Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keenagh loop in Mayo

Options
  • 13-02-2015 3:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭

Hey anyone done this walk? Thinking of doing it on Saturday while in sunny Mayo. Just wondering if it is bogfest slog or just a straightforward track. It is listed on some walks as hard and others moderate yet it only goes up to 200m.

http://www.irishtrails.ie/trail/Keenagh-loop/150/

Was going to climb Nephin but weather will probably be crap and views will be limited.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Completed it there today. 3 hours it took. Very marshy in parts, so used gaiters for the first time ever. Think it would be better in the summer with clear views of mountains and drier under foot. The back leg of journey goes up about 290 m which was a bit of a challenge but other than that not too tough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

FrostyJack wrote: »
    Completed it there today. 3 hours it took. Very marshy in parts, so used gaiters for the first time ever. Think it would be better in the summer with clear views of mountains and drier under foot. The back leg of journey goes up about 290 m which was a bit of a challenge but other than that not too tough.

yep did it in summer a while back lovely walk on a clear day especially stretch along the river. That last 280m climb is deceptive .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Yeah it seemed never ending even though it was about 2 km or less of a rise. Know where my fitness is now lol. Next time I am up there I am bagging Nephin and then hopefully the Nephin Beg Range.

Advertisement