Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

****, so unlucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

ahhhh well hopefully that post will fire them up !

ffs , what kind of caveman defending is this??!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

Bring on Hazard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Willian the most committed CFC player on the pitch.

• Advertisement

This is embarrassing.

Defence completely at 6s and 7s.

Jesus !!!

This is like Athlone Town v Carlow

OK. Time to motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

And Ivan misses a free header...

• Advertisement

And Ivan misses a free header...

Ivan 2 years ago would have buried it !
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

We could have conceded 6 tonight we are a total and utter shambles

Fabregas and Ivanovic shouldn't start again in the foreseeable future. They've been toxic.

AH JOKE !!!

HAHA and Barca get 2 in 2 mins ... what a JOKE of a competition, Barça have it won allready ... joke

Fabregas has nothing to offer really. At least Ivan offers some composure.

Passing generally has been dire. No shape to this team.

Robbed of a peno.

What the **** is the point of the 5th official. It was a handball 4 yards away from him. ****ing joke

What the **** is the point of the 5th official. It was a handball 4 yards away from him. ****ing joke
    A pointless job in the end, isn't it.

Still, we didn't really deserve a result. Too many players in this team are running on empty. Hazard went awol. Is he looking for a January transfer, or just not playing for Mou anymore. Something stinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

1 word, disgraceful.

I said it earlier, weve no fight until its nearly too late and again, it was.

Should have had a last minute penalty but we didnt deserve a draw.

Had Costa handled, the official would have picked it up! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

GavRedKing wrote: »
    1 word, disgraceful.

I said it earlier, weve no fight until its nearly too late and again, it was.

Should have had a last minute penalty but we didnt deserve a draw.

We didn't.

Obvious solution, drop everyone but Fabregas and Ivanovic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Killinator

Well that was shockingly bad, are the lads aware they're supposed to pass to team mates and not the opposition?

Willian the only one with any go about him, Costa did his best with what little scraps he was given and Dave was his usual self. Nothing to be said positively for any of the rest of them.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Branislav Ivanovic has won 0 of the 7 tackles he's attempted vs. Porto so far tonight.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Garzorico

McDave wrote: »
    A pointless job in the end, isn't it.

Still, we didn't really deserve a result. Too many players in this team are running on empty. Hazard went awol. Is he looking for a January transfer, or just not playing for Mou anymore. Something stinks.

Not playing for Mourinho is how it apprears. He took an almost team and turned it into a championship team and turned them into a mediocre team. 6th from bottom of the league and playing like this? It's going to be a long long season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Killinator wrote: »
    Well that was shockingly bad, are the lads aware they're supposed to pass to team mates and not the opposition?

Willian the only one with any go about him, Costa did his best with what little scraps he was given and Dave was his usual self. Nothing to be said positively for any of the rest of them.:mad:

Give the keeper credit too. Pedro again was useless. Mikel should be behind RLC for any game time. At what point will the special one wield the axe. Terry froze out but was not as bad as Ivan and fab.
    Oh well they have to turn it around. Well here's hoping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Killinator

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Give the keeper credit too. Pedro again was useless. Mikel should be behind RLC for any game time. At what point will the special one wield the axe. Terry froze out but was not as bad as Ivan and fab.
    Oh well they have to turn it around. Well here's hoping

Sorry, your right, Bego should get some credit, especially dealing with the hap hazard mess in front of him.
    Imagine, he signs for Chelsea expecting to win stuff and this is what he gets :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

No oscar remy or falcao in the squad either.

Best chance of silverware is the domestic cups.

We're f**ked everywhere else really.:o

• Advertisement

Garzorico wrote: »
    Not playing for Mourinho is how it apprears. He took an almost team and turned it into a championship team and turned them into a mediocre team. 6th from bottom of the league and playing like this? It's going to be a long long season.

If it goes on like this for four more weeks, we'll be out at the group stage, and still in the lower half of the table. That means a clear out in January, or Mou goes, Klopp is in, and we're on the manager merry-go-round forever.

Cannot understand the team selection. In fairness to Cesc tonight he did more defending than Ivan. I can only assume Ivan has some very incriminating photos of someone as I am at a loss to explain his place in the squad no mind the team.

I keep waiting for signs it is going to turn around but the shambles just gets worse, pop RLC, Traore, Baba II in on Saturday how can they do worse?

McDave wrote: »
    If it goes on like this for four more weeks, we'll be out at the group stage, and still in the lower half of the table. That means a clear out in January, or Mou goes, Klopp is in, and we're on the manager merry-go-round forever.

Europa league might be our best chance of CL next season, might have some chance of winning that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

PF-P45_2130380b.jpg

Wouldnt mind if Ivanovic woke up to this in the morning

Europa league might be our best chance of CL next season, might have some chance of winning that.

