Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Personally think the Drog has reached the end of the road would love to see him given a shot with us.

We need to keep Didier at the club though in some capacity....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Bamford scores again last night for 10 man 'Boro against Brum so pop quiz where for our Patrick next season?

Personally think the Drog has reached the end of the road would love to see him given a shot with us.

Bamford was cheap and hes young and English we could sell him and make a small profit, probably 3-4million.

Hes not shy off a 1 in 2 record in the Championship/League 1 but I'm not sure if he'll be trusted to be our 3rd choice CF.

I'd probably prefer if Solanke was given a chance too but I reckon he'll be loaned out next year.

GavRedKing wrote:
    Hes not shy off a 1 in 2 record in the Championship/League 1 but I'm not sure if he'll be trusted to be our 3rd choice CF.

Didier and Remy have started a few games this season... including United away and City home... imagine being left needing to play Bamford in a game like that...

No thanks he ain't showing he's good enough yet

Didier and Remy have started a few games this season... including United away and City home... imagine being left needing to play Bamford in a game like that...

No thanks he ain't showing he's good enough yet

Depends on what Leicester do with Kramaric, the dude we were meant to be in for, hes scored his only Leicester goal away to Arsenal.

Think Leicestger paid nearly 10million for him so if he does move on he'll be more expenisve than Remy with no guarntee he'll be an upgrade.

TBH I think we need another elite CF, look at Utd and City, theyve got CFs galore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I'd rather Bamford than Solanke at this stage, he's shown it in competitive football in a tough league. I think it's worth risking the 3rd spot on him tbh, Remy could have easily played the games Drogba has this year leaving the 3rd spot as a luxury for us. I can't see any other way of bringing young talent through?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Boro will get promoted this season, so Bamford should just be re-loaned to them next season. It'll be whats absolutely best for his development, he seems settled there. If he has a strong season we can move on from there. It'll just stunt his development if we bring him back next season to sit on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

For me we will need another CF next season (and fully agree as well the Drog should be kept in some capacity but under no circumstances should that be as a player). The progression of Bamford has been very steady be it MK Dons, Derby or 'Boro he has played well and scored goals.

We will have Costa and Remy could we afford to have Patrick as back up he will be just on 22 when next season starts so I would say yea he is getting to the age he should be able to do a job. He can have a run out in the Charity Shield and the Super Cup early season to see if he cuts the mustard :D:D:D

For me we will need another CF next season (and fully agree as well the Drog should be kept in some capacity but under no circumstances should that be as a player). The progression of Bamford has been very steady be it MK Dons, Derby or 'Boro he has played well and scored goals.

We will have Costa and Remy could we afford to have Patrick as back up he will be just on 22 when next season starts so I would say yea he is getting to the age he should be able to do a job. He can have a run out in the Charity Shield and the Super Cup early season to see if he cuts the mustard :D:D:D

:eek: :P

• Advertisement

Good, hopefully theyre f**ked out for good if theyre found to have been invovled in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Apparently Anelka has been bending Pogba's ear to encourage a move to Chelsea. #PogbaWatch

He also encouraged Madrid too. As long as he doesn't end up with another club in England(city being the only chance) then it's grand.

Costa has played 20 times since November 1st. Scored 8 goals.

Before that he scored 9 goals in his 9 games.

He has certainly slowed down from the start of the season

I think I mentioned in the match thread or here the other night that I thought he had a terrible game. Even now I still think he hasn't been great(in general, as opposed to in comparison to earlier form) since the start of the season, turn of the year moreso. He tends not to do much for a lot of games. even in that Liverpool game where he was hailed a hero, all he had going for him was the pushing and shoving against people, he had 2 or 3 chances that I thought he should have done far better with(perhaps harsh, but at this level he needs to be making the most of what he gets).

Hopefully the rest due to the ban has sorted him out, could have just lacked sharpness in Tuesday's game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    He also encouraged Madrid too. As long as he doesn't end up with another club in England(city being the only chance) then it's grand.

He's been at so many clubs he'll just end up confusing the lad!

• Advertisement

(Without any logical reasoning) I have a gut feeling that Spurs will win the upcoming final.

Would be great if they got a trouncing though, imagine 4-0. With the way José plays i'd say that's almost an impossibility.

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    (Without any logical reasoning) I have a gut feeling that Spurs will win the upcoming final.

