Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend in Tullamore. Things to do?

Options
  • 13-02-2015 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

I have never stayed in Tullamore but I am going next weekend with my wife. So, what do you recommend? We are staying in Bridgehouse hotel so might get the wife some spa treatments while I watch football. But what else? Tullamore Dew tour any good? Good restaurants? Any free events or tours?
    We are early 30s, my wife is pregnant so no absailing.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Both the Tullamore Dew tour and nearby Kilbeggan Distillery (7 miles north) are not to be missed.

Drop into the Bridge House front bar for some big bar atmosphere. The original Bridge House experience. Try the Brewery Tap on O'Connor Square for both quality lunches and one of the best pubs in Ireland in my opinion. They've recently opened a whiskey bar, which looks on a par with the Bridge House Hotel whiskey range.

Many are saying that the Copper Pot is working out well also. Just up from the Brewery Tap.

Charleville Castle may be open in some capacity.

You will find this site very useful http://www.discovertullamore.com/

Hope you really enjoy your stay. Tullamore is a very friendly town.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭240 Robert

Annie Kelly's or Fergie's bar are worth a visit if you want a quiet drink and a chat.
    Lough Boora Parklands (15-20 min drive from town) is nice and relaxing with lovely scenery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

The copper pot is the spot to be on a Saturday night, Fergies is okay - bit of an old man vibe though. Wolf trap. Downstairs in the bridge house. The spa in the bridge house is lovely, as is the leisure centre (they have a cool hydropool), theres not really a lot to do tbh

Also a new cafe called Bake is amazing too - limited enough menu but what they do, they do it well! Check it out

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Also a new cafe called Bake is amazing too - limited enough menu but what they do, they do it well! Check it out

Where is that? Looking for somewhere to go at lunchtime today!!

• Advertisement

It's in o Connor square, Oisin OSullivan side, just across from the library. It's amazing!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

It's in o Connor square, Oisin OSullivan side, just across from the library. It's amazing!!

Cheers, didn't realise it was open yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Big Cheese

Thanks for the advice. Can't beat insider knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

If you're looking for a nice place to have dinner, I love The blue apron. Not cheap but the food there is absolutely gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

The Italian place near the Garda station is quite nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Both the Tullamore Dew tour and nearby Kilbeggan Distillery (7 miles north) are not to be missed.

Drop into the Bridge House front bar for some big bar atmosphere. The original Bridge House experience. Try the Brewery Tap on O'Connor Square for both quality lunches and one of the best pubs in Ireland in my opinion. They've recently opened a whiskey bar, which looks on a par with the Bridge House Hotel whiskey range.

Many are saying that the Copper Pot is working out well also. Just up from the Brewery Tap.

Charleville Castle may be open in some capacity.

You will find this site very useful http://www.discovertullamore.com/

Hope you really enjoy your stay. Tullamore is a very friendly town.

This is a good review

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bennyineire

So Big Cheese, how was your trip.
    It's always interesting hearing what people have to say about our town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I was there last weekend- amazing!!!

Advertisement