Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 weeks in Canada in July

Options
  • 13-02-2015 2:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Myself and a friend are considering a 2 week holiday in Canada in July, it only came up today in conversation so haven't any plan yet. Would appreciate some /helptips/advice, is 2 weeks enough, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Thinking of doing the same myself. Would it be too much to do Vancouver and Toronto (or Montreal)? If it were for say, 10 days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Anyone else care 2 chime into this? We are 2 single lads just looking to see some of the country , do some touristy things during the day and hit the pubs and clubs at night.

The problem I have is the logistics, we can only hit perhaps 3 or 4 cities in 2 weeks and do we fly everywhere internally or get the train, the top cities from what I hear are

Toronto
    Vancouver
    Quebec
    Montreal
    Calgary

Would appreciate some advice

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

2 weeks is not a long time in Canada, you'd be mad to travel any other way than fly for that time. Bear in mind that Toronto to Vancouver is a 5 hour flight, and according to google 42hours of solid driving.

If I were you, I would pick a city/area and go there for 2 weeks. In Vancouver and Vancouver Island in the Summer you can easily spend 2 weeks if you like the outdoors.

Quebec, Montreal and Toronto probably would be fine in 2 weeks for a short trip to each city, but bear in mind that the most impressive stuff about Canada in my opinion are not in the cities. Places like Banff/Jasper (near Calgary), Algonquin Provincial Park near Toronto, the west coast and mountains. etc etc. Each of which you have to spend time getting to and enjoying. Day trips aren't worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

If you were in Vancouver, you could pop down to Seattle? Or is it as simple as that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

its a 2.5 hour drive.... with a border crossing thrown in, which can be anything from 10 minutes to 90 minutes depending on when you go and how lucky you are.

But definitely easy to head to Seattle, plenty of buses go there which avoid some of the queues, and also a train which avoid all the queues but takes really long.

Advertisement