Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015 Sean Kelly Tour of Waterford - Online Entry opens on Valentines Day

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Anybody know where the pics from Mahon falls are
    Just watch the net space, some photos should be available this evening as we were told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Doc07

Great spin saw Needmoregears a few times and also a guy in pink boards shorts and Orwell jersey at a food stop i was in my Naas CC gear had my green Boards jersey on at the start but was fab day so ended up inmy pocket for the rest of the day. Mahon Falls really is a tough climb was glad to see the back of it

That was a great spin. That was me in the shorts with Orwell jersey. I spoke to 'Needmoregears' at the start line. He was flying as he seemed to be leaving each food stop as I arrived. Also cheers to the Dungarvan club who led a fine peleton on the lead up to Mahon climb.
    Only negative was the descent from Mahon but perhaps that a necessary evil to fit in a great climb.
    Great job by the foodstop volunteers and marshals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Here is a short Vid i took on Sunday of the 160K.

https://youtu.be/zYqGIU3GlDY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Are the 3km to go signs on the climbs meant to encourage you or crush your spirit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Just looking through the photos and spotted a lad I remember flying by me.
    Titanic Belfast jersey, carrier on the back of his bike with a big bag on it, lucozade bottles in his cage, lock on the handle bars and open toed proper open toed sandles!!!
    Seen him later waiting for a bus.
    Fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭bog_savage

Awesome event. Very well run and fab course . Even though it is shorter and has less climbing than wicklow 200 it seemed tougher, certainly kicked my ass anyway 😥

Just wondering if ye have any advice for decending . I got down Mahon falls ok but my friend blew out ( I presume from overheating his rim from braking) f@$*ed his carbon rim too .

I was letting brakes off and on as much as I could but they got pretty hot too. The marshalls said lots more people blew at the same place ( cattle grid , couple 100m down Mahon falls descent )
    Were we just being too cautious , any tips for extreme steep descents where you can't allow speed to build

Advertisement