Would be great if they got a trouncing though, imagine 4-0. With the way José plays i'd say that's almost an impossibility.

I'd take any win TBH, a final will be hard to call, cant see a trouncing on the score board but if we dominate and win 2-0 I'd be as happy as if we won 3 +

Get that first trophy in the bag and hopefully add a league title in May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Good news for us is Spurs didn't go for the kill in their Europa league game, yeah they've a London derby at the weekend but the 2nd leg of EL is 3 days before the cup final interesting what team they'll put out in Florence as they'll risk coming up short in 2 comps possibly (we hope)

Times reporting Jose will get a new desl soon. TBH its expected, hes got 2 years left on his current one that ends june 2017.

Get it done Roman.

Good news for us is Spurs didn't go for the kill in their Europa league game, yeah they've a London derby at the weekend but the 2nd leg of EL is 3 days before the cup final interesting what team they'll put out in Florence as they'll risk coming up short in 2 comps possibly (we hope)

1-1 tonight was it? The europa league winners get a ucl slot id say pool spurs and everton will all be hoping to win it.

Good for us is weve a week off after Burnley to get ready for spurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

GavRedKing wrote: »
    1-1 tonight was it? The europa league winners get a ucl slot id say pool spurs and everton will all be hoping to win it.

Good for us is weve a week off after Burnley to get ready for spurs.

Indeed ya 1-1 tonight with Spurs being at home :)

Indeed ya 1-1 tonight with Spurs being at home :)

The all important away goal for fiorentina. :)

Theyll have to for it so in italy....extra time and penos would be nice for us. Either way theyre back late thursday night, early friday.

Not great prep for a final.

That's great for us, we've got a free week before the final haven't we?

That's great for us, we've got a free week before the final haven't we?

Ya, Burnel saturday then weve spurs 8 days later for the final.

We'll also have a game in hand on city as our leicester game gets rescheduled.

New deal for Mou in the summer is good news.

Saw an interview on ESPN with Gab Marcott, he says 5 players were unwell before the PSG game and that's why they didn't train. Ivanovic, Fabregas, Oscar, Hazard and Azpilicueta I think.

He says our slump in form is down to player fatigue and our thin squad. We have breaks in between our games coming up so hopefully we can get back up to speed.

The only thing that is frustrating me is that the fringe players don't seem fully integrated into the system. I'm hoping we can rotate better in the league but it doesn't look likely, Jose has his core that he trusts and when he eventually calls on other guys to step in they don't seem to earn his trust.

I hope City progress too, because they have a similar problem to ours, small squad who rely on key players. If they continue into the deeper rounds of the CL they'll be as equally spread thin as us.

Ill be surprised if city stop Barca. Neymar and Messi are on fire now and will take something special to make sure city go through.

I hope they do though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Ill be surprised if city stop Barca. Neymar and Messi are on fire now and will take something special to make sure city go through.

I hope they do though.

some sort of mass brawl involving injuries will do me :)

Have a feeling City will be all out to do well in CL as their record is quite poor in it. To be taken seriously you need to reach quarters, semis and finals on a regular basis. For the wonderful squad they have they have underachieved in the CL and I expect them to beat Barca if Aguero is fit and firing.

Barca are an attacking team but when concentrated City are very strong in defence and can score against anyone.

peteeeed wrote: »

I wouldnt wish injury on a player, rather win the league fair and square really, give people no excuses when the medals are being handed out in May then. :pac:

Ah no injuries but a six month ban from all football for Toure, Kompany, Aguero, Silva and Nasri would be fine along with Messi, Neymar and Suarez

• Advertisement

Ah no injuries but a six month ban from all football for Toure, Kompany, Aguero, Silva and Nasri would be fine along with Messi, Neymar and Suarez

So doping bans all round?

Hopefully Messi isnt banned, we need him for August.

So doping bans all round?

Hopefully Messi isnt banned, we need him for August.

Ah not really we will have Bamford for the Charity Shield and Super Cup

Ah not really we will have Bamford for the Charity Shield and Super Cup

We'll have Varane and Pogba, we'll be ok :)

Lukker- wrote: »
    New deal for Mou in the summer is good news.

Saw an interview on ESPN with Gab Marcott, he says 5 players were unwell before the PSG game and that's why they didn't train. Ivanovic, Fabregas, Oscar, Hazard and Azpilicueta I think.

He says our slump in form is down to player fatigue and our thin squad. We have breaks in between our games coming up so hopefully we can get back up to speed.

The only thing that is frustrating me is that the fringe players don't seem fully integrated into the system. I'm hoping we can rotate better in the league but it doesn't look likely, Jose has his core that he trusts and when he eventually calls on other guys to step in they don't seem to earn his trust.

I hope City progress too, because they have a similar problem to ours, small squad who rely on key players. If they continue into the deeper rounds of the CL they'll be as equally spread thin as us.

It was similar with our 05 team too, the main players held their positions well all year with just a few rotating unless there were injuries forcing his hand. We have plenty of talent in the squad, got to put some faith in the kids late on in games too I think.

Brendan giving us the lolz on this Friday.

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/story/rodgers-this-liverpool-side-could-have-won-champions-league-021915

So last years team, or Suarez FC could have won it and this team might have won too if they had no been k/o'd.

Hes a decent manager but jaysus thats waffle.

Arsenal away on Sunday and then Leicester away on Wednesday :eek:

Leicester game will be game number 34, way too early for a title celebration.

I reckon if we win the title it will after the Liverpool game, game number 36.

jose's press conf in under way

' the people involved in the Paris incident are not Chelsea. '

Jose supports the idea of the victim coming to one of our games.so he can feel what Chelsea is really about.

he is sure the Chelsea dressing room has always been one with big principles, and the players reacted the same way he did.

from the first minute it found out about the Paris incident, the club is doing absolutely everything it could about it.

"We feel ashamed, but I refuse to feel connected with these people. I love #Chelsea and know what we represent."

"I don't believe that black people think about not coming to Stamford Bridge this weekend. They know what our club is about.

our club has no place for these kind of people.

"I felt ashamed when I knew what happened but, I repeat, I'm a proud Chelsea manager and I know what this club is."

he feels ashamed to be connected with the incident and apologises to the gentleman. The club is writing to do the same.
    The man that was abused and his family have been invited by the club in a letter to attend the home Paris match.

John Terry accepts after a certain age players are given one-year contracts and accepts the challenge.

JT won the challenge last season and he is winning the challenge this season

"John Terry has signed so many contracts I can give him a plastic pen"

he himself wants to stay at Chelsea but does not need a new contract just now

"I have 2 more years, I want to stay, I'm not waiting for offers, I won't give any space for interest of other clubs."

about knowing Luis Figo from an early age & he's proud a good friend reaches the level of FIFA presidency candidate.

Mikel is still out and will be for another two weeks minimum. He has no other fitness concerns.

Hazard is lucky to be fit following the 'really dangerous' fouls he suffered in Paris.

Hazard is difficult to stop but the challenges at the moment are crossing the line

it is up to the authorities to do something about the challenges on Hazard if they wish to do so

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I think Jose handled the presser very well and the gesture to the guy to come as a special guest is spot on. Bit of a kick in the balls to the culprits to see him paraded at the bridge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Fair play to Chelsea for how they handled this

GavRedKing wrote:
    I wouldnt wish injury on a player, rather win the league fair and square really, give people no excuses when the medals are being handed out in May then. 

History will only remember the year and winner's name though

GavRedKing wrote:
    I reckon if we win the title it will after the Liverpool game, game number 36.

I'm terrified of this game... wouldn't it just be typical football if Liverpool get revenge a year on from us ruining the title on them last season...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

So great, 2 months with a poxy game in hand ... I hate games in hand .. don-t know why they don't sort them out before the reason for the delay..like they do in EVERY other league in Europe

I'm terrified of this game... wouldn't it just be typical football if Liverpool get revenge a year on from us ruining the title on them last season...

If we're in big bame mode we'll be get the result we need at all costs.

I'd prefer if it was wrapped up before that Liverpool game but if we do lose, our last two games are away to WBA and home to Sunderland, you'd think if we have to win those, we'll claim wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

What big games have we left , utd and liverpool at home and arsenal away isnt it ? Who have city got left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

History will only remember the year and winner's name though

but we remember the slip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

2 more people suspended

The club are actually coming out of this with credit, tremendous crisis management it must be said.

Well done to all involved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

The club are actually coming out of this with credit, tremendous crisis management it must be said.

Well done to all involved

It's great (and unusual) that the club actually come out of it doing nothing that can be criticised for once.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement