Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your favourite type of takeaway?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

I don't like takeaways
    Turkish doner kebab on chips with cheese taco sauce cheese and a little lettuce

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Puibo

In all my years eating KFC (oh, the shame!) I have eaten-in twice. Once in Crumlin in the '70's & recently in Omni in Santry.

Im not comvinced......buy you fill up on that intensively raised battery farmed chicken with its blend of delicious herbs and spices that you have been eating for the the last 40 years 😅

Red Wolf wrote:
    Do they do sit down food and food designed to take away and eat elsewhere? If not then no Harvey Normans is not a "Take Away"

Ill just check that out and let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Atticus Jung

Vietnamese
    There is a place in Maynooth that does really nice tapas for takeaway. I'm always surprised tapas aren't more popular as you can get a decent meal for about the same price as a starter and main for two from an indian or thai. Also off topic a little but id like chinese better if they used decent chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Puibo wrote: »
    Im not comvinced......buy you fill up on that intensively raised battery farmed chicken with its blend of delicious herbs and spices that you have been eating for the the last 40 years 😅
    The view must be great from that moral high ground that you are standing on.

It is not like I fill up on it. Just because it is my favourite does not mean that I eat it every day. KFC - once a year or so, local chipper - maybe every six weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

Vietnamese
    I would say Thai, although Indian if I'm back home. Kasturi in Lucan is a gem, and I've only ever had good experiences with Thaicoon in Drumcondra, I do love a bit of heat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Other [please specify in topic]
    KFC isnt a takeaway either.....

They have a drive thru in Blanch

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

syklops wrote: »
    Supermacs:

Snack boxes - check
    chips - check
    onion rings - check.
    They are horrible frozen fries, not real chips, they even call them fries. My simple rule is that a "chipper" has real chunky proper chips, usually fried twice.
    dogcat wrote: »
    I mean that as if you go to a restaurant or bar and b&b and they give you bacon and cabbage. You bring this to your home.
    Have you ever done this? I have never heard of anything like this ever happening. And what did you mean by "American"
    KFC isnt a takeaway either.....
    Weird how they always ask me "is that for here or takeaway", really strange that, and how you see people walking about with KFC bags, wonder what is in them. And why did you say "either", which suggests other places were said not to be takeaways?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Italian
    Indian for me, with a cold beer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

rubadub wrote: »
    And what did you mean by "American"

Eddie rockets in Finglas deliver,I'll be ordering a Double bacon burger and garlic shrooms in about 45 mins when deliveries start :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭gleesonger

Camile Thai in Dublin, they use very good ingredients and it's probably the healthiest takeaway going.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Red Wolf

Vietnamese
    gleesonger wrote: »
    Camile Thai in Dublin, they use very good ingredients and it's probably the healthiest takeaway going.

Had their Hot Wings, and Pad Prik Haeng last night. Nom

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Red Wolf wrote: »
    Breakfast Roll?

So you mean the deli from your local Spar/Centra/Petrol Station.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

The kebabs here in Germany are feckin' gorgeous. Back in Ireland I usually go for a bag of proper chipper chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Triboro

Hard to beat a good pizza

Hard to get a good pizza

Supermacs is the pits... Pure dung!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

All of the above, except Supermacs, never been to one........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I don't like takeaways
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

I don't like takeaways
    Nothing beats a good taco chips! Nom nom nom :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

A good Indian

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭earlytobed

I have been known to drive 50 miles to Kilmore Quay in Wexford for some really nice Fish and Chips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 hightide

I think whats evident when you read some of the posts is the fact that the emphasis is on quality more than the cuisine. That makes a difference.

I don't like takeaways

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭hank scorpio89

Indian
    chinese hands down although ive never had an indian ! crispy shredded beef in hot garlic sauce lets be honest its deep fried batter there a serious lack of beef but its still glorious crispy won tons are another weakness of mine ..

out of a chipper i have to say a good wharly burger ..a batter burger in a bun with all the dressing i had one tonight needless to day ive a tad bit of a beer belly there all worth it tho

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Italian
    Murgh makhani, pilau rice and peshwari naan - the healthiest thing from the Indian menu :-P

rubadub wrote:
    Weird how they always ask me "is that for here or takeaway", really strange that, and how you see people walking about with KFC bags, wonder what is in them. And why did you say "either", which suggests other places were said not to be takeaways?

Any of those crappy american fast food joints DO NOT qualify as a take away. They are fast food establishments.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Any of those crappy american fast food joints DO NOT qualify as a take away. They are fast food establishments.
    :confused: seems your own your lonesome with this bizarre logic.

So again, why did you say "either"?

and what is in those KFC bags I see people walking about with?

And I would like to hear more about your citeria about what qualifies as a takeaway?

Is your issue the fact you can sit down and eat in KFC as well as get takeaway? if so then it would full out several italian chippers, indians, chinese -actually the whole list has many places I know of that would be ruled out. And I am not just talking of regular Chinese restaurants that happen to do takeaway food.

rubadub wrote:
     seems your own your lonesome with this bizarre logic.

If i buy an apple in a tesco, dunnes, supervalu etc. Pay for it, put it in a bag and leave the shop. Does this constitute takeaway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Italian
    Zaytoon kebabs! *drools*

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ballinasloex

Indian
    Fusion cuisine!

• Advertisement

I don't like takeaways

Advertisement