Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

gosplan wrote: »
    In a way, Jose is right and everyone appreciates that.

But he fails to mention that it's about loyalty.

loyalty to to what? failure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

loyalty to to what? failure?

No, to Arsenal.

Wenger could have left and gone to Madrid or anywhere else but he stayed and brought the club forward.

Hey was loyal to Arsenal so Arsenal are loyal to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

No, to Arsenal.

Wenger could have left and gone to Madrid or anywhere else but he stayed and brought the club forward.

Hey was loyal to Arsenal so Arsenal are loyal to him.

I get that and its a rare thing in football at any level, players and coaches alike.

Genuine question though and i dont wanna derail this thread but at what stage does he walk away? Hes donr very well winning back to back fa cups in recent years so the board wont sack him and he doesnt look like walking anytime soon as hes still a healthy man but surely Arsenal want more than a good start, a fade in the middle a resurgence towards the end and finishing ultimately short?

Yes the emergence of money in england and europe has curtailed arsenal in the last decade on top of their stadium move but signing 3 of the best in the world in recent years in sanchez ozil and cech should have brought arsenal further forward id have thought.

At what point does wenger stop being relevant and replacement is needed while these players are in their primes to win the big trophies, its a tricky one as some fans want him to stay and win trophies while others want a new guy in for league and european success and wenger to leave gracefully.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I get that and its a rare thing in football at any level, players and coaches alike.

Genuine question though and i dont wanna derail this thread but at what stage does he walk away? Hes donr very well winning back to back fa cups in recent years so the board wont sack him and he doesnt look like walking anytime soon as hes still a healthy man but surely Arsenal want more than a good start, a fade in the middle a resurgence towards the end and finishing ultimately short?

Yes the emergence of money in england and europe has curtailed arsenal in the last decade on top of their stadium move but signing 3 of the best in the world in recent years in sanchez ozil and cech should have brought arsenal further forward id have thought.

At what point does wenger stop being relevant and replacement is needed while these players are in their primes to win the big trophies, its a tricky one as some fans want him to stay and win trophies while others want a new guy in for league and european success and wenger to leave gracefully.

Think his contract is end of next season.

If we haven't moved forward significantly by then I can't see him staying on.

Think his contract is end of next season.

If we haven't moved forward significantly by then I can't see him staying on.

Who dya want to replace him? Smart money woukd be wait for a superstar like Ancelotti, Klopp or Pep but LVGs contract is up next year too though and he sadi hes walking away so Utd will be looking for a coach too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Except Keegan wasnt more succesful then the person he was ranting about. :P

So why does he get so upset about someone he feels is so inferior to him?

greendom wrote: »
    So why does he get so upset about someone he feels is so inferior to him?

A mutual dislike of one and other. Theyre like two kids really. Between not shaking ha ds and constant volleys back and forth. It aint going go away.

Who dya want to replace him? Smart money woukd be wait for a superstar like Ancelotti, Klopp or Pep but LVGs contract is up next year too though and he sadi hes walking away so Utd will be looking for a coach too.

To be honest I don't care. We'll be just like the rest then, chasing success by changing managers every 2/3 years.

I'll care then and get invested in whoever it is but club without Wenger will be odd.

To be honest I don't care. We'll be just like the rest then, chasing success by changing managers every 2/3 years.

I'll care then and get invested in whoever it is but club without Wenger will be odd.

Isnt that what football is ultimately about? Success? Look at Utd, changing Fergie and theyre only doing well now, 2 years after.

City on now, no Kompany or Hart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Did I click into the arsenal thread by mistake ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Did I click into the arsenal thread by mistake ?

Mourinho walked into the Arsenal press conference yesterday. I think ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Spurs 2-1 up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

If City lose we will probably be only 6 points behind the leaders if we win(expecting United to win).

Toure going off with hamstring injury

3-1 spurs

The league is back on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

The league is back on

still 20 min left in the match.....

cadaliac wrote: »
    still 20 min left in the match.....

you go watch that, we will celebrate the league being back on :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

He could have gone through the entire history of Chelsea football club. Not really relevant though as he was doing a press conference prior to a March with a Ranieri managed side. The last time he managed in England was with Chelsea and that could be the reason he brought it up.

Of course paranoid Mourinho thinks it's targeted at him and goes on a Keeganesque rant

Curious do you really believe that?

His career since he left Chelsea would suggest otherwise. He was lucky he was in place when Roman took over, his tactics in the semi of the CL would suggest strongly he wilted under pressure.

Really like the guy seems a very decent sort but some perspective would be good. It is clear Wenger was having a pop then TSHO responded they are both behaving like children neither come out of this with reputations enhanced. It seems Wenger can do no wrong to some.

• Advertisement

4-1 spurs

2 losses in a row for city. Today would be the perfect day to thrash Newcastle

Piazon scores for reading

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

As long as Cisse isn't playing, I'm confident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

He could have gone through the entire history of Chelsea football club. Not really relevant though as he was doing a press conference prior to a March with a Ranieri managed side. The last time he managed in England was with Chelsea and that could be the reason he brought it up.

Of course paranoid Mourinho thinks it's targeted at him and goes on a Keeganesque rant

What would be the point of going through all of CFC's history? Especially when Wenger was intent on making a partisan point? Recent decades are perfectly adequate for context in this trajectory of the club's history.

