Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knacker's

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 irishjig123

this is a good read on a wet Friday.
    tinkers out, out, out ,out.

Not advocating anything like that, just if they want to be treated properly by society then they must behave civilised is all

kellso81 wrote: »
    Not for much longer you're not
    **** forgot my life revolves around boards.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

I agree 100% The overwhelming majority of young male travellers are thieves and scumbags. Never heard of a traveller that worked. Very little education.Live on the dole and drive around in new vans, caravans worth a fortune! Why are people afraid to admit this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

I can't understand why a rant against travellers is called racist. You do understand that travellers are the same race as most Irish people, don't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Yes I do, I think this country is too PC these days, i say what I think shoot from the hip and make no apologies for it.....

I'm a Mac man myself so don't blame me.

• Advertisement

ComfortKid wrote: »
    I agree 100% The overwhelming majority of young male travellers are thieves and scumbags. Never heard of a traveller that worked. Very little education.Live on the dole and drive around in new vans, caravans worth a fortune! Why are people afraid to admit this?
    My point precisely they thrive on fear and intimidation

Never heard of a traveller that worked.

I have.

What do I win?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I hate knackers , they really think they can do wtf they want. Some are ok tho

AnonoBoy wrote:
    I have.

Worked in the drug trafficking industry yeah?
    Obviously there is a few that worked, id say about 1% of the traveller population. .I've met hundreds of the rodents when I was growing up and not one worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭stitcheddepin

its self inflicted that they, the irish traveller, are on the margins of our, irish people, society. ive read a few books on the culture, some very harsh examples from irish travellers themselves. they don't treat us with any respect (and we them), they look upon us as unholy animals.
    this cultural clash will always keep the segregation, its a pity they are on the rise in laois or anywhere else, as its inevitable to lead to a local increase in crime, paranoia and illegal garbage disposal. that's fact, not racism.

• Advertisement

Falcon L wrote: »
    I can't understand why a rant against travellers is called racist. You do understand that travellers are the same race as most Irish people, don't you?

I am not racist, really I am not. have no problem with anybody of any creed or color coming to Ireland once they are willing to contribute to society. Travellers have always lived of the very state that they say refuses to give them a chance, when in fact millions has being spent on trying to educate them and keep them out of trouble which I have no problem with and if it helps a few I am all for it, but the fact still remains crime rates for traveller makes is extremely high and what's more they seem to get away with most of it

Worked in the drug trafficking industry yeah?
    Obviously there is a few that worked, id say about 1% of the traveller population. .I've met hundreds of the rodents when I was growing up and not one worked.

So you were just lying then when you said you hadn't?

Settled people. Such liars.

its self inflicted that they, the irish traveller, are on the margins of our, irish people, society. ive read a few books on the culture, some very harsh examples from irish travellers themselves. they don't treat us with any respect (and we them), they look upon us as unholy animals.
    this cultural clash will always keep the segregation, its a pity they are on the rise in laois or anywhere else, as its inevitable to lead to a local increase in crime, paranoia and illegal garbage disposal. that's fact, not racism.

It's a fact you are right, why do we get berated when we mention it

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,097 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Few around all right. A good few.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I have.

What do I win?

What did they work at as a matter of Interest

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

It's a fact you are right, why do we get berated when we mention it

Probably because it's illegal? They were looking to have things said or done against them, classified as hate crimes a while back Iirc. Dunno whether or not they succeeded..

Actors. You've seen them so don't pretend you don't know them.

Also personally know a few welders and mechanics as well as removal men and a carpenter who are travellers. All solid lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

They sell stolen goods.

AnonoBoy wrote:
    So you were just lying then when you said you hadn't?

No I wasn't. I said I have never met a traveller that worked. There might be some but I haven't met one. How am I a liar?

Probably because it's illegal? They were looking to have things said or done against them, classified as hate crimes a while back Iirc. Dunno whether or not they succeeded..

How is it illegal in a democracy is freedom of speech dead in this country or what, I am not about inciting hate just making a very valid observation with some colourful language for effect

• Advertisement

PeteFalk78 wrote: »
    They sell stolen goods.

At good prices too it has to be said

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Actors. You've seen them so don't pretend you don't know them.

Also personally know a few welders and mechanics as well as removal men and a carpenter who are travellers. All solid lads.

Yes you are correct I have seen such actors, and now u mention it I know a fella that changes tyres and he is a sound buck, but I am afraid they are the expection to the rule, have a read of the court pages in any local newspaper in the country and you will see the norm

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

OP banned for misuse of apostrophes, poor knowledge of geography & some other stuff.

/thread

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement