Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for a critical skills permit

Options
  • 12-02-2015 8:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23

Hi folks,

Please advise what stands for "final subjects taken" when filling education details?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If it's a degree it means the subjects your final year concentrated on. If it's LC, it's LC subjects.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 dalazarev

Thanks, it's about Masters degree

How to determine what subjects were concentrated on, is there any criteria (e.g. based on time credits etc.)

So the final subjects are not only the diploma thesis and graduation exams, they also may include some other courses which were concentrated on, correct?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes, but put in anything you feel is relevant.

Many thanks!

One more question - final subjects taken are followed by "results achieved (e.g. 2.1)"

I know that 1.1 is like "EXCELLENT" and 2.1 is like "VERY GOOD" but what is this mark for?

Is this the average for all years of study, or the average for the final subjects taken, or for Diploma thesis?

• Advertisement

When I was at college it was for the final thesis combined with the year's work, but that may well have changed and it might differ from college to college.

Thank you!

My diploma does not have the final mark, instead it has a list of final marks for each subject and paper with its weight

Would it look good for an Irish man (e.g. who will review my application) if I put in the average mark for all items in the list taking into account the weigh of each one?

Put in as much information as you feel is relevant. Don't regret leaving anything out.

Advertisement