Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Lumia help needed

Options
  • 12-02-2015 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Need help please. Have Lumia 520 and broke screen yesterday. Touch screen does not work at all now. Shows Time and incoming calls but I cannot answer etc. So the problem is that I connected to PC but cannot access as I can't unlock screen. All the contacts are stored on phone , not sim. Is it even worth getting new screen and if so how much ? If not is there any way I can get into phone to access data, photos etc ? Thanks for help.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Hi Sasso this happened my phone but I had Lumia 800 and I cant connect to get my photos I was told they cant be fixed but and be better off getting a new phone was quoted 70-120 euro to get it fixed they told me to download a thing called zune and I did but phone wont turn on to get photos if your is on you might get more luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

Thanks, but in same trouble as you, can't operate screen and therefore unlock. Wouldn't mind but told a few times to download Zune when phone was fine so my own loss I guess, thanks

Ok that's a pity its very frustrating but I Thought once you had it connected to your phone you would have access to it well I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Hi,

You could try the following:

- If you plug the phone into the PC (you probably have a USB charging cable that came with the phone - it looks like this)
    - when you connect the phone to the PC, it may show up on the PC in Windows Explorer and appear like another Hard Drive.
    - If it appears here, you should be able to browse down through the folders and files and copy them off (without needing to unlock the phone or use the touch screen.

(Some similar steps described here)

If your phone does not switch on when you press and hold the power button, that is unfortunately a bigger problem.

Hopefully that helps, though.

ok ive done that the screens blank but it says the phones connected not sure what to do next?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

No need to use two threads.

Just use one:> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057386392

Advertisement