Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canyon speedmax

Options
  • 12-02-2015 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Speedmax 8.0 for 1499 11speed 105
    Is this the best value tri bike out there ??
    All I need is a nice set of wheels and im good rite...
    im in the market for my first tri bike...I was after a p2 but do I really need to go for that I know the p2 is different class but whats out there for 2k
    so anyone got one any good

https://www.canyon.com/en/triathlonbikes/bike.html?b=3688

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

if long and low is what you want very hard to beat and only set of wheels is 400 euro to buy ( if this is your first year with an latex tube and conties 4000s this is a very solid race wheel)
    fuji norman if you find a last year model at good price will give you a faster bike for 2 grand ( higher stack and shorter reach)
    there is a few on ebay germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭ray o

If this is your first bike you should take on board what Peter says and pay attention to the Stack & Reach numbers of each frameset. Those numbers will help you choose between a long and low or a short & high frameset.

Ideally you should choose the bike based on what will get you the best fit. I would suggest that most AG's getting their first bike would be better suited to one that is short and high. Most of the midrange bikes are very adjustable these days to allow you get a decent position regardless of the S&R numbers (Felt being one) but the likes of Cervelo & Specialized have made the move to geometries that are more tall and short in recent years.

Above advice is based on two much time on the interweb and not professional experience. :)

Advertisement