Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What am I doing wrong?

Options
  • 12-02-2015 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

I'm using an ego twist type battery and a janty clearo clearomizer. I changed the liquid tonight and I now have the distinct taste of day old ashtray. I figured maybe it's time to change the coil (after only one week of usage), so did that plus gave the clearo a rinse under the tap and dried it, but that day old ashtray tinge is still there.

So what am i doing wrong please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

You probably need a new coil (the atomiser head). Buy some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Buy better gear too.
    Cleap clearomiser = cheap performance.
    You battery is grand for a starter but try a better atomiser.
    Ego sized ones I rate would be Kanger Protank 3 mini, aerotank mini, aspire do something decent aswell.
    All are older devices so should be cheap as chips, especially online.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

Doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong tbh. You could have been unlucky and got a dodgy coil to put in after your other one died but those jantys are pretty good usually, as good as any other ego-style clearo. If its the top coil ones, make sure you're tipping it up to keep the wick wet and if its the bottom coil make sure you get it saturated before using it first (take a few good long pulls without firing to draw liquid inside the head).

It could just be a hangover from the bad taste of the previous coil and the clearo, esp mouthpiece, might need more of a thorough cleaning to get rid of it - take it apart and sit it in boiled water for a while/a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Gez69

accaguest wrote: »
    It could just be a hangover from the bad taste of the previous coil and the clearo, esp mouthpiece, might need more of a thorough cleaning to get rid of it - take it apart and sit it in boiled water for a while/a few times.

Thanks, I think this must have been the case as that bad taste seems to have gone now. Will give it a more thorough clean next time.

I'm usually happy with this Janty Clearo thing so I'm gong to stick with it for the time being, at least until my pack of spare coils are all used up.

Thanks for all the advice guys, much appreciated.

Advertisement