Nah. Any Spanish team along the way will beat us.

The only players to emerge out of that with any credit were Begovic, Willian, Azpi and Costa.

Terry has to come back in at the back as the organisation is completely missing - even if it means shifting Zouma to right back as a stopgap if Rahman isn't "ready".
    Ivanovic needs to dropped. Full stop. He's getting targeted by every single team and failed to complete a cross or tackle tonight.

Centre Midfield is a ****ing wasteland at the minute.
    How we didn't go out and pick up someone like Imbula or Witsel to add a bit of steel alongside Matic is bizarre.

Fabregas can fcuk off at the minute. He trots around and doesn't even attempt to put a tackle in. Even his passing was woeful tonight. We'd be better moving to a midfield 3 with Ramires, RLC and Matic/Oscar till we get through the next few weeks.

Willian has to start at the weekend instead of either Hazard or Pedro. He's the only one with any real drive or form in support 3 at the minute.

Costa was very good with the limited supply of ball he got all night. He looked the sharpest he's been since last January. The quick interchanges with Willian from the left created some nice shooting chances for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Something that crossed my mind, the whole Eva thing, I doubt Hazard would be extremely happy about being in the middle of it all. She effectively lost her job because he gestured her to come on the pitch. He probably feels guilty and I think it may have soured his relationship with the squad, I actually think it's soured his relationship with a few of the players. No one is playing for him atm, bar 1 or 2.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Something that crossed my mind, the whole Eva thing, I doubt Hazard would be extremely happy about being in the middle of it all. She effectively lost her job because he gestured her to come on the pitch. He probably feels guilty and I think it may have soured his relationship with the squad, I actually think it's soured his relationship with a few of the players. No one is playing for him atm, bar 1 or 2.

If that's the case he should man up and apologise. Haz has nowt to reproach himself for did nothing really, but we were dire in pre season too don't forget

If there is any truth in this then Jose is to blame. Might explain a few things alright.
    They all need to get a grip, man up and start playing ball. Will they for Jose though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

The positives from that would be Begovic (proving to be a fantastic signing), Azpilicueta as usual, Willian and Costa were good.

It's been said numerous times already but I'll chime in, how in the **** are Fabregas and Ivanovic still in the team? Whatever concerns he has about Rahman or RLC surely they can't do any worse than them.

Also, would putting a man on the post have stopped the 2nd goal tonight, or the 2nd at Newcastle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

If Chelsea don't sort themselves out they'll end up in as big a crisis as Liverpool...

You guys just haven't got going this season. If only you could play Arsenal every week.

• Advertisement

The most unforgivable thing about this evening is it takes all the joy of Arsenal losing in Europe yet again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

The most unforgivable thing about this evening is it takes all the joy of Arsenal losing in Europe yet again

Pathetic.

Seriously, better to go out early in this joke of a comp now then later,

Should be called the "Barça to win this cup" cup ...

http://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/champions-league/kevin-palmer-isolated-jose-mourinho-leaves-himself-horribly-exposed-31569326.html

Interesting last paragraph

"Alienating your chief lieutenants on the battle field is a recipe for disaster for any general and as a result of his catalogue of mistakes this season, Mourinho has left himself horribly vulnerable. "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

How was Ramires tonight?

And why isn't there a match thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

We miss Didier Drogba. not just he's goals either.

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Pathetic.

Why so? I always find that a source of joy. Your opinion may differ but that does not make it valid.

The game was balanced apart from two mistakes

http://www.westlondonsport.com/chelsea/mourinho-rues-ridiculous-chelsea-defending?

I must have watched the wrong game as I thought we were a shambles and could have lost by more.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Nonsense. He had no idea the situation would escalate to the degree it has. Mourinho seriously over-reacted to that incident. Hazard indicated to the referee that he required treatment, the referee beckoned her and the physio (?) on. How Mourinho came blame her or Fearn for that escapes me. But it's happened, and they've got to move on. They strolled to the league less than 6 months ago; they're not suddenly a bad side because the doc has gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

blueser wrote: »
    Nonsense. He had no idea the situation would escalate to the degree it has. Mourinho seriously over-reacted to that incident. Hazard indicated to the referee that he required treatment, the referee beckoned her and the physio (?) on. How Mourinho came blame her or Fearn for that escapes me. But it's happened, and they've got to move on. They strolled to the league less than 6 months ago; they're not suddenly a bad side because the doc has gone.

It is not nonsense, it if a fair point that that could have affected Hazard's morale, no one is claiming it has resulted in the side suddenly being bad, do you think its too far a stretch that Hazard could have some empathy or a capacity for human irrational emotions?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement