we will do some catching up and be ther about at christmas. Hopefully put pressure on city in the new year a pip them accross the line ; - )

Honestly though its hard to see us winning but its not impossible. Hopefully we will finish this season the way we started last season.

Its hard to write a team off but I dont think we'll win it, however thats not to say its impossible.

I'd love to be proved wrong anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

If we can somehow manage to claw our way back into the top 4 after 10 games I reckon we are still a decent shout for the league.

We'd have to win our next 4 games in the league though.

Newcastle away
    Southampton home
    Villa home
    West Ham away

Doable imo

Lukker- wrote: »
    If we can somehow manage to claw our way back into the top 4 after 10 games I reckon we are still a decent shout for the league.

We'd have to win our next 4 games in the league though.

Newcastle away
    Southampton home
    Villa home
    West Ham away

Doable imo

I got the Pool and West Ham game mixed up. :o

Lets just start by beating Newcastle and take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I got the Pool and West Ham game mixed up. :o

Lets just start by beating Newcastle and take it from there.

Yup, I think the players are thinking the exact same, approaching it on a game by game basis.

I think 1 positive of this season is that Jose is a bit more inclined to rotate. Most of the squad have gotten good game time this season and I think it will definitely help long term if we have everybody sharp and contributing. RLC, Kenedy, Rahman all look capable of stepping in and providing genuine competition. I think Willian will step his game too, because it looks like Pedro is ahead of him now. I expect big things from Oscar too, I think having him back has played a big role in us finding our form.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Yup, I think the players are thinking the exact same, approaching it on a game by game basis.

I think 1 positive of this season is that Jose is a bit more inclined to rotate. Most of the squad have gotten good game time this season and I think it will definitely help long term if we have everybody sharp and contributing. RLC, Kenedy, Rahman all look capable of stepping in and providing genuine competition. I think Willian will step his game too, because it looks like Pedro is ahead of him now. I expect big things from Oscar too, I think having him back has played a big role in us finding our form.

Thats it we have competition right thoughout the squad except for at 1 position it seems and thats RB :pac:

Courtois wont walk straight back into the team once hes back if Begovic keeps up his good form.

Along the back line we've 3 CB's that seem to be rotating, we've 3 capable FBs as well as 1 or 2 back ups like Aina and Papy D that could come in if needed.

In CM we've a wealth of talent, looks to be Matic and Cesc as the starting pair but Ramires, Mikel and more so RLC will be pushing them when given a chance.

On the wings, Oscar, Ramires, Pedro, Willian, Kenedy, Traore, Remy and Hazard are our main options, really its Hazard and 1 other from those and its probably PEdro.

For the number 10 role we've got Oscar, cesc, Willian, Hazard and RLC.

Upfront, its between Costa, Remy and Falcao.

Squad has very good options running through it, it just needs some wins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Thats it we have competition right thoughout the squad except for at 1 position it seems and thats RB :pac:

Courtois wont walk straight back into the team once hes back if Begovic keeps up his good form.

Along the back line we've 3 CB's that seem to be rotating, we've 3 capable FBs as well as 1 or 2 back ups like Aina and Papy D that could come in if needed.

In CM we've a wealth of talent, looks to be Matic and Cesc as the starting pair but Ramires, Mikel and more so RLC will be pushing them when given a chance.

On the wings, Oscar, Ramires, Pedro, Willian, Kenedy, Traore, Remy and Hazard are our main options, really its Hazard and 1 other from those and its probably PEdro.

For the number 10 role we've got Oscar, cesc, Willian, Hazard and RLC.

Upfront, its between Costa, Remy and Falcao.

Squad has very good options running through it, it just needs some wins.

I would say we have the second best squad in the league for sure, not certain it is better than City's overall but close for sure.

Our pre season was nothing short of a disaster but that being said I would expect to be top three at Christmas and top two in May - most likely second sadly.

Joses presser today should be intersting, he'll probably be pushed on the Costa ban and Gabriel getting off but I cant imagine him saying too much.

I would say we have the second best squad in the league for sure, not certain it is better than City's overall but close for sure.

Our pre season was nothing short of a disaster but that being said I would expect to be top three at Christmas and top two in May - most likely second sadly.

Ya pre-season was waaaaaaay too short and we left it too late to have an effective one. WE've been paying for it since the start as it took us a few games to get up to speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Ya pre-season was waaaaaaay too short and we left it too late to have an effective one. WE've been paying for it since the start as it took us a few games to get up to speed.

Yeah you just have to look at City, they started a few weeks before us and came roaring out of the blocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Good thing is, it's not a sprint!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Im sorry lads but I just cannot entertain the idea of winning the title after that start.. lets just secure top 3 and an automatic group stage place in the Champions League for next season and that will do just fine in the league for me.

We have to win a cup though...

Johner wrote: »
    Yeah you just have to look at City, they started a few weeks before us and came roaring out of the blocks.

