Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

the_monkey wrote: »
    looking very interesting :

3 Arsenal 27 22 51
    4 Man Utd 27 20 50
    5 Liverpool 27 10 48
    6 Southampton 27 18 46
    7 Tottenham 26 5 44

Should be some dogfights for 3rd,4th spots..
    Tbh id prefer arsenal to finish 2nd, city then pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

GavRedKing wrote: »

On current form you have to fancy Liverpool.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    On current form you have to fancy Liverpool.

100% but utd are playing sh*te and still winning.

Its going to be interesting between those teams in 3rd to 7th.

City might even get dragged into it soon if they dont put a few wins on board.

100% but utd are playing sh*te and still winning.

Its going to be interesting between those teams in 3rd to 7th.

City might even get dragged into it soon if they dont put a few wins on board.

Uniteds season is mystifying me. They're the luckiest team on the planet. How they went 19 games unbeaten is beyond me.

When they lost to Swansea they actually didn't play that bad.

Uniteds season is mystifying me. They're the luckiest team on the planet. How they went 19 games unbeaten is beyond me.

Ya they should be better considering the team they have.

Anyway if ee win the league i dont care who finished where really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Exactly that order for me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

AFAIK, they have some big games yet to play so I would expect them to drop more points. When I say big games, Spurs, Liverpool, City and us. Along with Arsenal in the FA cup.
    As someone mentioned - Liverpool look good at the minute, probably in a better position to get 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Killinator

Only just finished watching the match as I had been working and managed to avoid the score.
    Delighted, have to say I got a bit emotional at the realisation Jose was back collecting another trophy for us!
    Also liked the fans giving Matic an extra big cheer :)

CAREFREE!

Ohr next 5 games

West ham away
    Southampton home
    Hull away
    Stoke home
    Qpr away

Next 5

Utd home
    Arsenal away
    Leicester away
    Palace home
    Pool home

• Advertisement

Last two, west brom away
    Sunderland home

12 cup finals lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Two words: De Gea.

Don't wanna sound over confident but i would love the title wrapped up with 3 or 4 games to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Turtwig wrote: »
    Two words: De Gea.

Yip, he really has kept them in it. He is the real deal alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Ohr next 5 games

West ham away
    Southampton home
    Hull away
    Stoke home
    Qpr away

10 wins we win the league that really should be 5 of them

Next 5

Utd home
    Arsenal away
    Leicester away
    Palace home
    Pool home

4 wins 1 draw there

Last two, west brom away
    Sunderland home

League won in or by time we get to the Baggies, party at home to Sunderland made sweeter if they are relegated

Don't wanna sound over confident but i would love the title wrapped up with 3 or 4 games to go.

We'd have to win probably 7 or 8 games on the spin for that to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Just back from the pub , very happy , I guess the zouma is the new desailly comparisons aren't that far off the mark :)

Costa had a great game. Everyone worked their socks off ,JT rolled back the years , immense today
    Loved jose jumping around the place

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Was most joyful I've seen Jose after winning a trophy, I suspect City dropping points added to it

peteeeed wrote: »
    Just back from the pub , very happy , I guess the zouma is the new desailly comparisons aren't that far off the mark :)

Costa had a great game. Everyone worked their socks off ,JT rolled back the years , immense today
    Loved jose jumping around the place

JTs block at the end from Kane was a big moment, it would have set up a barn storming end had it flown into the net.

B_CsYP-U8AASd2H.jpg

B_CPWIEWwAIrSPO.jpg

:D

Coin throw at Costa by spurs fans, he can add it to the medal ;)

B_CJi1-UwAESllw.png

B_CJi3VU8AAkrlM.png

:pac:

Jose has had 4 finals with Chelsea, winning them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Great day, I cant help but have my mind wander away from the final today though and back to the title race, today means nothing if we can't close it out!

Great day, I cant help but have my mind wander away from the final today though and back to the title race, today means nothing if we can't close it out!

Of course, its good to get some silverware but unless youve the league title in May, days like today are pretty worthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Coin throw at Costa by spurs fans, he can add it to the medal ;)

:pac:

Can you imagine the headlines tomorrow?

'Costa steals coin from Spurs fan, fined £20,000 and suspended for 3 matches'

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »

A black fan also threw a coin and Costa didn't pick it up. Racist prick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Of course, its good to get some silverware but unless youve the league title in May, days like today are pretty worthless.

Gotta disagree kind of here Gav especially if you were at the match or made a day of it, would you swap it for the league of course not.

But watching ur team battle for a trophy in a hard enough fought game is what people love about supporting a club is about.

Yea most rivals will call it a mickey mouse cup but its one ye won ans one Chelsea have done well in since Mourhino first managed the club.

Any day you get to support your club lifting a trophy during the season is one to remember no matter what you have won in the past

And wp chelsea ye beat a city rival to win a cup enjoy it at least untill wednesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Ive spent the night listen to classic 70-80s pop music and coincidentally this song came on as I posted my last message so I said I'd share the love

Jt has a very questionable personal life, wouldnt deny that but his ability and leadership is right up there with the best that have played in the league.

Honestly dont think we'd have won half the trophies throughout the years if it wasnt for JT, hes a leader of men and he marshalled the back line today excellently well. Spurs, apart from the free kick had little opportunities in the 1st half when they were arguably the better side, 2 mins from HT we score and nearly score again.

2nd half the whole team is galvanised and even Zouma has got into the game.

The 2nd goal was a huge blow, with JT in good form it was always unlikely a 2 goal lead was going to be thrown away and his block on Kane at the end summed up not only his game but his career, never say die attitude that makes a captain, a leader, a winner.

We're incredibly lucky to have JT and hopefully, from a Chelsea POV they can replicate 04/05 and go onto win the league in May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Lukker- wrote: »

On the bright side he would only have to pay 19,999.5 out of his own pocket :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Ohr next 5 games

West ham away
    Southampton home
    Hull away
    Stoke home
    Qpr away
    Next 5

Utd home
    Arsenal away
    Leicester away
    Palace home
    Pool home
    Last two, west brom away
    Sunderland home

Would be great if the win gave them the boost they needed, having not been their best lately, and they kicked on like they should, getting say 15, 11 & 6 points from those 3 batches that make up the final 12 games.

Don't think it's finished yet though, even with City doing their best to fúck it up for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Congratulations on the win. Personally I'd be in the camp of fully celebrating any trophy that is won and believe it's a cause for celebration for fans of any team. I don't like opposition fans calling it a Mickey Mouse cup when it suits as a means to belittle it. As an Arsenal fan I'm somewhat irritated by the way we have treated early rounds every year but that was probably due to squad limitations and I was extremely disappointed the year Birmingham beat us.

Would love to been competing and winning that today. It's what supporters crave. If we keep downgrading the League Cup and then the FA Cup that means that 5/6 big teams in England can only win one 'worthwhile' trophy every season and only 4 more will have a shout at the Champions League which is very hard won. So it's important to keep prestige in these things and fans can help by the way they value and celebrate them.

Congrats again...on the double!

my brother in law is a spurs fan so my sister dressed my nephew yesterday

10393919_10152598784212821_4180253512096861542_n.jpg?oh=72e03d564b4fb36872a72ac9b2131121&oe=5548B483&__gda__=1435785468_4624cd805ab55685eed4b5fad5b8599f

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Well played, sir.
    _81330907_cesc_fabregas_league_cup.jpg

Seen this online.....
    It was a tough week for Harry Kane, K/o'd from the Europa league, lost the capital one cup final and Arsenal lost in the Champs League

Ohhh how I laughed :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Salah scored again for Fiorentina, should get a decent fee when his loan ends if he keeps it up. There was always a huge amount of talent in him and in reality all he needed was a good run games, problem was when he got a chance he did nothing to take it.

Johner wrote: »
    Salah scored again for Fiorentina, should get a decent fee when his loan ends if he keeps it up. There was always a huge amount of talent in him and in reality all he needed was a good run games, problem was when he got a chance he did nothing to take it.

Anywhere near €20million I'd be delighted, although depending if he continues to progress and get confidence we should consider taking him back.

