Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machines for counting change

Options
  • 12-02-2015 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

I have a load of small brown (ie 1,2 and 5ps) change in bags at home, is there any machine counting services in Claremorris/ Castlebar where i could bring it along and change it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Rockfish wrote: »
    I have a load of small brown (ie 1,2 and 5ps) change in bags at home, is there any machine counting services in Claremorris/ Castlebar where i could bring it along and change it?

Any of those machines I've seen charge 9%, get bags from the bank and count it yourself, then bring it to your local. Banks will only cash full bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Tesco have then machines they print you a voucher which you use in store for the full value or if you want the cash they charge you a commission.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

irishgeo wrote: »
    Tesco have then machines they print you a voucher which you use in store for the full value or if you want the cash they charge you a commission.

I have shopping bags full of copper coins so i can just bring them in and pour into these machines, ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

yea the machines in tesco are very easy to use. Much easier than the bank in my opinion. They do charge 9.9% interest though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

RossieMan wrote: »
    yea the machines in tesco are very easy to use. Much easier than the bank in my opinion. They do charge 9.9% interest though.

Only if you don't want to spend the voucher in store I think.

• Advertisement

not the tesco in castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Caseys centra in Castlebar have one, charges 9.9% interest!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

RossieMan wrote: »
    not the tesco in castlebar.

not what?? :confused:

And ive no problem paying the interest, i just want rid od all this change

there's interest even if you spend it in tesco, unlike what was said above.

Advertisement