Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are the CT4810 drivers available online ?

Options
  • 12-02-2015 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

Hi :)

Recently bought a (very old) Creative card, CT4810, to go into a (very old) desktop I still use. Well, no CD with the card so at the moment I am finding it impossible to install. Have searched for ages but all I get are sites requesting I install their Driver Updating software, and Avira has already detected a piece of malware.

Can anyone here point me in the right direction to obtain the drivers, for an XP machine ? Even an ISO image would do. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    CaSCaDe711

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

https://2ra5-downloads.phpnuke.org/en/c88202/driver-creative-labs-ct4810

Click the download button next to English. Then on the following page select authors link 1. Feeds from a creative site. I downloaded it but no way of checking if it's the right driver or not.

Also be way of letting an xp machine online!
    If all else fails Linux should find the card fine but that's only if you want to switch os.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Thanks for that Ste-

I always make sure my Antivirus etc are up to date before I install anything, and do regular scans (1 or 2 weekly) have been fine for years now (touches wooden chair) :D

Thanks again.

Doh :rolleyes:

Getting the same popup error from another file I downloaded recently.

Setup Initilization Error:
    Setup has detected that unInstallShield is in use. Please close unInstallShield and restart setup.

Error 432.

:confused:

I don't have an unInstallShield running :confused:

Tried running it using the different options under Compatibility

Win 95 and 98 / ME throw up a new error, and NT and 2000 show the 1st error I encountered :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭johnnybmac

Got this from here: , worth a try, haven't used XP in a long time...

Go to Start, Run, type in MSCONFIG, under the Startup tab uncheck uninst.exe, reboot. If that doesn't do the trick, check out the following.

This error means uninstallation executable is running and is in use. It is
    located under your Windows directory. It is either uninst.exe or
    IsUninst.exe (depending on the InstallShield product that has been used to
    create the setup). Reboot the machine and make sure no other application is
    running that will load this executable into memory and then run the setup
    again. If it does not help then go to your Task Manager on your NT machine
    and see if the uninstallation file has been loaded into the memory. If so
    then end that process and then run the setup again.

From: http://community.installshield.com/archive/index.php?t-35601.html

PRB: Error Message, Setup has detected that unInstallShield is in use. Please close unInstallShield and restart setup. Error 432, Appears When unInstallShield Is Not Running
    Document ID: Q104333

This article applies to the following:
    Product(s): InstallShield 5.x Professional
    Last Revised On: 09/20/2001

Symptoms
    When I try to run my setup on a particular machine I get error 432 during the setup initialization. The error says that unInstallShield is running, but it is not. There is nothing else running in the background nor is anything related to InstallShield running in the Task Manager. Why is this happening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭softdancomputer

CT4810 is Creative Ensoniq AudioPCI.
    You should be able to download drivers from here:
    http://support.creative.com/Downloads/welcome.aspx

Advertisement