Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gmail think my emails are spam

Options
  • 13-02-2015 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I tried to send wedding Save The Dates out by email using a gmail account we setup specifically for the wedding. The first dozen seemed to work fine but now none will send. They keep failing. Gmail thinks we're spamming. How do we solve this? Is there a way around? All of the email addresses are in our contacts in the Gmail account. Is it a time thing whereby we'll be able to send more in s few hours etc or will we never be able to send this email again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

Sending the same email, over and over again is likely that Gmail thinks it's spam, or if you stuff a load of email addresses in bcc/cc/to fields in these emails.

Maybe look at a bulk mailer like mailchimp (http://mailchimp.com/) if you intend to send a lot, or just try a few every day.

Remember that it's just not the sending that also receiving the email might trigger spam as well. Bulk mailers work better, but not guaranteed, which is why I would personally be reluctant to just rely on email for wedding invites.

Advertisement