Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyres Dublin 15

Options
  • 12-02-2015 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

I am looking for a decent mid range set of tyres. Do you know of anywhere stocking Bridgestone or Goodyear in this area? Or in Dublin West?
    I know very little about tyres and want minimum hassle!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

There are two tyre places beside each other in Coolmine Ind. Estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I think I got bridgstone in Fast fit up in coolmine before....

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

Try Discount Tyres in Rosemount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Dave McCann - Coolmine ind estate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭wandererz

Veloce wrote: »
    Dave McCann - Coolmine ind estate

Wouldn't recommend these.
    Went in to have four tyres replaced with RainSport 3's.

Told to come back in an hour or less.

I return, only to find them hanging about and then tell me that the wheel bolt has broken off. AND that it's a common problem on those cars.

I had 2 problems with this:
    1) Why not call me on my mobile to tell me of the problem rather than wasting my time?

2) If it's a common problem with those cars, that they've encountered before, then why not WARN the customer in the first place??
    ...Rather wait for the customer to return and then provide the bad news of the problem and having to cut the studs off using a blow torch etc AND having to order new studs from the dealer..

Result: further cost.
    Result: car out of action for 3+ days.

And of course no way for the customer to prove that this wasn't as a result of them using pneumatic power tools to remove the wheel nuts.

If you've had this problem multiple times before, it makes sense to warn the customer doesn't it?

A 1 hour tyre change then results in further cost and your vehicle out of action for 4 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

First Stop in Millenium Business Park. The other half's company uses them all the time for the work cars, never had an issue.

Advertisement