Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum suggestion

• 13-02-2015 4:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭

Alri lads just a suggestion i was thinking of.

The name of this subsection under sports, would it not be better to name it Boards football team instead of boards team? It might increase traffic our way and maybe even a few quality new lads in the future?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Definitely makes sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

lads, i picked up a jacket the last night in colmcilles, one of the black ones that we got for winning the league last year.

drop me a PM if its your and ill bring it up the next night.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,194 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

mrDerek wrote: »
    would it not be better to name it Boards football team instead of boards team?
    Anyone have any objections to this suggestion? If not I'm happy to drop a note to the Admins to try and get a change done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Beasty wrote: »
    Anyone have any objections to this suggestion? If not I'm happy to drop a note to the Admins to try and get a change done

no, it's a great idea.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cheers beasty

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,194 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Welcome to the "Boards Football Team" forum:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

mrDerek wrote: »
    Alri lads just a suggestion i was thinking of.

The name of this subsection under sports, would it not be better to name it Boards football team instead of boards team? It might increase traffic our way and maybe even a few quality new lads in the future?

watch all the GAA lads come on board now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Not here for GAA :)
    The forum name change got my attention anyway.

Just had a quick look at the forum and fair play lads, ye seem to have a great setup here. I was just looking to get back playing some ball so if ye need a 31 year old with the knees of a 51 year old...I could do a job!
    Haven't played anything regular in a few years but I can play a bit.

I see you're coming to the end of your season, if you're struggling for numbers or looking for soneone for next season I'd be happy to talk contracts :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

PARlance wrote: »
    Not here for GAA :)
    The forum name change got my attention anyway.

Just had a quick look at the forum and fair play lads, ye seem to have a great setup here. I was just looking to get back playing some ball so if ye need a 31 year old with the knees of a 51 year old...I could do a job!
    Haven't played anything regular in a few years but I can play a bit.

I see you're coming to the end of your season, if you're struggling for numbers or looking for soneone for next season I'd be happy to talk contracts :)
    Howiya. What's your position?

Just following on from this post in last night's match thread
    yes there wrote: »
    Haha, I was only messing with you beasty. Be great if you could implement some of those ideas you had.
    I've passed one or two ideas onto the local mods - I realise some of these may have been looked at previously, but was also wondering whether it makes sense to open this thread up a bit more. Does anyone have any other ideas/suggestions to raise the profile of the team and forum and see if we can tempt a few more guys to give the team a go?

I am happy to try and move things along at the Admin an/or Office level if their input is required and there is a consensus it will help.

• Advertisement

I've passed one or two ideas onto the local mods -

Any chance you could involve me there? I'm the team manager and founder, so would like some input.

If possible you could post in here which I imagine you have access to, being the Sports CMod.

Mousewar wrote: »
    Howiya. What's your position?

Anywhere in the centre tbh. Normally centre mid but have played upfront and at the back too.
    Played a little LOI U-21's many moons ago, but don't get your hopes up, I'm embarssed at the thought of how bad I'll be.
    Haven't really played anything in the last 5 years so I'll be looking not to make a fool of myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

PARlance wrote: »
    Anywhere in the centre tbh. Normally centre mid but have played upfront and at the back too.
    Played a little LOI U-21's many moons ago, but don't get your hopes up, I'm embarssed at the thought of how bad I'll be.

We'll let you know if you stink the place up :D
    We've a couple of games left this season and will use them to try out a few new players. Next one is Tuesday 24th at 9pm in Benildus College, sandyford. If you can, come along and we should be able to get you on the pitch for some of the match.

Do you want to come to the next 3 games?

St Benildus next Tuesday at 9, then Colmcilles the two weeks following (9 & 8) - we meet about 20-30mins before kick off.

I'll guarantee you game time in each match too.

no pressure on performance, and use it to see if you'd be interested in joining for the Summer Season.

Same offer open to anyone else reading this and thinking of joining.

Mousewar wrote: »
    We'll let you know if you stink the place up :D
    We've a couple of games left this season and will use them to try out a few new players. Next one is Tuesday 24th at 9pm in Benildus College, sandyford. If you can, come along and we should be able to get you on the pitch for some of the match.

Cheers, I'll spin up to that.

Do you want to come to the next 3 games?

St Benildus next Tuesday at 9, then Colmcilles the two weeks following (9 & 8) - we meet about 20-30mins before kick off.

I'll guarantee you game time in each match too.

no pressure on performance, and use it to see if you'd be interested in joining for the Summer Season.

Same offer open to anyone else reading this and thinking of joining.

Thanks, will do, ya I'm good to go over the next few weeks.
    Moldies, shin pads etc needed?
    There might need to be a clean out of the shed.

Any chance you could involve me there? I'm the team manager and founder, so would like some input.

If possible you could post in here which I imagine you have access to, being the Sports CMod.
    Don't have access there - local mods can presumably give me access, or alternatively I'm happy to forward you the PM I sent to the 2 local mods

you'll need astro boots, or mouldies, shin pads if you want, socks and shorts.

We provide jersey.

Don't have access there - local mods can presumably give me access, or alternatively I'm happy to forward you the PM I sent to the 2 local mods

ah right, it's a private hosted forum, not under the sports category.

Oh yeah, if you could fwd the PM that would be great too!

I can't give access to that forum either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement