Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice brunch in city?

• 13-02-2015 8:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Any suggestions? We are down for the night and staying in the absolute where breakfast is not included. Looking for somewhere nice..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭moby2101

Hey,
    Enjoy your stay in Limerick!
    Best by a mile, try the Savoy Hotel, bit pricey! Lovely dining room upstairs and great food

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭his_dudeness

Canteen on Mallow Street or Hook and Ladder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Papa's on Denmark.Street. It's gotten really popular so get in there early around lunch time if you can. The amazing chicken salad is a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

If it is Saturday morning then head to the market and grab something nice there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Only if you like hippy food and art students.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

The Buttery on Bedford Row is luvly, Id highly recommend!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭black & white

Jofspring wrote: »
    Papa's on Denmark.Street. It's gotten really popular so get in there early around lunch time if you can. The amazing chicken salad is a cracker.

X 100, doesn't open on Sundays though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭turtleshead

If it is Saturday morning although not in the city I would recommend Collins Bar in Dooradoyle, the eggs benedict were probably the best I have had in Limerick. The ingredients in the full irish were excellent with the sausage and bacon top quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Skuxx wrote: »

The Buttery is closed at the moment for renovations.

OP I think you should try Hook and Ladder. It sounds like what you're after and it's in the city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Canteen is at the other end of the city if you're staying in the Absolute Hotel. Not worth the trek in my opinion. Hook and Ladder is nice but very expensive.
    Skuxx wrote: »

The food is nice. The coffee and cupcakes are a rip off.
    If it is Saturday morning although not in the city I would recommend Collins Bar in Dooradoyle, the eggs benedict were probably the best I have had in Limerick. The ingredients in the full irish were excellent with the sausage and bacon top quality.

Bit of a trek from the Absolute though, miles away.
    The Buttery is closed at the moment for renovations.

OP I think you should try Hook and Ladder. It sounds like what you're after and it's in the city centre.

Closed for renovations? They're only open since the summer...odd.

I'd also suggest Olio&Farino on Little Catherine Street if they like Italian. Some gorgeous food in there, cold platters and salads and pasta stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

The Locke does very good eggs Benedict.
    The Strand hotel is very good for brunch. Had a very good croque Madame there.
    http://www.strandhotellimerick.ie/upload/docs/lunch-menu-cafe-2015.pdf

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Only if you like hippy food and art students.

At least your type won't be there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Mallow st the other end of the city? It's hardly New York we're talking about! A 15 min walk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

seachto7 wrote: »
    Mallow st the other end of the city? It's hardly New York we're talking about! A 15 min walk

If I was staying in the Absolute (a lot more than a 15 minute walk) I couldn't be arsed walking up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. We ended up in the market for crepes and delicious hot choc...i was well impressed with the market!

Advertisement