Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

duploelabs wrote: »

A small minority of people. Most certainly not fans of club.

28 over 13 seasons. Lets say for arguements sake all home matches.

19 home games over 13 seasons. =247 matches

About 10 million fans

1 in every 357,00 arrested

Every club has it .

Not sure what can be done to be honest to combat it . Guess sadly in some form its always going to be there. Just hopefully in this day and age with technology further incidents can be caught on camera like Paris and the people involved caught and banned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Thats from a few weeks back but I thought it was West Ham fans that had most arrests?

Either way its the only table we shouldnt be pround to be top of.

B_FVWypU4AA7Io_.jpg:large

Great 2-1 in the F.A Cup lads :)

Soby wrote: »
    A small minority of people. Most certainly not fans of club.

28 over 13 seasons. Lets say for arguements sake all home matches.

19 home games over 13 seasons. =247 matches

About 10 million fans

1 in every 357,00 arrested

Every club has it .

Not sure what can be done to be honest to combat it . Guess sadly in some form its always going to be there. Just hopefully in this day and age with technology further incidents can be caught on camera like Paris and the people involved caught and banned

A lot of it goes unnoticed or unreported, not saying its wide spread but it does happen and its hopefully kept to an absolute minimum across all clubs.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    A lot of it goes unnoticed or unreported, not saying its wide spread but it does happen and its hopefully kept to an absolute minimum across all clubs.

Well You'd like to think given recent events if you and your mates are there shouting racist abuse at Drogba me and my mates and the rest of the Shed starting telling you where to go.

Seems to be reports of more racism by us on a train yesterday. Sky News are looking for info from people on twitter. Seems b***x though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Bridge93 wrote: »

Aye as I posted that I seen it on BBC too. Good to see there is mobile footage again anyway. Name,shame and Ban again if it even is chelsea fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

To be honest it doesn't matter if it's true or not, the club and met police are acting so quickly it'll be another 1/2 idiots gotten rid of. It's great that these incidents are being reported, should keep those who come to cause trouble away if they know there's a chance of being caught and also less and less people of the same mindset. Hopefully this cluster of crappy incidents will have a positive effect in the long-run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

The racist thing at Chelsea goes back a long way, but it goes back to a time when societal attitudes outside football grounds weren't that different. "You black [expletive]" inside the ground; Love Thy Neighbour on the telly talking about "nig-nogs" and "sambos". Ugly times generally for race and the Irish weren't immune from comments over there.

I remember long before Combat 18 got in there, you could buy Chelsea National Front t-shirts outside the ground [late 70s, early 80s]. The National Front used to publish a 'league table' of members from each club. Chelsea were top, Millwall usually second. For whatever reason, far-right organizations have always found Chelsea a good recruiting ground. There are certainly dog-rough areas within the Chelsea fan catchment area (White City in the 70s/80s springs to mind), but that's true of a lot of clubs. I think, unfortunately, for a section of the fan base, it's become part of the club's identity, almost part of their fan DNA. Jingoistic and xenophobic. Think the Paris incident was bad? Try the old days, a few thousand Shed Enders singing God Save The Queen while giving a Nazi salute.

By the early 80s, there was almost a schism starting. We were the last club in London to have a black player playing for them - one of the terrace chants was "We're the only white team in London" and I remember a fight breaking out in the away end at Blackburn when Paul Canoville making one of his first appearances. It was between the Chelsea fans giving Paul dog's abuse because he was black, and the Chelsea fans who believed (and this would have been the majority view in fairness) that you never, never turn on your own players.

I expect someone will tell that those days have gone (they have) and that there's no connection with the incidents now (there is). That far-right racist influence never went away completely. I wish it did, but it's always been there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

duploelabs wrote: »

Anti Chelsea media hyped bollix Anti Chelsea media hyped bollix Anti Chelsea media hyped bollix Anti Chelsea media hyped bollix Anti Chelsea media hyped bollix Anti Chelsea media hyped bollix Anti Chelsea media hyped bollix Anti Chelsea media hyped bollix Anti Chelsea media hyped bollix Anti Chelsea media hyped bollix Anti Chelsea media hyped bollix Anti Chelsea media hyped bollix Anti Chelsea media hyped bollix Anti Chelsea media hyped bollix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Soby wrote: »
    Aye as I posted that I seen it on BBC too. Good to see there is mobile footage again anyway. Name,shame and Ban again if it even is chelsea fans

That's it, if people think its funny or vindicated (there's always a few) it will be difficult to eliminate it totally. All they can do is keep banning those they do find.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

We've won 14 Cups since 2004/05 season. That is more than Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and Man City combined in the same period. :)

Lukker- wrote: »
    We've won 14 Cups since 2004/05 season. That is more than Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and Man City combined in the same period. :)

Plastic fans, no history, bought trophies.

Choose one of the above to discredit the statement :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

So fined ST£30k for not controlling the players V Everton, funny how they choose that photo for the web site report.

http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/2015/mar/chelsea-everton-fined-020315?

