Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cycling shorts; Santini or Castelli ?

• 12-02-2015 3:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    getting a pair of cycling shorts for the coming/current sportive season
    any recommendations btw Santini Union bib shorts ( in grey/orange!) or Castelli velocissimo Due bib shorts
    i already have Santini aqueazero bib tights and jacket.. very pleased with these

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Castelli. Scorpions FTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Craig06

Has to be scorpions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

devonp wrote: »
    Hi,
    getting a pair of cycling shorts for the coming/current sportive season
    any recommendations btw Santini Union bib shorts ( in grey/orange!) or Castelli velocissimo Due bib shorts
    i already have Santini aqueazero bib tights and jacket.. very pleased with these
    I also have the Santini Aquazero and have one pair of Castelli bib shorts. Both are good, so I would buy whichever one looks better / is better value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭bwalsh1983

Depends on the level of castelli shorts. In my experience anything with the Kiss3 pad and below is not comfortable over a longer ride. I havnt had the cash to get any of the bodypaint bibs etc but the pads look like they are better quality.

Its all personaly TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Seweryn wrote: »
    I also have the Santini Aquazero and have one pair of Castelli bib shorts. Both are good, so I would buy whichever one looks better / is better value.
    Actually, out of those two, Giordana would still be my favourite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Craig06

I've used the kiss 3 pads and the progetto x2 on castelli and both are excellent. I still use castelli gear for non club gear

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

All of my winter gear and most of my summer gear is Castelli. Fantastic stuff all around. And yes, scorpions are cool.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Advertisement