Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burrito shop in Leixlip

Options
  • 12-02-2015 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Was passing through Leixlip today and saw a Burrito shop up by Riverforest, how long has that been there? Anybody tried it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

I saw it recently too but it seemed to be all closed up??

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mpwz

Got a menu through the door the other day, they deliver witch was handy. The food is good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Yeah, nipped in for a pulled pork burrito yesterday. Keenly priced and pretty damn tasty too. Great to have another food option locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 stevo_

Got a couple of burritos there today - would definitely recommend them. Very tasty, good value and huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 astjan

Quite new place. Very good burritos. Hope they'll stay for long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

What's it called?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

https://www.facebook.com/munchandburritobar

Got one Friday, Loaded to the max, It was nice but I was too hungry and it was too hot so I'll have to have another for my second opinion on it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

There now on just-eat.ie
    Munch and Burrito Bar
    http://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-MunchandBurritoBar-Leixlip/menu

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Plopli

Got some yesterday.
    Nicely loaded and very tasty.

Hope they'll keep at it.

Will go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭2011abc

Burritos crammed to exploding point 5-7 euro .If you need Nachos or wedges with one of these guys' burritos you've a bigger appetite than me !

Veggie option sweet potato and chickpea , pulled beef or pulled pork , grilled chicken and chorizo also on offer with a host of beans , rices ,cheese , grilled peppers (40c extra)salads , guacamole(40c extra) , sour cream and sauces .The 7 euro option is the meat mountain with the whole shebang included ! Others max out at 6.50 .Cans 75c with a burrito .

Well worth a visit ! It's called "Munchies and Burritos " and there's a fair selection of the former.Unique venue , they have some bits and pieces of general store stock eg if you need a school copy or a bottle of detergent you're in luck ! And there's a fairly well stocked confectionery /sweet shop .Tea/coffee and a bar 2/3 euro .Food speaks for itself . Mural on roof in the theme of 'God creating Man' but handing over a burrito instead of touching fingers ...

A few more of these kind of places and we might start catching up with Maynooth in the cuisine stakes ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

The sign over the door really needs to be done properly. Looks like it's a primary school project.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

Tried this place today-was absolutely starving so the fact it was bursting at the seams was welcome. If you weren't seriously hungry, you'd struggle with the size of them.

The set up is quite amateurish and ordering is a bit confusing with all the options but the burrito is excellent. Only thing I'd change is I'd choose a hotter sauce as it wasn't hot enough for me.

I'll be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 devwa

Got some there last Friday.
    Very good and good size too.

Been back again a few times since posting .Its nothing short of a MIRACLE how they cram so much into one burrito wrap .With their vouchers I got 2 for 1 a few days ago and I'd swear you'd have to be buying industrial sized bags of rice to be getting as much weight of food for the money .But you can forget about eating it on the go or prob even in the car .You will need cutlery and a plate .
    I'm delighted to see this place become part of the Leixlip landscape , long may it continue. Sure even the few groceries gives the place a traditional Irish parish shop feel .

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Plopli

Went back last week-end. Got a buritto and some BBQ wings.
    First time for the wings.
    Buritto was as good and large as usual and the wings were really tasty.
    Got enough for 2 evenings so good deal for the money also.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭drawnacrol

Hi, sorry to bump this thread but does anyone know why this shop is closed? I went there 2 weeks ago and it was closed and none of the neighbouring shops knew the reason why. I've checked Justeat every second day and it says its closed. I've also tried contacting the FB page but no answer.

Just giving this one last numb since these guys made one of the nicest burritos around.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,884 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If its closed down I doubt there's going to be a specific reason. It was a dumb location

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

They did close for a month or so last year.. same deal, no details on FB page etc.. and phone rang out. Might be gone for good this time tho? Pity

Still shut :-(

• Advertisement

mloc123 wrote: »
    They did close for a month or so last year.. same deal, no details on FB page etc.. and phone rang out. Might be gone for good this time tho? Pity

Thats strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I'd assume its gone out of business. The market just not there for it in Confey/Leixlip to make it sustainable with an aging population. A cafe would be more suited to that location.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

L1011 wrote: »
    If its closed down I doubt there's going to be a specific reason. It was a dumb location

It's beside two schools, which between them sustain the chipper a few doors up.

They upped the price for a small burrito from €3 to €5 at the stroke of a pen. That put a lot of people off, myself included. €3 was too cheap, but they couldn't have handled it any worse. It probably killed a lot of the school trade.

The shop sold miscellaneous other items, like pet food and corn flakes, that just didn't fit in. The owners were originally from somewhere like Ukraine, where it's probably not so odd.

Lastly, I didn't ever order anything from justeat, but a lot of the reviews are of late deliveries, wrong items etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Dammit, really fancied a Burrito tonight :(:(

Advertisement