No FA vendetta?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

So fined ST£30k for not controlling the players V Everton, funny how they choose that photo for the web site report.

http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/2015/mar/chelsea-everton-fined-020315?

No FA vendetta?

Think that sounds a little paranoid, perhaps this is the photo that should have been included....

f0e76fb0-4388-11e4-a505-4d4abf4cb32d_136074441.jpg

So we are looking at Friedel or Green or Ruddy or Gordon if Petr leaves

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11444817/Chelsea-transfer-news-Jose-Mourinho-considers-move-for-Brad-Friedel-aged-44.html

OK Gordon and Ruddy would be OK back ups I guess but Friedel and Green yea right .......

So we are looking at Friedel or Green or Ruddy or Gordon if Petr leaves

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11444817/Chelsea-transfer-news-Jose-Mourinho-considers-move-for-Brad-Friedel-aged-44.html

OK Gordon and Ruddy would be OK back ups I guess but Friedel and Green yea right .......

If we need a decent back up and hes up for it, Guzan should be our option, Villa are only going one way and hes not a bad keeper, certainly better than Villa while not good enough for a top 6 team, a polace n the bench for good money and trophies may appeal to him.

I'd like Ruddy myself, prefer an English #2, top keeper and won't take up a squad space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I'd like Ruddy myself, prefer an English #2, top keeper and won't take up a squad space.

Yep, I'd agree, English being main reason but he's also a decent keeper.

• Advertisement

Lets bring back Turnbull :D

But nah, an English guy willing to sit on the bench is what we need if Cech goes which is very likely, considering hes still an excellent keeper we wont be able to replace him with similar quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Funnily enough I was thinking over the weekend that Cech may just be persuaded to stay, especially if he is given decent run outs. If he stays at CFC he has a real chance of game time in top competitions with real shots at medals. Anyone else think that's a runner?

McDave wrote: »
    Funnily enough I was thinking over the weekend that Cech may just be persuaded to stay, especially if he is given decent run outs. If he stays at CFC he has a real chance of game time in top competitions with real shots at medals. Anyone else think that's a runner?

Its a risky game, when the season starts in the summer he'll be in the last year of his current deal, so unless one is signed in the summer for a 2 year extension or such I think he'll be gone and I'd hope to get money for him if thats the case.

I would like him to stay he'd eventually break the EPL clean sheet record and he'd push Courtois every week for a starting spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

I think they're using him just enough that he'd probably want to stay where he is, but i'd love if the club tried to resign Mata, only this time he realised that he has to defend.
    This happening at a discount price, say 20mil of course. He has unfinished business.

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    I think they're using him just enough that he'd probably want to stay where he is, but i'd love if the club tried to resign Mata, only this time he realised that he has to defend.
    This happening at a discount price, say 20mil of course. He has unfinished business.

Will never happen while Jose is manager and no need for it.

We've upgraded on Matic in terms of the overall package we're getting in Matic and Cesc.

Mata congratulated us on his latest blog, said he still has loads of friends here.

It'll never happen, although with Matic in the team we are better suited to cover his defensive frailties.

I feel sorry for him though, he basically got stuck with a worse version of Mourinho in Van Gaal.

Plays less now than he did at Chelsea, there have been loads of injuries too and he still can't nail down a spot.

I'd say he'll end up back in Spain.

Mata congratulated us on his latest blog, said he still has loads of friends here.

It'll never happen, although with Matic in the team we are better suited to cover his defensive frailties.

I feel sorry for him though, he basically got stuck with a worse version of Mourinho in Van Gaal.

Plays less now than he did at Chelsea, there have been loads of injuries too and he still can't nail down a spot.

I'd say he'll end up back in Spain.

Utd wont make back the money we got from them for Mata. Was annoyed to see him go but with how we play and how we want to play he doesnt fit in really.

Hes not quick enough in the transisation from defending to counter attacking, its no slight on his ability he just doesnt suit our style and by the looks of it , LVG's either.

Its a risky game, when the season starts in the summer he'll be in the last year of his current deal, so unless one is signed in the summer for a 2 year extension or such I think he'll be gone and I'd hope to get money for him if thats the case.

I would like him to stay he'd eventually break the EPL clean sheet record and he'd push Courtois every week for a starting spot.

For the crappy 7 mill the market seems to value him at, I'd be inclined to offer him a raise and hold on to him. Apart from being a brilliant squad option, no-one else would have him either.

Sheepy99 wrote: »

Mata's gone for good. There's no going back.

He won't be forgotten though. He was always liked. Whereas when reading about Sturridge today, I'd forgotten he was a Blue until the article questioned his decisionmaking.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11444395/Daniel-Sturridge-must-adapt-his-game-or-risk-staying-on-Liverpools-bench.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

How did u21's get on ?

• Advertisement

McDave wrote: »
    Mata's gone for good. There's no going back.

He won't be forgotten though. He was always liked. Whereas when reading about Sturridge today, I'd forgotten he was a Blue until the article questioned his decisionmaking.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11444395/Daniel-Sturridge-must-adapt-his-game-or-risk-staying-on-Liverpools-bench.html

Hes only back from injury and their best CF, theres not problem just he needs more time.

Anyway I'm sure the medals he won with us hold some merit for him but another who I couldnt give a toss about, hes been replaced (eventually).

Any player thats been sold has been improved upon.

phobia2011 wrote: »
    How did u21's get on ?

Lost 2-0 to Pool

League is crazy tight though plenty to play for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

welcome to twitter

https://twitter.com/diegocosta

peteeeed wrote: »

Must be someone running that for him, dude cant speak English :pac:

Unless he Google translates everything ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Must be someone running that for him, dude cant speak English :pac:

Unless he Google translates everything ha.

if rick glanvill , chelsea historian follows you , it might be legit :)

Oh its 100% legiut once hes got the old blue tick but it doesnt mean he'll have control over it :P

My God this is quite amazing a positive article about Roman and Chelsea

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2977462/Roman-Abramovich-invested-money-Chelsea-mega-rich-owner-s-passion-brought-European-success.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Best run club in England .......... that will go down well with a few people me thinks ...........

• Advertisement

We're still raving mad racists though so we cant be the best run club in Britain.

Although Roman has employed some very good people to get deals done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Costa is on Twitter now. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

JT will get the new deal according to Joe-say. Long live!!

He's shown zero signs of slowing down this season, hasn't been injured once either.

JT has been helped massively by Matic doing a stellar job ahead of him.

If matic is around theres no need to put JT out to pasture just yet.

Cahill had a good game on Sunday too. Good to see a response from him at least. I think he plays better with Cech in the team, positionally anyway. Cech is certainly more vocal in organising the defense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Cahill had a good game on Sunday too. Good to see a response from him at least. I think he plays better with Cech in the team, positionally anyway. Cech is certainly more vocal in organising the defense.

He did play pretty well actually, good to see the competition for places keeping players on their toes as well as affording opportunities for rests too. Would like to see the same pressure/rests being given to Fabregas next season, I don't think he's been bad but would be good for him to know he's not the only one in the team that can play that role.

Oscar or RLC (maybe) could be pushed into that competition role too, although I don't think that would have the same effect as more senior competition for him.

He did play pretty well actually, good to see the competition for places keeping players on their toes as well as affording opportunities for rests too. Would like to see the same pressure/rests being given to Fabregas next season, I don't think he's been bad but would be good for him to know he's not the only one in the team that can play that role.

Oscar or RLC (maybe) could be pushed into that competition role too, although I don't think that would have the same effect as more senior competition for him.

I agree, I think the intensity Mourinho wants us to play with invariably always works wonders in the first half of the season and we start to tire in the second half and switch to a more defensive set up trying to balance the FA, League Cup and CL.

I think the lack of winter break really affects some of the players condition in the team, a lot of these players would have been used to a month off in the winter. I think it explains the recent failure of English teams in the CL. The knockouts come at a poor time for English teams, straight after a hectic Christmas schedule, where-as the likes of Barca, Munich etc are all well rested and starting to get into top form after 4-5 games.

So it'll definitely help having someone who can rotate in every position. Fabregas finally stepped up a bit vs Spurs. Played some lovely balls to Costa which is what we have been missing. If Fabregas isn't creating than Costa isn't scoring.

We've days off between games after West Ham before the PSG game.

No FA cup is a good thing now, it be nice to win another trophy but if we can win the league it'll be worth it.

Also Matic will be bulling to go once PSG roll around, Southampton too.

We've days off between games after West Ham before the PSG game.

No FA cup is a good thing now, it be nice to win another trophy but if we can win the league it'll be worth it.

Also Matic will be bulling to go once PSG roll around, Southampton too.

Most definitely.

I actually think the FA cup is the one to play the kids in.

It runs much later in the season than the League Cup so will cause more disruption. Our lack of FA cup this season has been a blessing really.

It's easy to see why Ferguson treated it as a second class competition. We are already at a disadvantage because of the lack of a winter break and tough runs in the FA cup only compound things.

Most definitely.

I actually think the FA cup is the one to play the kids in.

It runs much later in the season than the League Cup so will cause more disruption. Our lack of FA cup this season has been a blessing really.

It's easy to see why Ferguson treated it as a second class competition. We are already at a disadvantage because of the lack of a winter break and tough runs in the FA cup only compound things.

If you wanna make a stab at the UCL as well as winning the league then both domestic cup competitions are a distraction.

Having 2 domestic cups and no winter break because of it is tough going.

I'm of the opinion that the FA cup and league cup should have no replays and 2legs should be abandoned in the league cup its a joke really. IF you cut these out it will make the competitions better and more daunting for teams and you'll have less games to play too.

Replays are a scourge.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement