Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Joese BBC interview is an interesting one.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31740095

Players now have 2 days off to rest and recover before getting back at it for the PSG game.

New Costa banner stamping on jamie Redknapp :pac:

B_So51WWwAAU99E.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Huge win, keep thinking about the league title, 5 points with a game in hand, We're gonna win the league!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Joese BBC interview is an interesting one.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31740095

Good to hear, was a very tough game, bullet dodged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Huge win, keep thinking about the league title, 5 points with a game in hand, We're gonna win the league!!!

calm down , city still favourites ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

was at noel gallagher pissing everyone around me off constantly checking the score on my phone , huge win . this generations blackburn by the sounds of it

article-0-021906590000044D-954_468x286.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

peteeeed wrote: »
    was at noel gallagher pissing everyone around me off constantly checking the score on my phone , huge win . this generations blackburn by the sounds of it

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

the_monkey wrote: »
    ?

1-0 when the players threw the jerseys into the crowd , the first year we won the premier league

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »
    1-0 when the players threw the jerseys into the crowd , the first year we won the premier league

Jose said it last night they played like brothers, when the chips were down we got the job done.

I remember the blackburn game well, it was a real war in horrible conditions, Cech saved a very late penalty too.

The game last night could be pivotal when we get to May and where the championship ultimately ends up, hopefully it gives the players some belief that they can do it ugly as well as blowing teams away.

11 league games, 1 UCL game left at the very least, 12 huge games coming up, maybe 14, could be 16, might even be 17 with one last game in June ;)

Right now I'd take the league, a domestic title has been far too long coming for this team.

the_monkey wrote: »
    calm down , city still favourites ...

We're huge favourites at this stage id say

TimRiggins wrote: »
    We're huge favourites at this stage id say

Even if we're crowned champs, Monkey will still say City are favourites :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Mourinho on Loftus Cheek:
    "I had Ruben Loftus-Cheek on the bench and I have to say that, in my opinion, next year, this kid will be a big surprise in the Premier League," Mourinho said.

"This season, if I was not playing for the title and if we were not playing with the pressure we have when you are playing for the title, this kid would already be on the pitch.

"But it's step-by-step and today was again a day for (Kurt) Zouma to help John (Terry) and (Gary) Cahill in a game when (Diafra) Sakho and (Enner) Valencia are very difficult opponents."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Is cahil getting back into form ? He played well in the final and had an decent enough game last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭weiland79

Yes lads don't forget humility is key. Remember the pool fools singing about winning the league last year and what happened there :)
    ' there's only one demba ba, there's only one demba ba, one demba ba, there's only one demba ba! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,847 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Is cahil getting back into form ? He played well in the final and had an decent enough game last night

one swallow does not a summer make

I had a jig around on this site :

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/calc.php

To calculate results, its not fool proof but you can predict the results of whatever teams you want.

I've had a go for the last 10/15 mins and I've come up with

Chelsea 92
    City 88
    Arsenal 83
    Pool 82
    Utd 81

I'd take that right now.

weiland79 wrote: »
    Yes lads don't forget humility is key. Remember the pool fools singing about winning the league last year and what happened there :)
    ' there's only one demba ba, there's only one demba ba, one demba ba, there's only one demba ba! :)

I know, I'm just so excited though, it's been 5 horrible years!

I think that dea is months in the making.

I'm sure he was being touted around last summer.

• Advertisement

The youth team are taking on spurs in the 1st leg of the semi final of the youth cup today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Read somewhere Messi leads the most dribbles completed table and guess who's second and only four dribbles behind him.
    Azzzzzzzzardaaaaaaaaahhhh

I think the fact he now knows he can and will be dropped has lit a fire under him, TBH, its good for the squad to have the competition.

All of them apart from Cesc, Hazard, Costa, Matic and JT can and will be dropped and replaced if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

The youth team are taking on spurs in the 1st leg of the semi final of the youth cup today.

it's on ITV4, looking forward to it.

Johner wrote: »
    it's on ITV4, looking forward to it.

Should be a good game alright. This group is pretty talented.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I had a jig around on this site :

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/calc.php

To calculate results, its not fool proof but you can predict the results of whatever teams you want.

I've had a go for the last 10/15 mins and I've come up with

Chelsea 92
    City 88
    Arsenal 83
    Pool 82
    Utd 81

I'd take that right now.

I think City have a slightly easier run in than us.

I'm hoping we have the league wrapped up before we take on Liverpool in the 3rd last game.

They will be out for blood, probably be the biggest game of the year for them (cute) and they will certainly want to do to us what we did to them last year.

Lukker- wrote: »

I'm hoping we have the league wrapped up before we take on Liverpool in the 3rd last game.

They will be out for blood, probably be the biggest game of the year for them (cute) and they will certainly want to do to us what we did to them last year.

Even if its not wrapped up by then leicester and palace are the games before that and weve west brom and sunderland after.

In those 5 games id be confident of at least 10 points from them which should be enough.

I think wel have it won after the 2nd last game of the season (west brom is it). We have utd and arsenal still , its possible we could come out of them games with no points, id expect 4 points but **** happens

EDIT: I forgot about liverpool , very likely a loss or a draw imo

I think wel have it won after the 2nd last game of the season (west brom is it). We have utd and arsenal still , its possible we could come out of them games with no points, id expect 4 points but **** happens

EDIT: I forgot about liverpool , very likely a loss or a draw imo

Pfffft Pool at the Bridge ;)

Easy 3 points.

