Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

amd fx next day delivery

Options
  • 12-02-2015 2:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭

my fx 6100 has given up the ghost

is there anywhere that i can order a replacement and have it on Friday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

dunworth1 wrote: »
    my fx 6100 has given up the ghost

is there anywhere that i can order a replacement and have it on Friday?

pixmania do next day I think ? You will pay for it though !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭N64

I did the following last time my SSD packed up and it works out cheap enough (€4.00) , especially considering you will get the item next day.

1) Sign up for Parcel motel (if you don't have a account already) http://www.parcelmotel.com/
    2) Sign up for a 30 day free trail of amazon prime (https://www.amazon.com/gp/prime/pipeline/signup)
    3)Enter the NI parcel motel address (don't forget to include your PMID!) on amazon. Instructions can be found here.
    4) Place this in your basket (they don't have the fx 6100 in stock, but the 6300 is more powerful), select the NI address to dispatch to and select guaranteed next day delivery as the delivery option.
    5) Collect the parcel tomorrow!

Amazon also have a official next day delivery method without all that setup, but it costs €20 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

N64 wrote: »
    I did the following last time my SSD packed up and it works out cheap enough (€4.00) , especially considering you will get the item next day.

Amazon also have a official next day delivery method without all that setup, but it costs €20 :o

right sir i have just ordered using your diabolical scheme :cool:

main reason i want it so fast is because i book monday and tuesday off work to get in some solid gaming
    the extra few quid will be worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭N64

One thing about that amazon free trail is that it automatically renews. you can cancel the rest of your subscription now and it won't effect anything though :)

right so it has shipped out

will update when i get it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Were you sure that it was the CPU? They very seldom break. It's usually something else.

Monotype wrote: »
    Were you sure that it was the CPU? They very seldom break. It's usually something else.

yep after two replacement motherboards i managed to get a loan of an old Athlon processor and everything works away.

update on the delivery: parcel motel have it and its in transit
    so should have it either tonight or in the morning

weekend of gaming saved :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

dunworth1 wrote: »
    yep after two replacement motherboards i managed to get a loan of an old Athlon processor and everything works away.

update on the delivery: parcel motel have it and its in transit
    so should have it either tonight or in the morning

weekend of gaming saved :)

Phew been keeping an eye on this,was tense. like waiting to hear if a loved one was on that plane that disappeared. glad it all worked out. See you on the flipside.

final update on this it arrived in my parcel motel box last night at 2am collected this morning and am back up and running

Advertisement