It was like us last year but crucially City have already lost at home and it took us until December 8th or 9th to lose last year.
    Im sorry lads but I just cannot entertain the idea of winning the title after that start.. lets just secure top 3 and an automatic group stage place in the Champions League for next season and that will do just fine in the league for me.

We have to win a cup though...

Id take 5th and winning the Champs League ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

16,000 posts, time to get a life. :o

Sorry Gav. :pac:

Johner wrote: »
    16,000 posts, time to get a life. :o

Sorry Gav. :pac:

Ah i'm nearly here 7 years at this stage :eek:

If I posted as much in the early days as I do now I'd have a serious nerd post count. :o

• Advertisement

Wenger is not in the least bit bitter is he

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/25/arsene-wenger-claudio-ranieri-jose-mourinho-title

I have a huge amount of time for the tinkerman but he has had opportunities at a lot of big clubs and done nowt. The CL was there for the taking in 2003 and he blew it big time and totally.

Wenger is not in the least bit bitter is he

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/25/arsene-wenger-claudio-ranieri-jose-mourinho-title

I have a huge amount of time for the tinkerman but he has had opportunities at a lot of big clubs and done nowt. The CL was there for the taking in 2003 and he blew it big time and totally.

I liked the tinkerman but Joses team was miles better than Ranieiri in every possible way.

Also is thas another classic Wenger "I could have signed X player but didnt bother". His time at Arsenal is littered with those of deals.
    “Monaco’s statement was always that two players – Martial and Layvin Kurzawa – would not move,” said Wenger. “I thought they would maintain that but in the end both of them moved

Listening to press conference THSO and Wenger is now absolute hatred I think. Wont discuss Costa or Gabriel.

Would not comment on Wenger saying the tinkerman laid the foundation.

Not answering more questions than answering.

Said players are getting there and are training well.

CB is Happys best position, happy with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

jose pres conf

Willian and all his players are fit for tomorrow's game.

not able to say yet whether Remy or Falcao will play as the striker.

has no doubt about the quality of his three strikers

he does not think facing Newcastle is any extra motivation for Remy who used to play there

he has not yet seen any written reasons from the FA as to why Diego Costa was given a suspension.

some managers can speak about referees and some managers can't, and he is on the list that can't.

on Newcastle's season so far: It is a good league and they are playing good teams. This is the new reality.

one of the things that was clear was when a player reacts to something and retaliates, it was punished. Now you can do it.

Kurt Zouma's best position is centre-back but he can play midfield and left-back and is important because of that

Jose praises Zouma's strong mentality and calls him a humble guy.

full details here

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-vs-chelsea-press-10132092

So full squad for tomorrow bar Costa whos suspended and Courtois whos injured.

Who plays? Jose is likely to make limited changes really.

Begovic
    Ivan Zouma Cahill Azp
    Matic Cesc
    Pedro Oscar Hazard
    Remy

Subs:
    Blackman
    JT
    Ramires RLC
    Kenedy Willian
    Falcao

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Wenger is not in the least bit bitter is he[.
    but Jose, of course, remains the comsummate gentleman he always was, and is never bitter.
    "In this country only one manager is not under pressure, every other manager is under pressure. Pellegrini, Brendan , Steve McClaren. We cannot lose matches, we cannot be below expectations. I have sympathy for all of them and they have sympathy for me because it is a difficult job. There is one for some reason outside that list but good for him."
    ""You know. Can speak about referees before and after, can push people in the technical areas, can cry in the morning, can cry in the afternoon, nothing happens. Can not achieve, keep his job, can still be the king, it is privilege.""

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Costas ban was 3 league games or 3 domestic ?

Costas ban was 3 league games or 3 domestic ?

Domestic, 2 games left on his ban.

jacool wrote: »
    but Jose, of course, remains the comsummate gentleman he always was, and is never bitter.
    "In this country only one manager is not under pressure, every other manager is under pressure. Pellegrini, Brendan , Steve McClaren. We cannot lose matches, we cannot be below expectations. I have sympathy for all of them and they have sympathy for me because it is a difficult job. There is one for some reason outside that list but good for him."
    ""You know. Can speak about referees before and after, can push people in the technical areas, can cry in the morning, can cry in the afternoon, nothing happens. Can not achieve, keep his job, can still be the king, it is privilege.""

Thats not bitter though, thats Jose telling it as it is.

He also doesnt say who hes speaking about, hes named himself and 3 other managers, 16 possible candidates for the above criteria.

Thats not bitter though, thats Jose telling it as it is.

He also doesnt say who hes speaking about, hes named himself and 3 other managers, 16 possible candidates for the above criteria.

He was asked specifically was it The Arsenal manager he was referring to and refused to answer. It's a mystery really..................

I do wish the pair of them would just park it now until the next game it's a little tiresome to be fair.

I must say though Chelsea do have a point they have not yet received written reasons as to why Saint Diego is banned and tomorrow he will have served 2/3 of it. This is really not fair there should always be a right of appeal, if they are going to fast track the hearing then the report should be ready before sentence starts. Let's face it it is not that hard he was banned on Tuesday these things should be available within 24 hours no mind 72.

That should be for all players not just in this instance should Chelsea appeal and be successful he will have served a two match ban for nothing. Should that be the case I hope we sue the FA for compensation put some manners on them.

• Advertisement

Confirmed World Cup in Qatar kicks off Nov 21 2022 and finishes Dec 18. Disgraceful carry on really.

He was asked specifically was it The Arsenal manager he was referring to and refused to answer. It's a mystery really..................

I do wish the pair of them would just park it now until the next game it's a little tiresome to be fair.

They wont though. Neither will.

One will have a shot, the other will have a shot and will go tit for tat until the end of their careers.

I must say though Chelsea do have a point they have not yet received written reasons as to why Saint Diego is banned and tomorrow he will have served 2/3 of it. This is really not fair there should always be a right of appeal, if they are going to fast track the hearing then the report should be ready before sentence starts. Let's face it it is not that hard he was banned on Tuesday these things should be available within 24 hours no mind 72.

That should be for all players not just in this instance should Chelsea appeal and be successful he will have served a two match ban for nothing. Should that be the case I hope we sue the FA for compensation put some manners on them.

The Fa make up the rules as they go it seems. You cant question them as you'll be hit with a sanction but its amazing how some incidents get punsihed and others dont and its not just a Chelsea thing. Most notably in mind was Rooney elbowing McCarthy. How he got away with that I'll never understand.

The same organisation last year reduced Matics 3 game ban too 2 for pushing a Burnely player yet completely rescindeds Gabriels petulant kick out.

I've no issue with banning players when they deserve it and Matic shouldnt have done what he did but his reaction was to a near leg breaking challenge while Gabriel and Costa were invovled in glorified sissy handbag fighting.

The mind boggles when they make decisions retrospectively as it seems you could be handed down anything.

On another note, remember when they banned Terry when a court foud him not guilty, great craic altogether. :pac:

Confirmed World Cup in Qatar kicks off Nov 21 2022 and finishes Dec 18. Disgraceful carry on really.

Ya, the European leaegues will probably shut down in early October and be back in late January, how theyre going to make up the time is beyond me. The season will have to be about 11months long

Guess the season will start end of July start of August. How the league, cups, CL, Europa League, Super cup and World club cup fits in is anyone's guess. Be lots of footie on telly at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

You have to appreciate though that winning the league, ha being a short summer and coming straight back into the groove is a big ask.

Chelsea were resolute under big pressure last season during the run in. Can't be easy to just slip back into that when everyone's on 0 points again.

They would have been disappointed the season before and I'd say it's no coincidence they started so strong after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Really looking forward to kicking on again ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Mourinho does Arsene AGAIN !!!!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34362439

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

It's becoming a sad obsession

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

For both of them!

Messi must have a soft spot for Chelsea.

There's 10 players officially using his new Adidas boots and 2 of them play for Chelsea.

Boga and Kenedy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

kev1.3s wrote: »
    For both of them!
    Of course Ranieri played a major part in CFC. But Wenger should also recognise that prior to that Chelsea had been an upward, if slow build, trajectory since Hoddle, and through Gullit and Vialli.

It's a bit sly of Wenger to concentrate on Claudio. I guess it's pretty obvious he was having a chip at Mou. Pretty lame one, really. He won't be hitting any targets with that one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Lads, what are the chances of Falcao starting today, only asking for FF reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

McDave wrote: »
    Of course Ranieri played a major part in CFC. But Wenger should also recognise that prior to that Chelsea had been an upward, if slow build, trajectory since Hoddle, and through Gullit and Vialli.

It's a bit sly of Wenger to concentrate on Claudio. I guess it's pretty obvious he was having a chip at Mou. Pretty lame one, really. He won't be hitting any targets with that one.
    He could have gone through the entire history of Chelsea football club. Not really relevant though as he was doing a press conference prior to a March with a Ranieri managed side. The last time he managed in England was with Chelsea and that could be the reason he brought it up.

Of course paranoid Mourinho thinks it's targeted at him and goes on a Keeganesque rant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Lads, what are the chances of Falcao starting today, only asking for FF reasons.

Unfortunately 50:50, I think every Chelsea fan would rather Remy given a chance back against Newcastle. He's inconsistent but at least he has the potential to do well!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

Just checking FF, JT is the lowest scoring defender -1, never thought I'd see the day.

greendom wrote: »
    He could have gone through the entire history of Chelsea football club. Not really relevant though as he was doing a press conference prior to a March with a Ranieri managed side. The last time he managed in England was with Chelsea and that could be the reason he brought it up.

Of course paranoid Mourinho thinks it's targeted at him and goes on a Keeganesque rant

Except Keegan wasnt more succesful then the person he was ranting about. :P

Id nearly be 100% it will be Remy upfront

Falcaos movement into soace is excellent but its not clicking for him.

Remy can make his own goals as well as use his pace.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

In a way, Jose is right and everyone appreciates that.

But he fails to mention that it's about loyalty.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement