Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low cost beam-break solution

Options
  • 13-02-2015 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I have a river flowing at the end of the garden, protected by a fence a few meters back. However, just in case any children manage to scale the fence, I want to be alerted.

I figured installing an IR beam break device across the garden after the fence - something like the "Security Double Active Infrared Detector" on Amazon uk.

However, this is only a sensor. Can anyone suggest what a low-cost option would be for a control panel to monitor this sensor and complete the system might be? I don't want to connect it to the full house alarm - just to raise a moderate bell or chime if the beam is ever broken.

Thanks,

Pete.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Considering what's at stake here I would not be looking to skimp.
    Either build a more secure fence or invest on some optex, pulnix or takex beams

• Registered Users Posts: 5 P.e.a.d.a.r

Thanks. Yeah, the fence is custom-built and secure, so this really is a case of belts and braces.
    Those beams look good. If all I want is a chime/bell to ring if the beam is ever broken - what else do I need to complete the system?

Advertisement