Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fiorentina next Tursday

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Annoying thing is if we win on sun we end up in this stupid competition again next yr, it's a curse

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

mickman wrote: »
    Is lamela brain dead ?

Guarantee he'll start on Sunday too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Deise Vu wrote: »
    I don't understand the doom and gloom here. You cannot play possession football unless you have a forward who can deliver the end product. Otherwise you are only passing it around until you lose the ball, almost inevitably when you are caught square.
    With Kane up front Spurs are transformed. I suspect Soldado will wake up on Saturday and find a lotto ticket he bought in Claremorris three months ago.
    The positives from this is bye bye Europa league (7 more matches after tonight!) and at the moment Liverpool are heading to extra time in their fixture. What's not to like?

The doom and gloom is that we are watching our team gifting the opposition two bloody goals, I am sorry if we are not allowed to be pissed off with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Thank God that's over. Well done Fiorentina, it didn't take much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭abff

Same old same old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

In the end am not annoyed at being eliminated, it is how we went out that would piss you off. I hate the way we concede so many stupid goals from individual errors :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Awful awful mistakes, terrible outcome after a good first half performance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

All the other games we played in this comp seems so pointless now,I mean we get this far and on the night of the most important game in it we can't even put out our strongest team..feck it roll on Sunday,we're due a good performance :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I wasn't surprised we lost. A final at Wembley Sunday is probably the biggest thing on the minds of our young squad. I feel relieved its over. Pity it didn't end long ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Awful awful mistakes, terrible outcome after a good first half performance

Our two centre halves gifted them goals and soldados miss cost us dearly

There is 40 million worth of talent right there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

oppiuy wrote: »
    I just so sick of watching us...the arsenal and Chelsea games have really papered over the huge holes...We have been rubbish for 2 years now...

Chelsea will stuff us on Sunday

Complete heat of the moment over-reaction. Ah to be a Spurs fan...

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

I have to ask who is responsible for coaching our defenders and how does he sleep at night?

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    I wasn't surprised we lost. A final at Wembley Sunday is probably the biggest thing on the minds of our young squad. I feel relieved its over. Pity it didn't end long ago.

Someone speaking sense.

That result tonight is not the end of the world, it's the start of the rest of our season.

It's very hard to play in the 'second string' eleven, your confidence is dented by just being picked. While the players who were picked who will be playing on Sunday just want to get through the game without picking up a knock.

Some people will come back and say "how come United could compete in big European games before a cup final?"

Answer - because they were playing in European games people gave a sh*t about. European games that were bigger than the domestic league cup final.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Complete heat of the moment over-reaction. Ah to be a Spurs fan...

Not at all.. We have been absolutely dreadfully. Eriksen bailing us out with some last minute winners putting us prob 10 points better off than we deserve.

oppiuy wrote: »
    Not at all.. We have been absolutely dreadfully. Eriksen bailing us out with some last minute winners putting us prob 10 points better off than we deserve.

I'm not complaining about what you said, I've done it many times myself.

Though it's hard to call this a bad season. Reaching a cup final. Hammering Chelsea. Playing Arsenal off the park. Four wins and a draw from seven since Christmas. Having the courage to come back from losing positions and win. All this in yet another 'year of transition'.

PLUS, we're out of the Europa League now, if we show our post-Christmas form we can really push for 3rd or 4th.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's how we lost that has me so pissed off. Schoolboy errors time and time again, even when we are in control of games. We won't win anything unless that changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Levy out

/end thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Someone speaking sense.

That result tonight is not the end of the world, it's the start of the rest of our season.

It's very hard to play in the 'second string' eleven, your confidence is dented by just being picked. While the players who were picked who will be playing on Sunday just want to get through the game without picking up a knock.

Some people will come back and say "how come United could compete in big European games before a cup final?"

Answer - because they were playing in European games people gave a sh*t about. European games that were bigger than the domestic league cup final.
    Since when do we get to turn our noses up at a cup, we have not won anything since 2008

Chelsea got demoted to the uefa cup a few years ago, they didn't turn their noses up, they went and won the fcuking thing, that's what good teams do, it's called a winning mentality and what we need to get and fast,

A lot of work still needed

While I would love to see us win Sunday it is worth asking is the League Cup that big of an achievement anymore?

If it wasnt for the fact that it was Chelsea and the fact that I'd love nothing more than for Mourinho to go home with his tail between his legs- I'm not sure I would care too much.

Who remembers that Swansea won it 2 years ago?
    Has it made them any better as a club in the sense are they any closer to the top six?
    It certainly didn't help Michael Laudrup any.

Point is I'm in this for the long haul-if we win Sunday-I will drink well into the small hours of Monday morning.
    And if we don't -I will drink well into the small hours of Monday morning.

Let's all enjoy the ride

Chelsea got demoted to the uefa cup a few years ago, they didn't turn their noses up, they went and won the fcuking thing, that's what good teams do, it's called a winning mentality and what we need to get and fast,

With our resources and squad strength we have to pick our battles. I wouldn't say ignoring the Europa League lacks a winning mentality, if that's the case then the top ten teams in the Premier League lack a winning mentality for not playing a full strength team in the League Cup for the last 15 years.

We need to bring in more revenue in order to step up to the next level. We'll generate that revenue playing in the Champions League, NOT from flying to the arse end of Europe on a Thursday night. The fact that TV3 has the rights show you how much any one in Ireland cares about it, multiple that by 100 across Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Fcuking hell, this place gets even more crazy every week

• Registered Users Posts: 45 EoinMoran

While I would love to see us win Sunday it is worth asking is the League Cup that big of an achievement anymore?

If it wasnt for the fact that it was Chelsea and the fact that I'd love nothing more than for Mourinho to go home with his tail between his legs- I'm not sure I would care too much.

Who remembers that Swansea won it 2 years ago?
    Has it made them any better as a club in the sense are they any closer to the top six?
    It certainly didn't help Michael Laudrup any.

Point is I'm in this for the long haul-if we win Sunday-I will drink well into the small hours of Monday morning.
    And if we don't -I will drink well into the small hours of Monday morning.

Let's all enjoy the ride

The game is about glory...

I'd take a win on Sunday over finishing 4th in the league. We've finished 4th twice and 5th twice in the last 5 seasons. Going by statistics we'll do it again... How many times do we get to play one of our biggest rivals in the biggest game we've played in years ?

If you asked Swansea fans I can guarantee they'd tell you that's the best moment in football they've had in existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

We're out. And not before time. Happier to be our now then about 5 games down the line.

The race for 4th is well and Truely on now. No Thursday night excuses anymore

EoinMoran wrote: »
    The game is about glory...

I'd take a win on Sunday over finishing 4th in the league. We've finished 4th twice and 5th twice in the last 5 seasons. Going by statistics we'll do it again... How many times do we get to play one of our biggest rivals in the biggest game we've played in years ?

If you asked Swansea fans I can guarantee they'd tell you that's the best moment in football they've had in existence.
    I totally understand that but my point is its a one off,it's not going to make us world beaters overnight nor will it be a disaster if we lose,disappointing yes but not disastrous.

I would hate to see us win and slide down the table like we did when we last won it- remember when Juande Ramos was Moses reincarnate and was going to lead us to the promised land?
    He only led us to the bottom of the league 9 short months later

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Ah, look on the bright side, if we win on Sunday, we qualify for the Europa League :P

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

With our resources and squad strength we have to pick our battles. I wouldn't say ignoring the Europa League lacks a winning mentality, if that's the case then the top ten teams in the Premier League lack a winning mentality for not playing a full strength team in the League Cup for the last 15 years.

We need to bring in more revenue in order to step up to the next level. We'll generate that revenue playing in the Champions League, NOT from flying to the arse end of Europe on a Thursday night. The fact that TV3 has the rights show you how much any one in Ireland cares about it, multiple that by 100 across Europe.

05 Chelsea
    06 Man U
    07 Chelsea
    08 spurs
    09 Man U
    10 Man U
    12 Liverpool
    14 man city

Top teams not really ignoring it, it's about winning

Why would people not take winning the Europa over 4th place, it gets same end and a trophy and some pride

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I totally understand that but my point is its a one off,it's not going to make us world beaters overnight nor will it be a disaster if we lose,disappointing yes but not disastrous.

I would hate to see us win and slide down the table like we did when we last won it- remember when Juande Ramos was Moses reincarnate and was going to lead us to the promised land?
    He only led us to the bottom of the league 9 short months later

Nobody wants to see us win and slide down the table but we could lose and slide down the table. I want to win on Sunday. Whenever I sober up then we can discuss re-hab.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

If Chelsea hasd been playing last night...

Cech

Ivanovic - Terry - Cahill - Luis.

Fabregas - Matic

Willian - Oscar - Hazard

Costa.

And the same on sunday.

This rotation malarkey has its good points, granted...
    But im confused.:confused:

05 Chelsea
    06 Man U
    07 Chelsea
    08 spurs
    09 Man U
    10 Man U
    12 Liverpool
    14 man city

All this does is highlight the the difference in quality between the Premier League reserve teams and the rest of the football league.

I'll admit that the PL teams to take it a little more seriously when it gets to the semi-final and final stages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Not a good day but won't give a fack if we win Sunday

Advertisement