Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Chemistry help ASAP

• 12-02-2015 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Fossil fuels are a non-renewable resource and they will eventually run out. Hydrogen is predicted by many as the fuel of the future. State two ways of making hydrogen on a large scale and write an equation to illustrate one of these reactions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Keepout007

Alcohols can be obtained by the reduction of aldehydes and ketones using hydrogen and a suitable catalyst. Name the catalyst used in these reduction reactions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

Keepout007 wrote: »
    Alcohols can be obtained by the reduction of aldehydes and ketones using hydrogen and a suitable catalyst. Name the catalyst used in these reduction reactions.

Nickel catalyst I believe, could be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Um ... shouldn't these be covered in your texts?

Or are you just looking for someone to do your homework for you and save you opening the book? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Keepout007

Um ... shouldn't these be covered in your texts?

Or are you just looking for someone to do your homework for you and save you opening the book? ;)

i cant find it in my book

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jczm2467

Fossil fuels are a non-renewable resource and they will eventually run out. Hydrogen is predicted by many as the fuel of the future. State two ways of making hydrogen on a large scale and write an equation to illustrate one of these reactions.[/quote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Katie97123

Fossil fuels are a non-renewable resource and they will eventually run out. Hydrogen is predicted by many as the fuel of the future. State two ways of making hydrogen on a large scale and write an equation to illustrate one of these reactions.
    I think its production of ammonia and steam reforming >> CH4+H20=CO+3H2. It should be in chapter 21 of organic chrmistry, after the octane number of fuels I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

Katie97123 wrote: »
    I think its production of ammonia and steam reforming >> CH4+H20=CO+3H2. It should be in chapter 21 of organic chrmistry, after the octane number of fuels I think!

Electrolysis of water as well. H2O>H2+halfO2

Advertisement