Right now we've not got many options for the wide positions, we've got 3 in the squad, Cuadrado, Hazard, Willian, Ramires at a push.

I think also we signed guys like Salah as we didnt have to register them in the squad as they were counted as U21's, so we got a good long hard look at them to see what they were up to and if they werent great they were shipped on, ala Lukaku.

The pressure is considerably more intense playing for a team like Chelsea and also having to rely on guys infront of you playing bad and then for you to go and take advanteg and put in an excellent performance, Salah never done that for us.

the wembley champagne is muck

https://vine.co/v/O0uDeJ5HWxU

They shouldnt be drinking, theyve West Ham on Wednesday night. :mad: :pac:

Our next 3 games are huge, 5 points from 9 keeps us top but I hope to christ we get at least 7.

This is shamefully robbed from the Pool thread (thanks lads)

POS CLUB P PTS FIXTURE 1 FIXTURE 2 FIXTURE 3
    1 Chelsea 26 60 West Ham (A) Southampton (H) Hull (A)
    2 Manchester City 27 55 Leicester (H) Burnley (A) West Brom (H)
    3 Arsenal 27 51 QPR (A) West Ham (H) Newcastle (A)
    4 Manchester United 27 50 Newcastle (A) Spurs (H) Liverpool (A)
    5 Liverpool 27 48 Burnley (H) Swansea (A) Man Utd (H)
    6 Southampton 27 46 Crystal Palace (H) Chelsea (A) Burnley (H)
    7 Tottenham Hotspur 26 44 Swansea (H) QPR (A) Man Utd (A)
    8 Swansea City 27 40 Spurs (A) Liverpool (H) Aston Villa (A)

The way I see it, City have 9 gimme points and we've three very tough fixtures, Arsenal have 3 gimmes also.

lol

B_CfJBGWsAIUluP.jpg

Big game against West Ham Wednesday, our next league game after that isnt for another 11 days as we're out of the cup.

We've got PSG 7 days after West ham, 11th March and Southampton on the 15th.

Thats a good spread of games for this squad so hopefully we take it 1 game at a time, we've got at least 13 games left this year, maybe 15 if we get passed PSG.

West Ham at upton park is always a tricky game for us, we won 2 of the last 3 fixtures up there by a few goals and lost 3-1 in 2012, West Ham, were excellent against Spurs and deserved 3 points and then were played off hte park by Palace.

Theres no reason, with this squad that we cant go to Upton Park and do what Palace done, as long as we take 3 points I'm not pushed with the performance though.

Joses record of trophies.
    21 trophies across 727 games, an average of a winner's medal every 35 matches.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Yeah definitely think West Ham will be tough, could be one of those crap complacent games from us again. Would be fairly typical to not capitalize on City dropping points too... Would like to see Cuadrado and Oscar both start anyway, And I would imagine Ramires in the middle should be sufficient (no need for Zouma in cdm this time)? Could see Luis get a game too.

Yeah definitely think West Ham will be tough, could be one of those crap complacent games from us again. Would be fairly typical to not capitalize on City dropping points too... Would like to see Cuadrado and Oscar both start anyway, And I would imagine Ramires in the middle should be sufficient (no need for Zouma in cdm this time)? Could see Luis get a game too.

Joses has a few tough calls to make, as I said we've a week off after this game to focus on PSG but right now the EPL should dominate his thought.

I'd start with

Courtois
    Ivan Zouma JT Azp (if fit)
    Ramires Cesc
    Willian Oscar Hazard
    Costa

Subs:
    Cech
    Cahill Luis
    Cuadrado, RLC
    Drogba Remy

Theres a few maybe calls in the squad, GK, CB next to JT, LB, CAM.

I'd say pick Zouma, West Ham have plenty of pace, Cahill done well yesterday as JT organised the back line to a tee.

West Ham have a few players in their squad who can smack a ball so closing down around the edge of the area for the likes of Downing and Valencia is key.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

peteeeed wrote: »
    the wembley champagne is muck

https://vine.co/v/O0uDeJ5HWxU

he should ease up there, he has an important few months ahead :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement