Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to plant now?

• 12-02-2015 5:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭

I am going to put back down a stretch of lawn I lifted up to dig for electric cabling. It runs at the edge of my lawn, around 30meters.

Is there any bulbs you could suggest I plant first to get some nice colour every year or have I left it too late?

I have a few bags of daffodils and tulips that I didn't get to sow, they have green shoots now in the bag. If I plant these now, will they manage to have a little energy for next year?

I live quite close to this shop, www.gardenshop.ie they appear to have quite the selection.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Marhay70

The lips wrote: »
    I am going to put back down a stretch of lawn I lifted up to dig for electric cabling. It runs at the edge of my lawn, around 30meters.

Is there any bulbs you could suggest I plant first to get some nice colour every year or have I left it too late?

I have a few bags of daffodils and tulips that I didn't get to sow, they have green shoots now in the bag. If I plant these now, will they manage to have a little energy for next year?

I live quite close to this shop, www.gardenshop.ie they appear to have quite the selection.

You can plant both now providing the ground is not frozen, you may get a show from the tulips but it's probably too late this year for the daffodils, make sure the bulbs are still firm. Do I understand you want to keep this as part of the lawn or have it as a border? I'm not a big fan of daffodils in lawns as they need to be left at least six weeks before cutting back to allow them to bulk up for next year and of course tulips would only be coming into flower at that stage, meaning about 3 months delay before first cutting. I'm sure the Garden shop will be able to give you very good advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭The lips

Thanks very much for that info.

I plan to leave it as part of the lawn, where it is situated would not lend well to being left uncut.

I will plant them in along bushes and walls.

The flower beds are covered in plastic and stones from a previous owner so I am eager to get some colour in the garden.

Advertisement