Everyone knows it's a game between Mou and Wenger. Do you think Mou gives a damn about Wenger's selective comments. I'm sure he respects his predecessor's major contribution to a growing club, as much as he knows what he has himself achieved in a few short years at Chelsea, including surpassing Wenger in silverware. Cop on.

T'would be. A chance to pile pressure on City. I didn't think they'd fold like that. But it's not the first time adversity in Europe has ripped the ass out of their confidence.

Must admit thought City were going to go post to post and beat our record on top so delighted to see United go top. Chase starts now let's hope we don't make a Horlicks of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Took the phone out and seen city were 1 up and kdb had scored and taught screw that, got present surprise when I got into van to hear they lost 4-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Bye bye Jose....we look like relegation fodder. Only one thing can improve performances and that's a change of manager.

• Advertisement

Garzorico wrote: »
    Bye bye Jose....we look like relegation fodder. Only one thing can improve performances and that's a change of manager.

are you in anyway serious?

We really are ****ed

The league is back on

But not for us, it appears! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

McDave wrote: »

I'd be surprised if we got top four!

McDave wrote: »

Unfortunately. I wasn't expecting this :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Lucky to get the draw but could have nicked it in the end. Willian must be a starter next game with Ivan getting a rest. A point back on city so not all bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Lucky to get the draw but could have nicked it in the end. Willian must be a starter next game with Ivan getting a rest. A point back on city so not all bad.

and 2 points lost on the league leaders...

Garzorico wrote: »

It's still a kick ass squad. Unless there's serious problems behind the scenes, Jose is safe. However, if we continue to leak points, 16-17 UCL is in question, and that RA will not countenance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Ramires and Willian were the only two that showed any urgency or fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Johner wrote: »
    Ramires and Willian were the only two that showed any urgency or fight.

Definitely. It was like night and day when they came on. They were far more direct and drove at the Newcastle defence which caused them real problems given they were dropping so deep.

You can see why Mourinho was praising Costa for his aggression against Arsenal as we were bullied all over the pitch for the first 60 minutes and the likes of Matic and Fabregas didn't turn up for the fight.

Hazard and Pedro were too busy looking for free-kicks and going to ground too easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Not the end of the world, a point we would have all taken on 78 mins.

Anyway, look on the bright side away trips to Everton, NewCastle and City are behind us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Anyway, look on the bright side away trips to Everton, NewCastle and City are behind us.

Speaking some sense there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

are you in anyway serious?

I am. There's something not quite right in the camp and Jose does not have form for turning an unhappy camp into a happy camp - rather the opposite. The players aren't playing for him it would appear. Persisting with Ivanovic, Fabegas, Hazard, Matic etc. making ivanovic captain smacks of an ego trip.
    We have no appetite for games...the kids aren't happy and they show it on the pitch.

Must admit thought City were going to go post to post and beat our record on top so delighted to see United go top. Chase starts now let's hope we don't make a Horlicks of it.

OK so we like Horlicks

Have to say I am sick of seeing Ivan tog out for us

OK so we like Horlicks

Have to say I am sick of seeing Ivan tog out for us

Tbh I'm feeling that way about cesc. I know most of the team aren't performing but cesc loses the the ball so much it's too annoying to watch. Ivan tho needs to be sold on not dropped

Tbh I'm feeling that way about cesc. I know most of the team aren't performing but cesc loses the the ball so much it's too annoying to watch. Ivan tho needs to be sold on not dropped

Yep Cesc is either still on the beach or doting new daddy either way sitting on the sideline watching RLC or Kenedy or who ever would do no harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Very positive outlook. Now where is the monkey to tell us we will be relegated......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

What the hell is up with Fabregas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

but signing 3 of the best in the world in recent years in sanchez ozil and cech should have brought arsenal further forward id have thought.

Arsenal needed a world class defensive midfielder. Why they didn't sign one is beyond me. They also need to balance their first XI. Alexis Sanchez may have been a winger for Barca. Wenger needs to look at his time in Udinese and playing for Chile. They've also got too many left footed or inverted players. He needs to drop some players and being in functional ones to balance the side.

As for functional, why in the holy spaghetti meatballs of bat mobiles is Ivanovic even getting playing time? He's not Messi or Ronaldo surely you can drop him? I kind of understand the reasoning to play Cesc. Off form or not you've got nothing to match him. Still, I'd drop both of them for at least one game.

That said, not the best result lads, but some positive signs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Turtwig wrote: »
    Arsenal needed a world class defensive midfielder. Why they didn't sign one is beyond me. They also need to balance their first XI. Alexis Sanchez may have been a winger for Barca. Wenger needs to look at his time in Udinese and playing for Chile. They've also got too many left footed or inverted players. He needs to drop some players and being in functional ones to balance the side.

As for functional, why in the holy spaghetti meatballs of bat mobiles is Ivanovic even getting playing time? He's not Messi or Ronaldo surely you can drop him? I kind of understand the reasoning to play Cesc. Off form or not you've got nothing to match him. Still, I'd drop both of them for at least one game.

That said, not the best result lads, but some positive signs.

That dm is coquelin. There is no dm playing better than him at the moment.
    His stats with tackles, interceptions etc are up at the top.

It's just because he didn't cost 30 million people aren't giving him the recognition.

Trilla wrote: »
    What the hell is up with Fabregas?

As George Michael said, guilty feet ain't got no rhythm.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement