Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can my Canadian wife live in Ireland with me?

Options
  • 12-02-2015 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I'm an Irish citizen married to a Canadian citizen, we have a Canadian born son, we live in Canada now but are thinking about moving to Ireland for an extended trip, probably about 12-18 months, what I'm wondering is if my wife needs a special visa to live in Ireland or if she gets to bypass this because we are married?
    I appreciate any advice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

Hi there,

I really don't think this is the best forum for you to get the answers you might be looking for. You could maybe try the travel forum; on my phone so can't link, sorry. Alternatively, contact a mod; they might know a better place to post.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭nathan184

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/moving_country/moving_to_ireland/coming_to_live_in_ireland/visa_requirements_for_entering_ireland.html

"You do not need a visa to land in Ireland if:
    • You hold a valid travel document issued in accordance with Article 28 of the Geneva Convention
    • You hold either a valid residence card 4 EU FAM or a valid permanent residence card 4 EU FAM issued under the European Communities (Free Movement of Persons) (No. 2) Regulations 2006 (SI 656/2006).
    • You are a family member of an EU citizen and you hold a document called "Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen""

I am not a lawyer so verify all this yourself before making plans.

Advertisement