Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Android Studio

Options
  • 13-02-2015 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I'm in the process of moving over to Android Studio from Eclipse ADT.

I've always figured there will be steep learning curve when you consider Gradle and the new project layouts.

How have others faired in the move and have you any decent links to cheat sheets/tutorials that you found useful.

I'm sure that most of my woes are around Gradle but the documentation is quite large for it..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I kept putting it off until a project in work meant I had to make the move, I found it very easy to make the change and wouldn't go back to Eclipse now, much much prefer the experience of Studio and Gradle. That said I have never ported a project over from Eclipse to Android Studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

I kept putting it off until a project in work meant I had to make the move, I found it very easy to make the change and wouldn't go back to Eclipse now, much much prefer the experience of Studio and Gradle. That said I have never ported a project over from Eclipse to Android Studio.

Cool, that's exactly my situation now. I'm not converting a project, just new job and new projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I've moved to AS from Eclipse and wouldnt go back. I've also ported some apps over. Its pretty easy. AS does all the work for you, providing you import the app in AS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

A week or so in now and it definitely seems like the business alright.

I think i'll go to IntelliJ Idea for my regular Java projects also.

IntelliJ has it's quirks and differences but not necessarily in a bad way.

Advertisement