Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for help translating German War Documents

Options
  • 12-02-2015 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi, I have a Testimony of a member of the Ist WSS Panzer- Division, it consists of about 6 pages in his own handwriting in German of allegations against comrades for actions during the battle of the Bulge and on the EF. The writing is quite easy to read (I can make out a lot of it) but I need someone fluent in German who is willing to help with:

1. The transcript (typed) of one page into German - I have three quarters of this page done but I'd like help in correcting and finishing it.(I have the English version of this one already)

2. To double check another page that has been already translated into English and make sure there was nothing left out.

3. To type the translation of another 4 pages into English.

I'm posting it here in case someone has an interest in this type of thing, if I get no joy - I'll try my luck on the 'German' language forum. There is no payment I fear, just hoping it may interest someone enough who has the time to help - if that's you, can you PM me pls. !

Thanks

C

Advertisement