Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Brake pads warning wire loom

Options
  • 12-02-2015 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Here is my story.

I bought a Vw Golf mk5 one year ago.
    And it was in good condition (like for me). After one year of driving everything was ok.
    Before NCTS I decided go to closest garage (1) to check everything. Where they said that needs to be replace front brake pads. Ok, I agreed and they did a job.
    I went to NCTS and it failed on RearOffside backplate on brakes (corrosion). That was strange for me that nobody told me that it's really bad. Long story...
    ... another garage (2) (website: southdublincrashrepairs.ie) I asked to replace the part and clean bottom and paint it, because it was all rusted. They did brilliant job! I've passed NCTS on 8 feb, i.e. 4 days ago. (they have not touch front wheels, I was asking only for rear).

And just yesterday while driving to work left front wheel went into small pit on the road and on dash appears icon which says "check brake pads". On Golf mk5 only front wheels connected to computer. Today at morning I was at foster sandyford garage (3), where they told me that wire was cut. In my head still many question: Why in the first garage nobody did tell me that? Who did it? when it happens? And why?

And one is major: Why?
    Maybe somebody could answer me here and help to investigate.
    Thank you.

P.S.: I will never go again to the first garage, even it will be cheaper for me.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sakrist

OSI wrote: »
    What end was the wire cut? I've seen it before where people were too cheap to buy the pads with the sensor embedded so they cut off the sensor lead from the old pads.

I have no idea. Unfortunately no instruments to take a look deep into it.
    Maybe you right about cheap pads.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭R1_Pete

sakrist wrote: »
    I have no idea. Unfortunately no instruments to take a look deep into it.
    Maybe you right about cheap pads.

Thanks

I suspect the previous owner didn't replace sensors on a previous repair, instead cutting off the sensor and bridging the connection by twisting the wires together or similar.
    When you hit a pothole it probably just jerked it loose.
    Sensor wires aren't expensive. Maybe 7/10€ per piece.

Advertisement