Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest Thermostat - time taken to get it installed?

Options
  • 12-02-2015 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys,

can you tell me how long it will take to have the equipment installed if i switch over to Electric Ireland to avail of the Nest Thermostat price plan?

Is there a limit on the amount of time for installation, or is it open ended (my mate has been waiting 4 weeks now)

Im asking as i may wait if it wont be installed with the month - winter will be over.

thanks

MP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi MetalPrince,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I will seek clarification from our colleagues in the Home Services team. We would recommend also that you have your friend contact us if possible in relation to the installation of their Nest thermostat.

Kind regards,
    Una

Hi again MetalPrince,

Home Services have advised as follows in relation to your query:

The waiting time of the Nest installation appointments depends on where in the country the customer is, and the installers' availability.

It spans quite a broad time-frame - from a week to four weeks (approximately).

Do let us know if you have any further queries.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MetalPrince

Hi Una,

thanks for the reponse.

when you say "a week to four weeks (approximately)"
    - does that mean it might go over the 4 weeks?
    - can you tell me if there is an upper limit on this, that the installers MUST have it installed by? (4 weeks / 5 weeks / 5 months etc?)
    - are there many customers (like my mate) waiting over the 4 weeks?
    - is the timframe somewhere in the T&Cs or what fall back do i have if this isnt installed within the 4 week period you have outlined? (i cant find it)

MP

Hi MetalPrince,

I can ask Home Services to give you a call to discuss the above - they are available until 6pm Monday to Friday.

If you private message me your name, telephone number and some times that would suit you to be called during the above hours, I will request a callback to you from them.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement