Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning our Honeymoon!

Options
  • 12-02-2015 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭

Getting married September 2016 and getting started on our honeymoon early! Our current plan is to fly into Washington - 2 nights there and then drive down the East Coast through Virginia, Carolina etc. Having cities and beach days.

Can you still visit the FBI offices/Quantico? I know you used to be able to but can't find any information on it. We are huge Patricia Cornwell, James Patterson, Criminal Minds etc fans so would love to see 'where it all happens' so to speak.

Myrtle Beach is definitely a stop off point and into Georgia. Not really sure where to finish off. Any suggestions of things we really should see on our way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭yew_tree

I have never been but Savannah, Georgia is supposed to be a beautiful city. I am sure there are people here who will be able to give you plenty of info.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭obriendj

I was in Savannah its a very nice town but smallish so a day there is plenty.

If you are in Virginia, checked out Williamsburg there is a colonial area there and a also a Busch garden theme park with a Irish themed section (well there was 15 years ago) it sounds tacky and it is but a bit of fun. There is also a water park nearby.

Hilton head in South Carolina is also quite nice

However all of these tourist places might be quiet if visiting after Labour day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

Don't miss Charleston, SC.
    Myrtle Beach? A bit like like Jersey Shore, there are way better spots. For example Tybee Island, St. Simons, Jekyll, Isle of Palms. You really want to see something remote, try Cumberland Is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Thanks folks. Thats exactly the kind of information that we are looking for!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Have to second Charleston and Savannah, two beautiful spots.Hilton Head is also a great spot if you want some beach action with some great resorts. If you plan on going further south into Northern Florida I can't recommend St. Augustinne high enough. One of the most beautiful places I've visited with great restaurants and bars. Could easily spend a few days there relaxing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Dave1442397

I too would skip Myrtle Beach. We spent a week there on a family vacation, and while it's great for families, I don't think it would hold much appeal for newlyweds.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭gaillimh

Spent 3 nights in Charleston last summer.It really is a lovely place to spend a few days in.
    Highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭whitey1

charleston Place Hotel-one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in

http://www.yelp.com/biz/belmond-charleston-place-charleston

Advertisement