Pfffft Pool at the Bridge ;)

Easy 3 points.

I taught pool was at anfield no?

• Advertisement

I taught pool was at anfield no?

We beat them there in October/November

2-1, Can deflected goal gave them the lead.

Cahill scored an equaliser about 4 mins later and Costa with the winner ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

GavRedKing wrote:
    Chelsea 92 City 88 Arsenal 83 Pool 82 Utd 81

That's City winning every game though, on paper yes they should but realistically they wont

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Champions League progression and injury to key players is all that could stop us now IMO

That's City winning every game though, on paper yes they should but realistically they wont

I think if they want to win the title they'll have to win 9 of the 10 at least and hope we drop points.
    Champions League progression and injury to key players is all that could stop us now IMO

Theres no reason we cant go far in the UCL and win the league but it would take a huge effort.

If we get past PSG it realy depends on the draw.

Right now its likely that the last 8 will be
    Chelsea/PSG, Barca, Real, Bayern, Juventus/Dortmund, Bayer/Ateltico, Monaco, Porto/Basel.

Tewams in bold I'd expect to get through in their tough games.

Theres a few sides I'd fancy out of that group, I'd be confident we'd take Juve or Dortmund, Bayer or Atletico, Monaco and Porto or Basel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Panthro wrote: »
    Read somewhere Messi leads the most dribbles completed table and guess who's second and only four dribbles behind him.
    Azzzzzzzzardaaaaaaaaahhhh

I might be wrong here but I think if it wasn't for his game against City Messi would be well down the pecking order. Well, Hazard would be ahead of him anyway. City scored a spectacular tactical own goal in that game. Mind you, it was nothing like Arsenals. :pac:
    If we get past PSG it realy depends on the draw.
    Would love to see Pep and Jose go at it again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Jose said it last night they played like brothers, when the chips were down we got the job done.

I remember the blackburn game well, it was a real war in horrible conditions, Cech saved a very late penalty too.

The game last night could be pivotal when we get to May and where the championship ultimately ends up, hopefully it gives the players some belief that they can do it ugly as well as blowing teams away.

11 league games, 1 UCL game left at the very least, 12 huge games coming up, maybe 14, could be 16, might even be 17 with one last game in June ;)

Right now I'd take the league, a domestic title has been far too long coming for this team.
    Penalty save was in the first half :P
    Allowed him to set what was a record at the time for consecutive minutes without conceding a goal

Turtwig wrote: »

Would love to see Pep and Jose go at it again. :)

Would be an interesting game alright. Id prefer an easier game myself. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭dersawazzie

Hey all first post in the soccer forum, a long time blues fan. Used to stand in the shed when we were rubbish. Often about 5000 at the bridge, sometimes even less. I'm nuts about our club, but not blinkered, being a fan doesn't excuse stupidity in any form in my eyes.

I hope to contribute plenty in what hopefully will become a tremendous season for us.

KTBFFH

Lukker- wrote: »

I'd prefer if it was the potential title clincher. A real classic of a game that goes down to the final minutes, with a jammy goal clinching the title.

• Advertisement

Don't mind them getting knocked out of Europe as long as it doesn't jeopardise the league like last year.

Also welcome to out new poster. Like anywhere, when it's good it's good. when it's bad, well you know the rest :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Another goal for Salah.

Just happen to be wearing my Fiorentina jersey. Say whatever about the difference in standard of league but with the way he's played since he went on loan, he's shown he's got the ability in there.

whatever the club ends up doing with him, they can't sell him, unless it's more milllllllionssss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Hey all first post in the soccer forum, a long time blues fan. Used to stand in the shed when we were rubbish. Often about 5000 at the bridge, sometimes even less. I'm nuts about our club, but not blinkered, being a fan doesn't excuse stupidity in any form in my eyes.

I hope to contribute plenty in what hopefully will become a tremendous season for us.

KTBFFH

Welcome to the asylum!

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Just happen to be wearing my Fiorentina jersey. Say whatever about the difference in standard of league but with the way he's played since he went on loan, he's shown he's got the ability in there.

whatever the club ends up doing with him, they can't sell him, unless it's more milllllllionssss

Well hes going to have to be special to be kept as hes over 21 and would take a squad slit.

If we got close to what we paid id be delighted a few million peofit would be exceptional.

Chelsea's u18 have been really shít, 2-0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭dersawazzie

The thing with those u-18 games is when I watch them it seems like every attack can end with a goal. So still fancy us to go through with the 2nd leg to come.

Salahs 2 goals put outJuventus.

Sign him up :pac:

I hope we get Juventus in the UCL if Salah is tearing them apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

Salahs 2 goals put outJuventus.

Sign him up :pac:

I hope we get Juventus in the UCL if Salah is tearing them apart.

He's doing well for himself in fairness.

brevity wrote: »
    He's doing well for himself in fairness.

Hes a good player needs to play reguarly to get to the level hes shown before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

Hes a good player needs to play reguarly to get to the level hes shown before.

Ya, would have been tough to break into the Chelsea team tbh. I'm not sure he has the qualities that Mourinho looks for in a player though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement