Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland Playground - Litter

Options
  • 13-02-2015 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

This playground is a mess - all kinds of crap, bottles, etc. Wasn't there a bin there previously or is it just my imagination?

Surely whoever maintains the middle green could also pick up rubbish from there?

Awful pity with such young kids using it...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

This playground is a mess - all kinds of crap, bottles, etc. Wasn't there a bin there previously or is it just my imagination?

Surely whoever maintains the middle green could also pick up rubbish from there?

Might be an opportunity for training of those responsible. It is so wrong to cause litter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

It's not up to the people who cut the grass to clean up after peoples mess!
    They are to maintain the area not clean up after scumbags who leave crap everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

Bins aren't legally allowed on playgrounds. Don't know if it would be feasible to have the landscapers pick up the rubbish.fIf anything, the council should be looking after it...

JanneG wrote: »
    Bins aren't legally allowed on playgrounds. Don't know if it would be feasible to have the landscapers pick up the rubbish.fIf anything, the council should be looking after it...

But why should the council clean up other people's rubbish? Seriously come on are we that bad now!

Bring your rubbish home with you if there are no bins, it's not that difficult really! People need to take responsibility instead of passing it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Why should councils provide any bins ever? Why dont all councils let all cities and towns become litter strewn.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

cocker5 wrote: »
    But why should the council clean up other people's rubbish? Seriously come on are we that bad now!

Bring your rubbish home with you if there are no bins, it's not that difficult really! People need to take responsibility instead of passing it on!

You'll always have some amount of rubbish blowing in to the playground. But my point was that the playground is under council control and they should therefore be the ones looking after it...

JanneG wrote: »
    You'll always have some amount of rubbish blowing in to the playground. But my point was that the playground is under council control and they should therefore be the ones looking after it...

The fact remains.. The people ie kids and parents who use it should be cleaning up after themselves.. The council shouldn't have spend it's funds on cleaning up after people in a area where bins are already provided.. am I mean come are we really that uncivil.

Do the decent thing people clean up after yourselves

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

In tge evenings there are young teens hanging about, it's not so cool to carry your rubbish with you. :) A bin beside the playground would at least give them some focus. The nearest council bin is at the south beach car park. It is not unreasonable for them to have one in another location that is a also community facility.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stevestevenson

It's not up to the people who cut the grass to clean up after peoples mess!
    They are to maintain the area not clean up after scumbags who leave crap everywhere!

Actually, they are paid to pick up rubbish - it's part of the maintenance.

It's all very well saying "bring your rubbish home with you if there are no bins" - but if people actually adhered to that we would not need any bins in any public area.

The fact is, there will always be these 'scumbags', and some people (no matter how many bins) will always dump rubbish, leave dog-crap, etc. The beach is a prime example of that.

And it is because of those people that the rest of us need to pay councils/management companies, or whoever to pick it up.

Actually, they are paid to pick up rubbish - it's part of the maintenance.

It's all very well saying "bring your rubbish home with you if there are no bins" - but if people actually adhered to that we would not need any bins in any public area.

The fact is, there will always be these 'scumbags', and some people (no matter how many bins) will always dump rubbish, leave dog-crap, etc. The beach is a prime example of that.

And it is because of those people that the rest of us need to pay councils/management companies, or whoever to pick it up.

Well then if your so sure that the management company should be doing it... why post on here at all??? surely your time would be better spent emailing them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stevestevenson

Well then if your so sure that the management company should be doing it... why post on here at all??? surely your time would be better spent emailing them?

I wasn't sure on 13th Feb, but I am now - and MC have been mailed, response still pending.

I wasn't sure on 13th Feb, but I am now - and MC have been mailed, response still pending.

Good luck with your quest so.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

I think u are safer without a bin because sticky sweet papers n fizzy drink bottles n cans attract flies n wasps in the summer (so better to brink your rubbish home)

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gordy6040

The bottom line here is that it's the kids that are causing the mess.
    It's not teenagers at night, its the 8-12 year old's who are there on their own leaving their fizzy drink bottles behind.
    This is about being thought respect, and that starts at home. The lesson here is not that someone else should be cleaning up their crap, they should be doing it them selves.

Advertisement