Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness Hop House 13 - what's the deal?

1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

dinneenp wrote: »
    it may not sell.
    But in this case it seems to be doing quite well. It would be daft to start selling it cheaper.
    it seems that it's competing against craft beers price wise, looks wise (in offies).
    I'm sure that was the intention. I wrote a bit about the launch event a few years ago here. If you listen to the start of the audio bit, it explains the rationale. Diageo seems to mainly use the vicious undercutting tactic with brands they don't own: Carlsberg, Bud, Tuborg. They're fairly protective of the margin on their own stuff.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Hope it's OK to post in old thread. I like this compared to Heineken but it annoys me that it's €3.10 (or 4 for €10) in offies when it's brewed by Guinness. Hard to justify this price imho.

Grand and all as it is, there's absolutely no sense in being brand-loyal when it comes to macro-lagers.

There are lots of other similarly-decent options from Germany, Czech Republic, Poland etc widely available in offies these days and regularly on offer.

The price-point HH13 is sold at is a core part of the marketing strategy setting it out as a 'premium' offering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭dinneenp

BeerNut wrote: »
    But in this case it seems to be doing quite well. It would be daft to start selling it cheaper.

I'm sure that was the intention. I wrote a bit about the launch event a few years ago here. If you listen to the start of the audio bit, it explains the rationale. Diageo seems to mainly use the vicious undercutting tactic with brands they don't own: Carlsberg, Bud, Tuborg. They're fairly protective of the margin on their own stuff.

Hi,

I read you blog post and tried Smithwicks Blonde- it's a bit plain I found.
    Cheers,
    Pa.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Can't say you weren't warned :)

Advertisement