Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transborder Tax Relief

Options
  • 12-02-2015 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I've 2 part time jobs in Ireland that I left in January & worked in England as PAYE for 7 months. Then I came to Republic of Ireland & worked as PAYE in Belfast where I was commuting from Republic of Ireland.

My question are

1: Am I eligible for Transborder Tax relief
    2: Do I've to pay any Universal Social Charge on my England income. I've not remitted any income back to Ireland.
    3: Do I've to pay any income Tax on England income?

Please note that all of my jobs was PAYE & tax was deducted at the source.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

I've 2 part time jobs in Ireland that I left in January & worked in England as PAYE for 7 months. Then I came to Republic of Ireland & worked as PAYE in Belfast where I was community from Republic of Ireland.

My question are

2: Do I've to pay any Universal Social Charge on my England income. I've not remitted any income back to Ireland.

Please note that all of my jobs was PAYE & tax was deducted at the source.

I know, why don't you start a FOURTH thread with this question... Y'know to be sure like..!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mumairsharif

Thanks for pointing out. I'm sorry for this.
    Is there any way to delete the threads?
    I made a mistake.
    It wasn't coming up immediately after posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

First thing to be aware of is Belfast isn't in the Republic of Ireland. Not yet at least, but that's a question for the esteemed minds of After Hours.

2ndcoming wrote: »
    First thing to be aware of is Belfast isn't in the Republic of Ireland. Not yet at least, but that's a question for the esteemed minds of After Hours.

Not sure how I end up giving that impression.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Well neither do I now that you edited your original post...

It's a question of residency, are you ordinarily resident in Republic of Ireland? If so for how long?

There are too many variables to answer on a forum like this, you need to provide all the details to Revenue directly and ask them their decision to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Clear.

As.

Mud.

Lets make it simple.

Am i Liable to pay income tax & universal social charge on foreign income (UK) that was not remitted into Ireland?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Lets make it simple.

Am i Liable to pay income tax & universal social charge on foreign income (UK) that was not remitted into Ireland?[/QUOTE]

Are you Irish resident? Yes
    Are you Irish domiciled? You tell me
    1: Yes, in relation to foreign income earned while Irish resident.
    2: Maybe
    3: Maybe

Do you suggest taking legal advice from a solicitor or accountant?

Advertisement