Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with acer v5

Options
  • 12-02-2015 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Can anybody please help me with my laptop which is a Acer v5 ....computer starts up alright I then put in my password but then it goes completely blank ...I have tried to go to Acer recovery by pressing alt and f10 but nothing happens...it just goes to password then blank again ....anyone any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Those acers are bad computers it might be an unrecoverable error. If it's in warranty I would take it to the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Can anybody please help me with my laptop which is a Acer v5 ....computer starts up alright I then put in my password but then it goes completely blank ...I have tried to go to Acer recovery by pressing alt and f10 but nothing happens...it just goes to password then blank again ....anyone any ideas

Try tapping F8 during boot to see if you can get to safe mode

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭freddie1970

F8 won't work ...but I'm trying to do a reboot through F12 on the pc

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Have a v5-472p, not exactly your scenario but mine would not boot at all at one point, under warranty at the time so brought it back for repair. Motherboard was replaced & has been ok since, would not buy acer again, overall quality is poor. I am on my second rear cover, the screw holders break off very easily, 2nd one is taped on now, very flimsy !

Advertisement