If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to decide between a Yamaha RX-V377 or Monitor Audio A100 for a stereo pair in

Options
  • 12-02-2015 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

Hello I am currently trying to decide between a Monitor Audio A100 stereo amp or a Yamaha RX-V377 av receiver to pair with a set of Q Acoustics 2010i in a bedroom. 

This will be a purely stereo setup, I might be able to work a sub in later and I do have a q acoustics 7000C centre I could work into the system but if I did that the three speakers would be very close together, so stereo for now.

The Yamaha has the HDMI switching and all the other AV Receiver and vantages but still it would only be driving two speakers and would frankly look gigantic in the bedroom. The Audio A100 is smaller but less well featured. 

Basically it comes down to this, for my money which one of these two will give me the best audio performance for movies, games and music?

Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hello I am currently trying to decide between a Monitor Audio A100 stereo amp or a Yamaha RX-V377 av receiver to pair with a set of Q Acoustics 2010i in a bedroom. 

This will be a purely stereo setup, I might be able to work a sub in later and I do have a q acoustics 7000C centre I could work into the system but if I did that the three speakers would be very close together, so stereo for now.

The Yamaha has the HDMI switching and all the other AV Receiver and vantages but still it would only be driving two speakers and would frankly look gigantic in the bedroom. The Audio A100 is smaller but less well featured. 

Basically it comes down to this, for my money which one of these two will give me the best audio performance for movies, games and music?

Thanks.
    Hi Grard_Smith.

It terms of stereo the A100 is in a class on its own over the 377.
    You could not even compare them for stereo.

If you are not interested in Home cinema in the Bedroom I would go for the A100 all day long over the 377.
    We have the A100 on Demo in our store and it sounds fantastic.

Currently the A100 is going for 249.99 euro (Inc Delivery)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200564-a100.aspx

Let me know what you think.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Have to second that! The A100 at €249 is probably the best deal we have done instore this year!

Reduced from £400, what hifi 5 star review, and it looks and sounds amazing, what's not to like??

All the best people use them ( ahem, mines a white one actually :) )

Keep us posted

John mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Thank for the advice I just ordered the A100. I got it in black :)

Thank for the advice I just ordered the A100. I got it in black :)
    Hi Gerard.

Thanks for the order.
    The A100 was shipped out yesterday and should arrive on Monday/Tuesday at the latest.
    Our courier will drop you a little text with a delivery window for them to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Came this morning and it sounds amazing. Thanks again for the advice!

• Advertisement

Came this morning and it sounds amazing. Thanks again for the advice!
    Hi Gerard_Smith.

Glad that you are enjoying your new toy ;)

If you require anything else in future just drop me a post or a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 catalogguy

Gerard,
    Would you please comment on the speakers? Do you feel they are a good match for the A100, are they sensitive enough (ie not near max volume just to get an average sound level), or any ther observations! Thank you so much for any info!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.