Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement Statements

Options
  • 13-02-2015 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭

Hey guys does anyone know how to get replacement statement for Avant Card/MBNA. I have almost all my statement but I am missing a block of them covering an 18 month period :confused:.
    I am preparing a file at the moment for the mis-selling of PPI, I am trying to establish how much I have contributed to this fund, for a product I was told was compulsory, despite the fact my employement status at the time the product was sold to me, excluded me from taking out a policy. The e-statment don't go far enough back, only 3 years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Hope it's okay to self bump. Would really like it, if someone had some input on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

They would only be obliged to give you statements going back 6 years. Anything further would require a solicitors/court order letter.

Have you tried calling them? Be prepared to pay for the duplicates.

They would only be obliged to give you statements going back 6 years. Anything further would require a solicitors/court order letter.

Have you tried calling them? Be prepared to pay for the duplicates.

Statement I need would be within that 6 Year period.
    Their FAQ is blank for this question. Would depend what kind of money they ask for them. Might be counter intuitive, to throw €200 euro to them so I can file a claim for mis-sold PPI that might take a year or more to sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭cdev

You could try an access request under the data protection act

The most they can charge you for this is €6.35. I made a request like this to a bank a couple of years ago and historical statements were included in the documentation they had to release to me.

cdev wrote: »
    You could try an access request under the data protection act

The most they can charge you for this is €6.35. I made a request like this to a bank a couple of years ago and historical statements were included in the documentation they had to release to me.

€6.35 I would be willing to spend even if I never saw it again. Do I simply request access to my personal information, or make a request for replacement statements under the data protection act. My payments to them is what I am interested in. They have added up over the period I have been with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭cdev

€6.35 I would be willing to spend even if I never saw it again. Do I simply request access to my personal information, or make a request for replacement statements under the data protection act. My payments to them is what I am interested in. They have added up over the period I have been with them.

I wrote a letter in the format suggested on http://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/Accessing-Your-Personal-Information/14.htm. Make sure you supply all relevant information such as account numbers, customer numbers etc. The historical statements were bundled with all the other information they sent me. I wouldn't specifically ask for statements, you may get other useful information in the documentation they release to you.

Most financial institutions web sites list an address for this type of request to be directed to. Avant card's site states that their Compliance Manager deals with data protection issues (http://www.avantcard.ie/Pages/How_to_make_a_compliant.aspx )

cdev wrote: »
    I wrote a letter in the format suggested on http://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/Accessing-Your-Personal-Information/14.htm. Make sure you supply all relevant information such as account numbers, customer numbers etc. The historical statements were bundled with all the other information they sent me. I wouldn't specifically ask for statements, you may get other useful information in the documentation they release to you.

Most financial institutions web sites list an address for this type of request to be directed to. Avant card's site states that their Compliance Manager deals with data protection issues (http://www.avantcard.ie/Pages/How_to_make_a_compliant.aspx )

Will give this a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Would it not be easier to call Avant themselves?

dobsdave wrote: »
    Would it not be easier to call Avant themselves?

I thought someone else might have an idea, as they have failed to provide the information on their website. I have received some useful answer, which I have already stated I will follow up on.

Advertisement